PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Question

S107
12-01-2006, 8:08 PM
Would It Be At All Possible To "Chrome" A AR15 Lower Receiver And Barrel Without Damaging The Weapon? The Reason I Ask Is Because I Live Next Door To A Chrome Shop And It May Be A Nice Touch.

762cavalier
12-01-2006, 8:31 PM
well you could probably chrome the barrel because it is steel but I don't think you can chrome plate aluminum
besides why would you want to besides making
gangsta bling:eek:

SemiAutoSam
12-01-2006, 8:36 PM
I took some chrome plating classes in my 2nd year in college (Long time ago) and it is possible to chrome plate aluminum. In fact just about anything can be plated provided it has the correct base plating.

Usually its copper and then nickle and then the chrome is last.

with a good polishing at every stage.

S107
12-01-2006, 8:37 PM
I Love Gangsta Bling !!!

bwiese
12-01-2006, 8:57 PM
I Love Gangsta Bling !!!

Chromed ARs should have good pistol grips and telestocks so they can have a detachable magazine, so they meet the legal definition of an assault weapon. After it's chromed, take it to a police station to get it approved.

:)

SquidBeak
12-01-2006, 9:24 PM
If you chrome plated the bore, wouldn't you add to the inner diameter of the bore and possibly do more harm than good?

SemiAutoSam
12-01-2006, 9:27 PM
Very good idea as it has to be inspected to be legal.

CHP would be your best bet. :eek:

Chromed ARs should have good pistol grips and telestocks so they can have a detachable magazine, so they meet the legal definition of an assault weapon. After it's chromed, take it to a police station to get it approved.