PDA

View Full Version : Keep fighting the good fight

yzErnie
05-12-2011, 6:21 AM
There has recently been, IMO, an alarming number of folks coming into this sub-forum to voice their displeasure with the law enforcement community as a whole. I certainly believe in the 1st Amendment and would never advocate anyone not being able to excercise that right. However, the viewpoints, opinions and often times mean spirited nature of some of these folks is getting frustrating.

Please remember, we deal with this kind of behavior every single day and this board is an extention of the frustrations, uncertainty and quite honestly some jealously today's society brings. Ignore the malcontents, their harsh words and don't allow ourselves to be brought down a level. As said in a previous thread, "Haters will always hate".

Stand strong fellas and continue fighting the good fight.

Ernie

FLIGHT762
05-12-2011, 7:16 AM
I try not to let the haters get to me. It is difficult at times with so much misinformation being spread around. Vary rarely if at all, I comment in the posts involving alleged Police misconduct since in reality, the posted source for the incident is one sided. I've learned from many years dealing with critical incidents that the first information on something is not the full story and time is needed to fully investigate. The Nevada Costco shooting thread is a good example of that.

My passions are reloading, the shooting sports and hunting. My reasons to come to this site is to help out other shooters with reloading issues and obtain further knowledge from others with experience. I've learned a lot from this site, especially from the flow charts and interactive AW program.

I have always been a second amendment supporter and throughout my career, gone out of my way to educate my anti-gun co-workers. Actually, there were only a few of them. I was the go to guy to get the answers on firearms related subjects. I still get phone calls from our Dispatchers when they are trying to input firearms into AFS when the Officers don't put enough information on the description to enter a proper AFS entry. I'm happy to do it. I always based my actions as a L/E Officer as doing the right thing and being fair. That's how I was able to sleep at night.

I'm not going to let the haters and fools here chase me away. I just realize some of these people on this site have a very large chip on their shoulder and can't be unbiased or unprejudiced. Yes, there have been wrong doings on the part of L/E, but I let the system follow through and I will make my opinion when all of the facts are in.

fullrearview
05-12-2011, 8:52 AM
I try not to let the haters get to me. It is difficult at times with so much misinformation being spread around. Vary rarely if at all, I comment in the posts involving alleged Police misconduct since in reality, the posted source for the incident is one sided. I've learned from many years dealing with critical incidents that the first information on something is not the full story and time is needed to fully investigate. The Nevada Costco shooting thread is a good example of that.

My passions are reloading, the shooting sports and hunting. My reasons to come to this site is to help out other shooters with reloading issues and obtain further knowledge from others with experience. I've learned a lot from this site, especially from the flow charts and interactive AW program.

I have always been a second amendment supporter and throughout my career, gone out of my way to educate my anti-gun co-workers. Actually, there were only a few of them. I was the go to guy to get the answers on firearms related subjects. I still get phone calls from our Dispatchers when they are trying to input firearms into AFS when the Officers don't put enough information on the description to enter a proper AFS entry. I'm happy to do it. I always based my actions as a L/E Officer as doing the right thing and being fair. That's how I was able to sleep at night.

I'm not going to let the haters and fools here chase me away. I just realize some of these people on this site have a very large chip on their shoulder and can't be unbiased or unprejudiced. Yes, there have been wrong doings on the part of L/E, but I let the system follow through and I will make my opinion when all of the facts are in.

I'm pretty much on the same page you are. I go into every contact treating people the way I want to be treated, every investigation trying to prove innocence as much as guilt. Sometimes I wish I could see how some of the members here really are in life. Do they treat the waitress with as much disrespect??? After all she a "servant".

Anyways, I don't let it get to me. CGN is still a place to come and learn about things 2A and firearms.

biochembruin
05-12-2011, 10:13 AM
I used to really feel like I was part of a community here. Now, I feel disappointed when I see certain thread topics clearly bashing law enforcement. And when one of the moderators in “off topic” gets involved, it’s pretty disheartening. That said, I feel that Retired has done a great job handling the LEO sub-forum, but he can only lock so many threads before it just becomes ridiculous. When SVT-40’s thread has to be locked within 4 hours because people can’t follow the rules, it seems like there is a problem.

My understanding of the rules for the LEO sub-forum is that a non-law enforcement officer can post if they have a question. So why are they posting merely to provide a snide comment about the “increase” in no-knock warrants, or how officers don’t have the right to search your car without a warrant, or some other such sensationalist topic? Perhaps these rules need to be reinforced.

Over the past few months, I have tried very hard to refrain from responding to posts in the off topic, 2nd Amendment, or general gun sub-forums when it comes to anything remotely law enforcement related. I generally try to avoid opening them as well, since I pretty much know what the posts will consist of.

In the past, I have tried to educate people about policy and law on this site, because I was of the opinion when I first started working that if people merely understood what we did and why we did it, so much of the conflict would be resolved. You see, I grew up in, and live in, the city that I work for. I can remember being young and wondering why things were happening they way they were when it came to my police department. I also remember thinking specifically, why don’t they try and explain things such as policy and law so anyone can understand what’s going on?

For example, I tried to explain things in my posts about the protests to the Manuel Jamines shooting, and about the “new” LAPD policy on vehicle impounds, but the results were less than encouraging. It seems people are hell-bent on being infuriated with authority for one reason or another, no matter how illogical or ludicrous that reason is. It was a formative experience for me when I saw Chief Beck hold a meeting to explain policy, law, and the facts of the case regarding Jamines shooting, because I felt that if he just gets a chance to explain things logically, people would understand. Wrong! He was just shouted down and called a liar, which is essentially what happens on this site when someone suggests, “Hey, maybe we should wait for all the facts!” You can’t have a discussion based on logic when people respond with emotion.

I’ve pretty much given up. There’s no solution. This site is just a reflection of society in general, and in general, people aren’t as logical as they make themselves out to be. It’s gotten to the point where I’m weary of meeting fellow Calguns members because I have to think about what their stance might be on law enforcement and I’m concerned for my safety.

