View Full Version : New signature

12-01-2006, 9:43 PM
Here's my new signature, addressed to the DoJ:
"Sag deinem Hauptmann: Vor Ihro Kaiserliche Majestät hab ich, wie immer, schuldigen Respekt. Er aber, sag's ihm, er kann mich am Arsch lecken!" Götz von Berlichingen, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1773

Translation: This is a famous quote from the play "Götz von Berlichingen" by Goethe, probably Germany's greatest writer. Götz is adressing a courier, asking him to deliver a message to the Imperial army:
Tell your colonel: For his Imperial Majesty I have, as always, the utmost respect. But he, tell him, he can lick my arse.

I hope it is considered witty enough to stand, even though it technically contains a bad word (although one which has stood the test of time, and of being used in the finest literature). If the admins have a problem with it, let me know.

12-02-2006, 3:08 AM
Indeed they can. I like it but I just work here.:)

12-02-2006, 7:04 AM
ach so....ein andere Deutschlander. Jetzt ist mein Deutsch nicht so gut aber ich habe fast alles in deine Satz verstanden. Wunderbar!

damn. ive forgotten my verb conjugations and noun genders. oh well. i think it makes sense....and im not really german. i just took it hs and college.:D

12-02-2006, 7:53 AM
Alle uns gehoeren die base

( for those that understand german: Yes, I know. :) )

12-03-2006, 2:04 PM
My German is a little rusty, but shouldn't it be "Ihre"?

12-03-2006, 7:21 PM

12-03-2006, 7:48 PM
Yes, it should. And 250 years ago, in Goethe's time, it should have been. But this play is supposed to be in the 15th century, so Goethe is writing imitation medieval German.

My bad, if it had been in the Fraktur alphabet, I might have picked up on that.:D

12-03-2006, 7:53 PM

Me thinks that Teutons is more politically correct.:D