PDA

View Full Version : LE Wilson Chamfer/Deburring tool

anotherted
12-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Can these be used to remove the primer pocket crimp from military brass?

Ive been ordering components for the better part of a week and each time i think i have all that i need, i run across yet another component that i seem to have passed by.

I see that RCBS makes a primer pocket crimp remover, but i dont want to drop another 25.00 if i dont have to.

Thanks again,

Ted

Fjold
12-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Can these be used to remove the primer pocket crimp from military brass?

Ive been ordering components for the better part of a week and each time i think i have all that i need, i run across yet another component that i seem to have passed by.

I see that RCBS makes a primer pocket crimp remover, but i dont want to drop another 25.00 if i dont have to.

Thanks again,

Ted

Nope, it it for prepping the neck of the brass after trimming, not the primer pockets.

ocabj
12-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I have the RCBS crimp removal tool. It works, but I think it's definitely worth the money to get the Dillon version.

I've had problems using the RCBS tool on LC 5.56 brass. It doesn't seem to do enough to swage the pocket open. I still had to use a primer pocket uniforming tool to 'ream' the pockets more. Works great for large primer pockets, though.

anotherted
12-01-2006, 7:00 PM
thats what i thought. oh well.

phish
12-01-2006, 7:09 PM
I used to just take my chamfer/deburr tool, but I felt the 45 degree angle of the cutters was a little too narrow.

I found a 60 degree reamer that somebody tossed at work :confused: and have been using that.

I thought about purchasing the Dillon tool since I have in excess of 2k pieces of crimped brass that will eventually need to be primed again.

ivanimal
12-01-2006, 9:21 PM
I use mine for that, I put it in a drill facing straight up and just do it by feel at a lower speed it is like using a rotary file. I have done this for 223, 308, and 30-06 for the garand with no issues in 15 years. You will need a 1/2 inch chuck on your drill.