The most stupid and ironic thing is people complain about the “us versus them” mentality of law enforcement. What about the “them versus us” mentality of the public that is blatantly encouraged in sections of this site?

I’m sorry for such a long post. It has been on my mind for quite a while, and I take seriously the job that I do.

SVT-40
05-12-2011, 10:37 AM
thanks for the support both from the LEO's as well as the non LEO's in my closed thread.

Maybe the option which needs to be seriously discussed is whether Calguns is benefiting, or being hurt by the "off topic" sub forum?

Seriously, what beneficial goal is being reached, or what outreach is being achieved to advance the goals of Calguns by the sorts of topics discussed there?

A real cost Vs benefit analysis.

Personally I see very little benefit, and a major downside.

After all this is CalGUNS. Not Cal gossip.

fullrearview
05-12-2011, 11:42 AM
He was just shouted down and called a liar, which is essentially what happens on this site when someone suggests, “Hey, maybe we should wait for all the facts!” You can’t have a discussion based on logic when people respond with emotion.

Very true. It kills me when those members post the same argument about Anti-Gunners, then lose that logic on LEO topics.

I’ve pretty much given up. There’s no solution. This site is just a reflection of society in general, and in general, people aren’t as logical as they make themselves out to be. It’s gotten to the point where I’m weary of meeting fellow Calguns members because I have to think about what their stance might be on law enforcement and I’m concerned for my safety.

The most stupid and ironic thing is people complain about the “us versus them” mentality of law enforcement. What about the “them versus us” mentality of the public that is blatantly encouraged in sections of this site?

Pot meet kettle huh!

I’m sorry for such a long post. It has been on my mind for quite a while, and I take seriously the job that I do.

In Bold. No worries about the long post. It is sad to have to walk the tight rope on here too now.

Steyrlp10
05-12-2011, 11:48 AM
It's sad that some people are so opinionated and ignorant in their views when they start bashing any one group, especially those in law enforcement -- and for the individuals I personally know who are of that rigid mind set, I can understand why they rant at cops.

The ones I know make excuses for bending the law for their own personal gain, but they get upset when a cop has to enforce that law and get them back to the straight and narrow.

"Ignore" works well for me :)

Jack L
05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I sympathize with LEOs. The local online news for my area often has articles that concern actions by our sheriff, his deputies, and/or city chiefs and his guys. I would say 80% of the comments are anti LE. I am often the only one who supports what the article is stating. The general public, at least the ones sitting around on their computers is by far more anti LE in my area than not, which is a very middle class area. Many of the posters have no understanding of why actions are taken out on the street or the raids that are conducted yet are predisposed to being anti LE right off. It's pretty alarming considering there are so many bad guys out there to be dealt with yet there is disrespect for those that have to go out and deal with all these people.

The articles are often not accurate in their details and this also causes more inflammatory remarks against LEOs. There are a few calls that go bad in the USA ever year and make the YouTube rounds which seem to generate some of this anti mindset. Maybe some of it comes from a down economy right now? One thing for sure, when I was growing up my family never badmouthed LE in our house. I suspect this was pretty normal for most families in the 1950's - 1960's. There was still respect for authority. I have no idea what caused the turn around but it is out there. I do not think I'm being paranoid about it. LEOs and LE in general are facing some tough working conditions these days.

I would hope news agencies when writing their articles such as the recent one in AZ which caused a firestorm of responses, would be very careful in details and state that they too do not yet know what went down. The way it was written, we all read into it something much different than what may have taken place. The public tends to not believe the LE details and congers up a conspiracy theory. I fall for it myself at times. I blame some of this on news agencies for trying to make news that causes readers to keep buying or linking to their sensationalism style news, if you can call it news.

I do not think the majority of the mods are anti LEO. Some may be frustrated with chiefs and sheriffs not being very generous about issuing CCWs but that's only one single issue and not a general anti LE stance. Most the anti LEO remarks are from posters and we are all dealing with who knows who on this forum.

There is a place for LEOs here and I hope all you guys stay on the site and keep educating the non LEOs. I suspect many of the posters do not know any LEOs, or have them in the family or as friends and find it facinating they can actually communicate with a LEO other than on a traffic stop or Safety Stop.

Good luck. Don't go away.

yzErnie
05-12-2011, 7:14 PM
I truly believe there is a place for this sub-forum here. There have been many decent folks who have come into this area and asked legitiment questions and received professional answers. That is partially why this area was created. However, the naysayers will always be be there to isert their uninformed, ignorant or bias opinions. We have to be above that and not allow ourselves to be drawn down to their level.

We all know by now who the malcontents who visit this area are. I avoid their threads like I do my ex-wife. I do however, appreciate the fact that we as LEOs have a place to offer advise to the good folks. I'm very careful about topics that discuss tactics, equipment and sensitive information and frequently avoid those threads as well. I would truly like to be able to speak openly and honestly about some of the topics and participants in this area but I do not care for the fallout and ridicule that would follow.

Again, continue fighting the good fight because there are people out there that truly depend upon us and those are the folks who need to keep us motivated to keep doing the right things.

Stay safe, Ernie

Jonathan Doe
05-12-2011, 9:41 PM
I have served proudly for 25 years. I have been sued a few times. Been complained a few times. Commended a few times. Shot at a few times. I have survived to this point and have 1,407 days left.

It has been a good career. I just let them vent, and I go on my own merry way. I just feel sorry for the people always live with negative mind set.

Tacit Blue
05-12-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't think the General Public fully understands the role of Law Enforcement from the eyes of the officer. Most of them have never had the responsibility of carrying a firearm for 8-12 hours a day/night, all while wearing body armor. I too can sympathize, i come from a background in DOD Security/Patrol. People are rude and hateful to any type of authority figure. Whether it be someone slamming a door in your face, or dealing with a drunk who is combative, to towing someones vehicle for their own mistake.

