PDA

View Full Version : stevens?

Altahick
12-02-2006, 12:05 AM
i was looking at the stevens model 200 at sportsmans warehouse, and wanted ur guys opionions on the rifle, first of all i am looking at this rifle in .223, it will be used for just plinking and general shooting maby to kill some vermin here and there, i figure that just for plinking .223 will be an accurate cheap round. the gun does not come with any sights but is drilled and tapped for a scope ( i already have a nice scope for this rifle). the price on the rifle at sportsmans warehouse is $259.00 wich i though was a very good price. the rifle feels very nice and has a prety good balance, and the action feels very nice. obvisouly this is not a high end match rifle or anything but just for plinking and varmit, and at such a good price what do u guys think, in .223 maby .308 but i think .223 will be a little funner and cheaper.

heres the link to the rifle.

http://www.savagearms.com/st_200short.htm

eckerph
12-02-2006, 12:21 AM
For $259 go for it, i think its pretty much the same as a savage minus the accutrigger, plus it being a bolt gun can always be bedded and free floated for cheap and improve accuaracy.

Altahick
12-02-2006, 12:33 AM
from what i read its basically a savage 110 with a cheaper stock and minus the accutriger, and the barrel is already free floated.:)

eckerph
12-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Then put that baby on lay away if you have too:D. BTW i just love that place, gunstore with shopping carts, Ahhhh Heaven must look like this.