I think the public only chooses to see a negative perspective, when the opportunity presents itself. This mainly being the media. Rarely do you ever hear reports in the media of officers responding to a home invasion, and apprehending the subject. Possibly saving the homeowners from harm, it just seems somewhat biased and filtered for only negative content.

The media loves to dig up any kind of dirt they can find, and they'll always use it as political leverage against LE. They jump on the band wagons with groups like the ACLU, or copwatch.org

Ron-Solo
05-12-2011, 11:15 PM
No worries Ernie

The general public and many CalGuners have no clue what we (LE) really do, how we do it, and why we do it.

Too many rush to grab the torches and pitchforks to attack base on limited or unsubstantiated information. Because of the mentality, I have reduced my time on CalGuns lately. Retired has been an excellent moderator, and tries to handle things fairly.

Like someone else mentioned, is is sad when a moderator jumps in on the negative side. I have seen it from time to time, but it is rare. It is disappointing.

A while back, some members suggested me as a moderator, but I quickly declined, because I didn't feel I could be impartial enough, which is essential for a moderator.

That said, we all know who the haters are. I just hit the report button when they cross the line.

CalGuns is still a great place to exchange info and make friends.

Notorious
05-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Let them voice their frustrations, it's all water off a duck's back to me. Whatever. If I won't let it get to me at work when they are doing it to my face, why would I care aout some internet-hero who only dares to speak like that when he is hiding anonymously on the web? Those are the same guys that will cry and beg when you pull them over so they can get out of a ticket, then MF you behind your back so they can redeem themselves in front of their friends.

We're here for each other, just like in real life. Just take that for what it's worth and don't worry about the haters. Remember, we get to CCW in this state and buy off-list pistols with standard capacity magazines. Teehee!

biochembruin
05-13-2011, 12:28 AM
.... Remember, we get to CCW in this state and buy off-list pistols with standard capacity magazines. Teehee!

You and your "us vs them, put down the serfs, elitist" mentality!!! ;)

Tacit Blue
05-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Let them voice their frustrations, it's all water off a duck's back to me. Whatever. If I won't let it get to me at work when they are doing it to my face, why would I care aout some internet-hero who only dares to speak like that when he is hiding anonymously on the web? Those are the same guys that will cry and beg when you pull them over so they can get out of a ticket, then MF you behind your back so they can redeem themselves in front of their friends.

We're here for each other, just like in real life. Just take that for what it's worth and don't worry about the haters. Remember, we get to CCW in this state and buy off-list pistols with standard capacity magazines. Teehee!

I want a off list XDM :mad: It's not a ' Safe Pistol' too many rds. What did i ever do to deserve this? I pay my DROS fees to the DOJ.

Notorious
05-13-2011, 12:57 AM
You and your "us vs them, put down the serfs, elitist" mentality!!! ;)

Honestly, it only irks those who have that hate for us anyway... when I wasn't a cop, I never begrudged cops for being different and having different privileges of the job. That just comes with the territory.

It's the haters and wannabes and never-will-bes who hate on us for having those privileges while they wish they could too. Jealousy breeds the worst kind of hatred.

It's like someone said, if I make a general statement which is not directed to you and you get offended by it, then maybe it does apply to you after all.

Jack L
05-13-2011, 6:12 AM
Remember, we get to CCW in this state and buy off-list pistols with standard capacity magazines. Teehee!

These are privileges LEOs earned by walking the walk. If the public also wants them, let them go to school, train and step into a position that they too can enjoy them. It all comes with a cost. No one rides for free.

veeklog
05-13-2011, 7:08 AM
I have served proudly for 25 years. I have been sued a few times. Been complained a few times. Commended a few times. Shot at a few times. I have survived to this point and have 1,407 days left.

It has been a good career. I just let them vent, and I go on my own merry way. I just feel sorry for the people always live with negative mind set.

Amen, brother! I love what I do, and it has been one hell of a roller coaster the past thirteen years. At this point in my life I don't think I could do anything else. That being said, except for my close friends and family, I rarely tell people what I do anymore. Too many people are quick to pass judgement and voice negative experiences/displeasure with law enforcement. After I get home from work the last thing I want to hear is a ear-full of crap from people because I am human and have a life outside of work.

1911su16b870
05-13-2011, 7:28 AM
I have really enjoyed my time here on calguns, especially the LE sub-forum, seeing what other people are doing with OLLs, 80% receivers, the technical and CA law firearm aspects.

I believe people post stuff anonymously on the internet that they would never say to your face. That reality coupled with envy or contempt or mixture of the both leads to the anti LE posts.

Every day we wake up and fight the good fight.

Notorious
05-13-2011, 7:46 AM
Preach on, brother!!!

fullrearview
05-13-2011, 8:59 AM
I want a off list XDM :mad: It's not a ' Safe Pistol' too many rds. What did i ever do to deserve this? I pay my DROS fees to the DOJ.

It sucks, but until we strike down the law we must follow it. I think it's safe to say that all the cops here have no issues with you getting a XDM if you want one, as long as you are not a dirtbag... Even if you were, you would get one anyways right?

BTW... You can get one through the single shot exemption... You know that right?

Triad
05-13-2011, 1:03 PM
I really only pay attention to this sub-forum anymore, and even then I have to weed through a bit of bull**** these days. I don't really feel my opinion has a place anywhere else in the Calguns forum community.

Frankly, the only reason I still come here is to read the opinions of some of the "old hands" here. For a new-ish cop it is helpful.

Tacit Blue
05-13-2011, 1:25 PM
It sucks, but until we strike down the law we must follow it. I think it's safe to say that all the cops here have no issues with you getting a XDM if you want one, as long as you are not a dirtbag... Even if you were, you would get one anyways right?

BTW... You can get one through the single shot exemption... You know that right?

The real reason has to due with money. The state wants to perform some micky mouse test; whether it be 'drop testing' .Seriously who drops a loaded gun? If the firearm goes off then you deserve it for being careless. They just want the manufacture to pay them off for bs testing to say a pistol is 'safe'. Anyways i'll end my rant...

biochembruin
05-13-2011, 1:36 PM
...Seriously who drops a loaded gun? If the firearm goes off then you deserve it for being careless....

You apparently have never slipped in a wet flood control channel responding to a man with a rifle call.

BigDogatPlay
05-13-2011, 3:02 PM
You apparently have never slipped in a wet flood control channel responding to a man with a rifle call.

:owned:

Or on wet grass, or been the victim of a less than ideal (AKA cheap) issued holster..... yeah, that was me.

Those who choose to not understand another's perspective or choose not to engage in a meaningful way are what and how they choose to be. I can't change that, and wouldn't try. I can choose to continue to try and bring insight to the discussion... or choose not to. The latter seems to work best when the applesauce gets deep.

As I've said elsewhere, I support the work of the foundation and what CGN stands for. If some people don't like me personally for some reason because I used to work as a LEO, their loss, not mine.

Coded-Dude
05-13-2011, 3:12 PM
http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/haters-gonna-hate-cop-tickets-kid.jpg

Props to all you LEO's who do your job the way its supposed to be done! I commend and thank you. I have had very good and very bad interactions with law enforcement in my lifetime, but i respect what you do and don't hold a grudge against the entire organization for the misconduct of a few bad apples.

Tacit Blue
05-13-2011, 3:23 PM

No can't say i have lol. I could see how that would happen.That's acceptable, somewhat. Notice i said the word ' DROP' as defined by the DOJ's test:D. Where did this take place the L.A river?

Tacit Blue
05-13-2011, 3:25 PM
:owned:

Or on wet grass, or been the victim of a less than ideal (AKA cheap) issued holster..... yeah, that was me.

Those who choose to not understand another's perspective or choose not to engage in a meaningful way are what and how they choose to be. I can't change that, and wouldn't try. I can choose to continue to try and bring insight to the discussion... or choose not to. The latter seems to work best when the applesauce gets deep.

As I've said elsewhere, I support the work of the foundation and what CGN stands for. If some people don't like me personally for some reason because I used to work as a LEO, their loss, not mine.

yeah i got owned by that response no doubt lol:D.

biochembruin
05-13-2011, 4:34 PM
No can't say i have lol. I could see how that would happen.That's acceptable, somewhat. Notice i said the word ' DROP' as defined by the DOJ's test:D. Where did this take place the L.A river?

It was a tributary of the L.A River. Got 8 stitches for my trouble. No ND.

oddjob
05-13-2011, 4:44 PM
I too have read all the anti LEO junk here. Anyways...What I thought would be fun would be to go the opposite direction.

In other words go with the LEO haters flow and carry it beyond. Especially with search and seizure questions. Example....With respect to "No Knock Warrants" (of which in my 31 years I've served zero of them) just say you served them all the time and they were fun. If they don't want to hear the truth (no knocks warrants being rare).....well I say turn it on them.

Lets face it.....going "off topic" on a Cal Guns thread is normal and somewhat encouraged!

*My Heine .45 fell out and it went across the entire street because the suspect or me kicked it at the same time I tackled him. We both were depressed.

Hopalong
05-13-2011, 5:38 PM
You're right, as a member of the general public, I really don't know what you guys do, how you do it, or why.

I just know someone has to do it, and it doesn't interest me.

I also realize the media seems to be more into the entertainment business, and less into the news business. The sensationalism is ridiculous.

I believe the vast majority of the general public are not only pro LE

But are also willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt

Even when there is a negatively skewed media bias on a particular story.

A few things to remember...

The media never reports houses that don't burn down.

Most good goes unnoticed

And your supporters are mostly silent; a kind of "no news is good news" thing

I check out this sub-forum every day and find it very informative and interesting

However, I am reluctant to post here, and was reluctant to post this, but I did anyway

To show my support

I'd be willing to bet there are hundreds, if not thousands, of silent supporters

For every one negative complainer.

I am appreciative for what you guys do.

tyrist
05-13-2011, 7:43 PM
I too have read all the anti LEO junk here. Anyways...What I thought would be fun would be to go the opposite direction.

In other words go with the LEO haters flow and carry it beyond. Especially with search and seizure questions. Example....With respect to "No Knock Warrants" (of which in my 31 years I've served zero of them) just say you served them all the time and they were fun. If they don't want to hear the truth (no knocks warrants being rare).....well I say turn it on them.

Lets face it.....going "off topic" on a Cal Guns thread is normal and somewhat encouraged!

*My Heine .45 fell out and it went across the entire street because the suspect or me kicked it at the same time I tackled him. We both were depressed.

I have a strong suspicion they are confusing "no knock" with "dynamic entry".

fullrearview
05-14-2011, 12:16 AM
I have a strong suspicion they are confusing "no knock" with "dynamic entry".

Exactly.

lavgrunt
05-14-2011, 7:10 PM
Well....Time to fess up......It was some 'to and fro' posts by me and 'Irishjoe' that got SVT's last post locked.......one of the haters got on the thread and posted some CARAZZZYY.....strait anticop BS........we fired back eventho RETIREID asked us to let it go..........not our finest hour, but nobody disrespects our brothers and sisters and gets away with it.......but RETIRED was right and we should have honored his request........sorry SVT

SVT-40
05-14-2011, 9:05 PM
No problem, and no apology needed. Better to have to much back up than not enough. In fact I'm sure you handled your self better than I would have if I had seen the comments!!!!

When aid is needed we all know it doesn't matter who shows up, as long as someone does.

So thanks for having my back!!!

Notorious
05-14-2011, 9:23 PM
Screw that! If I had seen it you know I'd be rollin' hard to get your back!!!!

IrishJoe3
05-14-2011, 9:31 PM
Lavgrunt is right, he and I were on a roll. I knew I shoulda left it alone but just couldn't resist. Sorry, Retired!

retired
05-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Lavgrunt is right, he and I were on a roll. I knew I shoulda left it alone but just couldn't resist. Sorry, Retired!

Accepted.:)

Falconis
05-14-2011, 11:05 PM
No problem, and no apology needed. Better to have to much back up than not enough. In fact I'm sure you handled your self better than I would have if I had seen the comments!!!!

When aid is needed we all know it doesn't matter who shows up, as long as someone does.

So thanks for having my back!!!

Waiting for the obligitory, "Why you all need so many cops for this car stop? You're all treating me like I'm a criminal. I'm not a criminal ..."

Sorry for some reason that popped into my head ...

sendithit
05-15-2011, 5:30 AM
There are obviously more non-LEOs than there are LEOs. The "us vs them" mentality appears to come more from the non-LEOs than from the LEOs themselves. To whit: Watch what happens to most non-LEO's behavior toward a person they've met for the first time once that person has been identified as an off-duty LEO. Its very predictable and all of you reading this know what I'm talking about. OTOH, most off-duty LEOs (after the rookie shine has finally taken on a realistic patina) will want to behave as normally and as regularly around normal and regular non-LEO folks because that's what/who they are....they just have a different job to do.

TRICKSTER
05-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Well....Time to fess up......It was some 'to and fro' posts by me and 'Irishjoe' that got SVT's last post locked.......one of the haters got on the thread and posted some CARAZZZYY.....strait anticop BS........we fired back eventho RETIREID asked us to let it go..........not our finest hour, but nobody disrespects our brothers and sisters and gets away with it.......but RETIRED was right and we should have honored his request........sorry SVT

At least it's still there. Part 2 was entirely deleted. Went to bed one night, no nasty post or comments, next day the entire thread was gone. Too bad as there were some well thought out opinions posted there as well as some problems that Calguns should address if they are interested in the support of the LEO community.

SVT-40
05-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Just noticed that. In addition The moderator M. sage reopened the original closed thread so he could post on it. Here is what he said.

His first post:

Another party I wasn't invited to?

I'm not an LEO, but since the thread is about me, tough cookies.

For the record, go look at that thread. The post you quoted is not used in the context you put it in.

So thank you very much for taking my words out of context (and you actually had to put effort into changing the context!!!) to attack me. Why did you purposely ignore the part where I said "but since you mentioned it"? I was not speculating on whether or not that shooting involved full auto weapons, in fact I believe it only involved semi-auto shooting.

What disturbs me on Calguns is the moderator bashing. A mod can't have an opinion without people purposely putting his statements out of context to attack him. I'm not sure what you're doing here, either.

His second post:

"Dang. I just realized the thread was closed. Rather than reopen it, respond to my by PM.

If you don't, I couldn't care less, but if you've got something to say to or about me, don't go running to a group you know will be sympathetic just for the sake of bad-mouthing me when I hardly ever come to this area, which is easy to tell by my lack posts except the "no cop bashing" sticky at the top.

Man up and confront me or STFU, son. "

Sorry , but I didn't change the context. Your post was just quoted. Here was my statement related to what you posted about LEO's not needing FA weapons.

"Even a moderator joined in and stated LEO's should not have full auto weapons. Even though there is no evidence any FA weapons were employed."

How is that over critical? You did join in and opine that LEO's should not have FA weapons. My comments were not disrespectful just dis agreeing with your opinion.

Moderators should be held to a higher standard don't you think? You have the power to open closed threads and edit or entirely remove any posting.

As far as needing to "man up". Seriously aren't you just a bit to upset over this? Besides If I were to confront you I'm sure the posts would mysteriously vanish like some other posts I recently posted where I defended the LEO's in The Costco shooting with facts of the case. My posts were deleted, but the posts by those who made wildly incorrect or absolutely false posts defending the suspect were left up.

I support that you can have an opinion. However we non moderators as also just as entitled as you to our opinions.

So as far as your STFU comment. No, however I'm sure my voice will be censored where yours will not.

TRICKSTER
05-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Wonder how long it will be before this thread disappears?
Apparently, shining a light on certain behavior, and how it reflects on Calguns, is not allowed here.
I must say though, I am glad it happened as it has shown me that this is not a place that I would want to be publicly linked to as a volunteer wearing the Calguns logo. When even the Mods are making anti LEO statements and trolling, it is just too much. I will stay for the information that is traded in the various forums, but that is all.

biochembruin
05-16-2011, 7:42 AM
I just reread the original closed thread that M. Sage decided to post on, justified by his reasoning "...but since the thread is about me, tough cookies."

I only found one reference to him by name, in the first post. How was that entire thread about him??? Seems kind of childish and self centered to try to goad someone into a response by saying, "Man up and confront me or STFU, son," on a locked thread, specifically so no one will see a PM response.

I'm with Trickster on this one. When entire threads are being deleted which address an issue that I, personally, have a stake in, that signifies to me that this forum may not be a place for me. I too will stick around for the wealth of gun info, but that is all. Someone else can donate their money, I'll spend mine on ammo.

Jack L
05-16-2011, 8:27 AM
At least it's still there. Part 2 was entirely deleted. Went to bed one night, no nasty post or comments, next day the entire thread was gone. Too bad as there were some well thought out opinions posted there as well as some problems that Calguns should address if they are interested in the support of the LEO community.

What about having only LEOs as moderators in the LEO section? After all, no matter what layman may think, it takes a LEO to truly understand a LEO most of the time. Would not that be a fair way to moderate the LEO section?

1911su16b870
05-16-2011, 8:35 AM
Just noticed that. In addition The moderator M. sage reopened the original closed thread so he could post on it. Here is what he said.

His first post:

For the record, go look at that thread. The post you quoted is not used in the context you put it in.

So thank you very much for taking my words out of context (and you actually had to put effort into changing the context!!!) to attack me. Why did you purposely ignore the part where I said "but since you mentioned it"? I was not speculating on whether or not that shooting involved full auto weapons, in fact I believe it only involved semi-auto shooting.

What disturbs me on Calguns is the moderator bashing. A mod can't have an opinion without people purposely putting his statements out of context to attack him. I'm not sure what you're doing here, either.

His second post:

"Dang. I just realized the thread was closed. Rather than reopen it, respond to my by PM.

If you don't, I couldn't care less, but if you've got something to say to or about me, don't go running to a group you know will be sympathetic just for the sake of bad-mouthing me when I hardly ever come to this area, which is easy to tell by my lack posts except the "no cop bashing" sticky at the top.

Sorry , but I didn't change the context. Your post was just quoted. Here was my statement related to what you posted about LEO's not needing FA weapons.

"Even a moderator joined in and stated LEO's should not have full auto weapons. Even though there is no evidence any FA weapons were employed."

How is that over critical? You did join in and opine that LEO's should not have FA weapons. My comments were not disrespectful just dis agreeing with your opinion.

Moderators should be held to a higher standard don't you think? You have the power to open closed threads and edit or entirely remove any posting.

As far as needing to "man up". Seriously aren't you just a bit to upset over this? Besides If I were to confront you I'm sure the posts would mysteriously vanish like some other posts I recently posted where I defended the LEO's in The Costco shooting with facts of the case. My posts were deleted, but the posts by those who made wildly incorrect or absolutely false posts defending the suspect were left up.

I support that you can have an opinion. However we non moderators as also just as entitled as you to our opinions.

So as far as your STFU comment. No, however I'm sure my voice will be censored where yours will not.

+1 WTF :eek: IMO that was not right.

Spanky8601
05-16-2011, 10:57 AM

His first post:

His second post:

I am with SVT-40 on this one 100%.

Seems kinda low to open a locked thread to hammer a member and then throw down a veiled threat.

And IBTL.

sandman21
05-16-2011, 12:20 PM

How is that over critical? You did join in and opine that LEO's should not have FA weapons. My comments were not disrespectful just dis agreeing with your opinion..

He never said that the situation involved a FA. You are taking his quote completely out of context and then instead of debating him about a difference of opinions, you create a thread in a separate section and claim that his comment is somehow anti-LEO. I would find it highly disrespectful to use a post that said nothing bad about LEO in general or about a specific LEO and claim that it is "absolute biased anti-LEO statements".

This is just so funny, try using “fuzz” in a non-derogatory meaning and watch what happens. There have been entire threads removed because a LEO did not like what was being said and trolled to get it locked or deleted. I have had posts deleted because I copied what a LEO wrote and used it against him. So? You have no proof that Sage was the person who deleted the posts in the Costco thread so what does that matter.

TRICKSTER
05-16-2011, 12:39 PM
What matters is he is a Mod and like it or not, that position makes him a representative of Calguns. He has made several anti LEO post and sometimes acts like a troll. The fact that a mod is allowed to do this here gives the impression that Calguns endorses this anti LEO behavior. Now he is calling out SVT-40, something that Kestryll has told me is not allowed here.
Calguns has every right to allow whatever they want on their forums, but if they want the support and understanding of the LEO community, this is not the way to get it.

SVT-40
05-16-2011, 12:47 PM
He never said that the situation involved a FA. You are taking his quote completely out of context and then instead of debating him about a difference of opinions, you create a thread in a separate section and claim that his comment is somehow anti-LEO. I would find it highly disrespectful to use a post that said nothing bad about LEO in general or about a specific LEO and claim that it is "absolute biased anti-LEO statements".

This is just so funny, try using “fuzz” in a non-derogatory meaning and watch what happens. There have been entire threads removed because a LEO did not like what was being said and trolled to get it locked or deleted. I have had posts deleted because I copied what a LEO wrote and used it against him. So? You have no proof that Sage was the person who deleted the posts in the Costco thread so what does that matter.

You miss the point. No one said anything about the use of FA weapons until M.sage brought it up. He was the one who then opined.

"Since you mentioned it, LE does not need and should not have full-auto weapons. They are so unlikely to ever find themselves in a situation that it's fair to say that they never will."

He was the one who opined that LEO's do not need or have FA weapons.

My statement:

My statement was specific and was solely about his comments nothing more.

As to who deleted posts from any thread. Who knows. I did not make any assertions as to who the moderator was that deleted any posts. But I do know it had to be a moderator.

As to why it matters. It matters because as a moderator he can have an impact on the substance and subject matter in threads.

When you have such control along with that should go greater responsibility.

yzErnie
05-16-2011, 1:09 PM
I didn't start this thread to talk about other threads. I started it with the very naive thought that we could stay on the op topic. Boy, was I wrong.

If you all want to talk about previous threads and Mods that irritate you please start your own thread. I don't want to see mine locked or deleted because you guys get into it with some other Mod.

Sorry if I pissed anyone off by my words but I will stand by them.

Thank you [/rant]

TRICKSTER
05-16-2011, 1:21 PM
I didn't start this thread to talk about other threads. I started it with the very naive thought that we could stay on the op topic. Boy, was I wrong.

If you all want to talk about previous threads and Mods that irritate you please start your own thread. I don't want to see mine locked or deleted because you guys get into it with some other Mod.

Thank you [/rant]

I thought this thread was about anti LEO behavior on Calguns? Isn't that still the topic or are we to "continue fighting the good fight" while ignoring the reason we are fighting? Just the fact that you are afraid of this thread being locked or deleted shows that there is a major problem here.

yzErnie
05-16-2011, 2:16 PM
No inflection:
What do you think is going to happen when a mod is talked about in a negative light. It's going to end up in some other heated debate with supporters and opposing viewpoints and get deleted or locked. Do I support his opinion about LEAs possessing FA weapons, no I don't but he is entitled to his opinion. Instead of debating it with him (or others) I simply choose not to comment about his opinion just as I do not comment on posts of the vast majority of other naysayers who post on this board. We should not allow ourselves to be brought down to a different level to argue with the illinformed.

sandman21
05-16-2011, 3:11 PM
You miss the point. No one said anything about the use of FA weapons until M.sage brought it up. He was the one who then opined.

No he was not, there was another post.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=6377911&postcount=140

"Since you mentioned it, LE does not need and should not have full-auto weapons. They are so unlikely to ever find themselves in a situation that it's fair to say that they never will."

He was the one who opined that LEO's do not need or have FA weapons.

My statement:

My statement was specific and was solely about his comments nothing more.

Yes the only problem is the lines right above it

“Seriously, with all the absolute biased anti LEO statements made without any proof I really have to ask the question. .

..Why do LEO's continue to participate here when these ideals are allowed to flourish.

Even a moderator joined in and stated LEO's should not have full auto weapons. Even though there is no evidence any FA weapons were employed.”

Nothing in his opinion about FA is in anyway biased anti LEO statements. It was a different opinion then yours that was it.

As to who deleted posts from any thread. Who knows. I did not make any assertions as to who the moderator was that deleted any posts. But I do know it had to be a moderator.

As to why it matters. It matters because as a moderator he can have an impact on the substance and subject matter in threads.

When you have such control along with that should go greater responsibility.

Yet you have no proof that he has done anything to impact substance or subject. So it should not matter.

SVT-40
05-16-2011, 4:22 PM

Thank you [/rant]

I'm sorry yzernie. I'm the responsible party. I see your point.

Sandman21 I can see some of your issue I probably could have expressed myself better.

So let's get back on topic.

TRICKSTER
05-16-2011, 5:59 PM
No inflection:
What do you think is going to happen when a mod is talked about in a negative light. It's going to end up in some other heated debate with supporters and opposing viewpoints and get deleted or locked. Do I support his opinion about LEAs possessing FA weapons, no I don't but he is entitled to his opinion. Instead of debating it with him (or others) I simply choose not to comment about his opinion just as I do not comment on posts of the vast majority of other naysayers who post on this board. We should not allow ourselves to be brought down to a different level to argue with the illinformed.

I see what you are saying, but so much for fighting the good fight. We should not be afraid of posting the truth or worry about a thread being locked because non LEOs start posting rude comments here or someone showing where a mod is out of line by quoting the mods own post. If you can't post and inform the uninformed, then why even be here? I will leave it at that.

Falconis
05-16-2011, 6:16 PM
I've chatted with sage and told him my feelings. He said he didnt feel his comments were anti LE but just a personal feeling on FA. I told him I took them as anti LE due to a number of reasons.

His thoughts were that the need for FA is so narrow or practically non existent that he didn't feel we should be allowed to have them. I offered up my counter arguments and I think we agreed we have differences in opinion.

I for one will believe that he as a whole is not anti law enforcement. I do believe his views are misguided among other things.

But despite all that, my feelings as far as staying here is that I think, or would like to think, that the board on CGF is positively advancing 2A rights as a whole. I may disagree with some of the finer points, but we can't agree on everything. Unfortunately one of the downsides to advancing a right is that those who would use them against the innocent people get the benefit of that right to until they commit the crime. Unfortunately people offering up their advice no matter how ignorant or malicious they may be isn't a crime.

Even I admit, my feelings here wax and wane from day to day, but until I see a mod here or a board member make me feel that this organization is nothing but a bunch of anarchists I more than likely will stay for the time being.

As far as Sage goes, I feel his opinions are his own. I feel they are wrong to misguided. He probably feels the same about mine. As far as being Anti LE, I take them that way but I honestly believe he doesnt see his FA view as Anti LE for whatever reasons. I don't know what other posts he's made though on what other topics.

As to why he decided to post a response in a closed thread ... I don't know. I don't agree with that at all and is somewhat contradictory to what his statement was. Then again maybe he just wanted to hash it out in PM's and leave the fighting off the board as a whole.

lavgrunt
05-16-2011, 6:33 PM
"........Man up and confront me or STFU, son. "

Pretty tough talk coming from behind a keyboard.........This alone was very inappropriate......

M. Sage
05-16-2011, 7:25 PM

You did change the context because you think I was commenting on whether or not there were FA employed. I did no such thing, I was making a general observation.

You were disrespectful in your response. You came running here where you knew you would have a friendly audience to cry about what I said, and where you probably knew I don't spend much time.

As for Trickster, he's got a long and well-known record of having a thin skin and going out of his way to be offended by the smallest comment so that he can cry "LEO bashing".

The other thing that has me offended? I've worked my *** off on CGN to provide LEOs with a place where they won't have to experience bashing (not criticism, but real actual bashing) and hopefully they could feel welcome. But apparently some people have too much time on their hands and have to find something to be offended by. And unfortunately, some people also lack integrity and honesty, two things that usually are traits sought out in LEOs, but there are apparently exceptions to every rule.

Congratulations on being that exception, boys.

M. Sage
05-16-2011, 7:26 PM
"........Man up and confront me or STFU, son. "

Pretty tough talk coming from behind a keyboard.........This alone was very inappropriate......

I'll say it to anybody's face, too. Uniform or no.

M. Sage
05-16-2011, 7:30 PM

Your quote shows that the first half of your post is incorrect. "Since you brought it up..." What part of that makes you think that I dragged FA into it!? Actually, the question should be, "what part of that quote makes you think that we should think that I dragged FA into it?!"

If you've got a problem with me, fine. Let's air it. Because I'm pissed and I want to get this done. Right now.

TRICKSTER
05-16-2011, 7:43 PM
As for Trickster, he's got a long and well-known record of having a thin skin and going out of his way to be offended by the smallest comment so that he can cry "LEO bashing".

Well, I was done with this thread until someone started flat out LYING about me. That's right, I said it. A well-known record? Really? Other than the thread where you stated that LEO's should disobey orders to work DUI checkpoints because YOU believe them to be unconstitutional, and maybe one or two other threads, but maybe not even that many, where have I cried about "LEO bashing". You speak of honesty and integrity? Where is yours?

lavgrunt
05-16-2011, 7:49 PM
I'll say it to anybody's face, too. Uniform or no.

HAHAHA !!!! Seriously ???!!! Are 'Mods' supposed to 'call people out' ??? Your losing 'cred' faster and faster...............

And BTW,......There would be no uniform, I'm more than happy to handle this 'man to man'.......SON.........

TRICKSTER
05-16-2011, 7:59 PM
Very interesting turn of events here. Basically the mods are the enforcers or "police" if you will of Calguns and we are the "citizens". Can you imagine what would be said of a LEO if he reacted this way when offended by a "citizen"? Suddenly the shoe is on the other foot. It's interesting how the authorities here react. I am sure it will end in a big cover up.
Time to break out the popcorn.

Spyder
05-16-2011, 8:00 PM
Ahhhhhh, chest thumping. Always entertaining.

M. Sage
05-16-2011, 8:02 PM
Well, I was done with this thread until someone started flat out LYING about me. That's right, I said it. A well-known record? Really? Other than the thread where you stated that LEO's should disobey orders to work DUI checkpoints because YOU believe them to be unconstitutional, and maybe one or two other threads, but maybe not even that many, where have I cried about "LEO bashing". You speak of honesty and integrity? Where is yours?

You think I don't see reported posts? How many have you reported with "this is LEO bashing!" when it wasn't? Hmmmm?

There's that integrity of yours again.

HAHAHA !!!! Seriously ???!!! Are 'Mods' supposed to 'call people out' ??? Your losing 'cred' faster and faster...............

And BTW,......There would be no uniform, I'm more than happy to handle this 'man to man'.......SON.........

Yes, seriously. I congratulate you on having the right attitude on how to handle things. If only more people would share it.

As for your reaction.. hey, you did ask.

What's good? SVT hasn't taken up my invitation to PM. I did not extend the invite to Trickster because he doesn't matter to me, with his record of misreporting.

TRICKSTER
05-16-2011, 8:08 PM
You think I don't see reported posts? How many have you reported with "this is LEO bashing!" when it wasn't? Hmmmm?

There's that integrity of yours again.

Yes, seriously. I congratulate you on having the right attitude on how to handle things. If only more people would share it.

As for your reaction.. hey, you did ask.

What's good? SVT hasn't taken up my invitation to PM. I did not extend the invite to Trickster because he doesn't matter to me, with his record of misreporting.

I am hoping that you are confusing me with someone else and not flat out Lying. Please tell us all how many time I have reported a post. I may be mistaken, but I believe that the only time I ever reported a post was when someone was selling a questionable item.

M. Sage
05-16-2011, 8:23 PM
I am hoping that you are confusing me with someone else and not flat out Lying. Please tell us all how many time I have reported a post. I may be mistaken, but I believe that the only time I ever reported a post was when someone was selling a questionable item.

I don't hang onto emails, but I remember reading them.

Anyway, good luck with that whole "integrity" thing. Thankfully you're at/near retirement IIRC, so it shouldn't be a big issue anymore. But I'm out. Your attempts at attacking my character have annoyed me enough, time to go find something constructive to do with my time.

I'm done letting you try sucking me into your pathetic little life. G'nite.

TRICKSTER
05-16-2011, 8:31 PM
I don't hang onto emails, but I remember reading them.

Anyway, good luck with that whole "integrity" thing. Thankfully you're at/near retirement IIRC, so it shouldn't be a big issue anymore. But I'm out. Your attempts at attacking my character have annoyed me enough, time to go find something constructive to do with my time.

I'm done letting you try sucking me into your pathetic little life. G'nite.

I love it. You are doing exactly what some of the Calgun posters accuse the police of doing. You have no evidence of me yelling "police bashing" or reporting post, because it didn't happen. The question is, are you making an honest mistake, or are you lying? At this point, I hope you are making an honest mistake and I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I hope you will extend that same courtesy to the LEOs that people complain about in the future.

M. Sage
05-16-2011, 10:41 PM
I love it. You are doing exactly what some of the Calgun posters accuse the police of doing. You have no evidence of me yelling "police bashing" or reporting post, because it didn't happen. The question is, are you making an honest mistake, or are you lying? At this point, I hope you are making an honest mistake and I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I hope you will extend that same courtesy to the LEOs that people complain about in the future.

I do it all the time. You don't know me, you don't know that I've known cops all my life, and that my own mother was one for years.

What I can link to is the posts you made trying to pick a fight with me in the DUI checkpoint thread, trying to put words in my mouth. Shall I link those for you?

TRICKSTER
05-16-2011, 10:51 PM
I do it all the time. You don't know me, you don't know that I've known cops all my life, and that my own mother was one for years.

What I can link to is the posts you made trying to pick a fight with me in the DUI checkpoint thread, trying to put words in my mouth. Shall I link those for you?

LOL, so it goes from a well known record to a link to some posts in one thread. Cred-o-meter keeps dropping.
If you feel you must link it go ahead. I have already mentioned those post and how I felt about your behavior there. In fact I have provided a link on another thread. If that's is the only thing that you can point to and it makes you feel better, go for it.
I still think you are confusing me with someone else about the reporting threads stuff, as I can't recall ever reporting anyone for LEO bashing and I would hate to think that a Mod would intentionally lie about something like this.

Edit: By the way, here is the thread you are alluding to http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=430264 and I stand by every word I posted. I think some will find it interesting reading.

Falconis
05-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Ehhh i reported a few just cause I was in a bad mood one day and just didn't want to see the unnecessary stuff.

TRICKSTER
05-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Ehhh i reported a few just cause I was in a bad mood one day and just didn't want to see the unnecessary stuff.
I don't think that even dyslexia would account for confusion between our two screen names.:) All I know is it wasn't me.

Falconis
05-16-2011, 11:42 PM
How about copious amounts of alcohol? :D

TRICKSTER
05-17-2011, 12:55 AM
How about copious amounts of alcohol? :D
No comment. :43:

retired
05-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Per the OP, I am closing this thread.