PDA

View Full Version : Really considering the justification for LEO's to participate here

SVT-40
05-11-2011, 9:18 PM
Anyone read the thread in the off topic discussion lounge regarding the Shooting in Az. during a search warrant service?

Here is the thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=431702

Seriously, with all the absolute biased anti LEO statements made without any proof I really have to ask the question. .

..Why do LEO's continue to participate here when these ideals are allowed to flourish.

Even a moderator joined in and stated LEO's should not have full auto weapons. Even though there is no evidence any FA weapons were employed.

Here is his quote:

"Police can (and do) have FA and other "restricted" things in un-free states. SFPD's tactical team has (had?) HK-53 rifles (think MP-5 in .223). LAPD SWAT I know has full-auto capable M4s. Other departments do, too.

Since you mentioned it, LE does not need and should not have full-auto weapons. They are so unlikely to ever find themselves in a situation that it's fair to say that they never will."

I enjoy the comradeship between gun owners. I especially enjoy networking with other "gun guys" who collect and build.

So please convince me why any LEO should be a member here?

Is this site to promote gun ownership and knowledge. If so why are these posters who make outrages statements not banned?

the same outrages statements were made a year or so ago when a West Point grad was shot outside a Costco in Nevada. We all know how that turned out. The LEO's were absolutely justified in their actions. Will the same outcome occur here?

Time will tell. However I will not make any assumptions until ALL the facts come out.

This is a LEO only question so non LEO's please do not comment.

SVT-40
05-11-2011, 9:41 PM
Drink some herbal tea and do some yoga. You'll live longer.

On any forum you're going to have all sorts of views thrown into the mix. It's never a one-sided discussion. If you don't learn to let it go, you might as well unplug your internet connection.

(Not LE btw)

I survived 29 years on the street, and intend to get a few million out of PERS during my long retirement. But thanks for your concern.

Besides you missed my point. Which is why stay here and read the anti LEO rants when I and other LEO's can just "unplug" from here.

I don't get riled by the haters anywhere. I just make decisions which will in the long run be in my best interest.

The question for all LEO's is:

Will staying here and tolerating the abuse be in the best interest of any LEO?

not able to restrain yourself were you;)

jaysen
05-11-2011, 9:41 PM
This a LEO only question so non LEO's please do not comment.

Guess he missed the last part of your comment :)

As much as it IRKs me time and time again to read/hear the one-sided stories in the media how LE messed up, beat up, killed the wrong person - despite the "**** THE POLICE" tattooed on his/her forehead, and everything else in between, I just bring myself back to reality and think PEOPLE will NEVER understand the job we do until they walk a beat...

On that same note, its no secret some agencies/LEO's have been known to make mistakes, but rest assured if an LEO does he/she is punished tenfold then your average joe-blow.

I had a long response to your question but I thought to myself there's no point... I've developed thick skin and you just learn to roll with the punches.

RangemasterP226
05-11-2011, 9:49 PM
Some posters on calguns are ignorant of police work and what it takes to get the job accomplished.

Being a forum of shooters, I would hope no one would wonder why the officer didn't "shoot'em in the leg" instead of two to the chest. But I saw many equally ignorant comments in the AZ thread including one suggesting the SWAT team should back itself out of the house when the suspect presented a rifle. CRAZY. Police have no obligation to back down and shouldn't unless absolutely necessary.

Bottom line is many people (not all) don't understand the nature of police work and will never "get it" until they work in our shoes.

I've arrested military members and even other cops, no group is immune to having bad apples. Just because someone was a Marine, he doesn't get a free crime pass the rest of his life.....

SVT-40
05-11-2011, 9:49 PM
Well for one, the LEO's have their own special forum where they can share information.

Why not make the forum a closed forum to LEO's only and if a person wants to have access to the forum they have to provide some proof that they are a LEO. once this has been done then all the LEO's can have their own private area where the regular people cannot have access, so the LEO's can share tactical information, learn from each other, talk about what works and what doesn't work.

And the thread was closed to prevent any more comments? what more would you like?

Having a closed LEO forum would not stop posters from making posts such as the one I referred to.

As to what more would I like......Civility. A term lost on many here.

Thats all. No special favors. Is that to much to ask?

The same treatment most demand from LEO's

Since when is it proper to assume wrong doing without any evidence?

Don't LEO's have the same rights as anyone else?

Or are LEO's "special" and not entitled to the same right every citizen is entitled to?

rudeboy3
05-11-2011, 9:56 PM
I actually agree with you OP, this forum and the people on it have really gotten on my nerves lately. They preach one idea and then flip flop on a daily basis. That particular article shows just how far off mentally some people are. Lets see, a man who happens to be a former Marine, is being investigated on some serious drug charges(dont get me started on the people here who are pro legalizing every drug on the planet [please refer to the thread where the guy wants to date a coke whore]) enough to be served a high risk warrant, and then points an AR at the SWAT team. What would you do? Every time one of these threads pops up, it is automatically a bad shoot on the officers part. Seriously most of you losers really need to get off the interwebz and go out and see the world. Stop believing everything you read by media and everything else out there and see how dangerous this country has become. You CGNers preach how you want the border shut down, yet the police are bad. You preach how you want self defense and CCWs, but at the same time a police officer serving a high risk warrant on a total piece of **** of a guy cant protect himself?
Just last week I read a thread on here about a murder suspect in the woods, and ALL the people who consistently bash LEO's for excessive force and "rights violations" because they want to see your ID, came out and called for a vigilante force to go hunt him down(yugo comes to mind as one of them, you know the guy who joined last month and has like 3,000 posts, he must do tons during the day:rolleyes:). These same people will go on here and always have to get their word in on anti LE threads. Most of you are a bunch of jokes who really need to get your own philosophy down before you make yourself look like a fool in front of the world.

roadkill
05-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Personally, I'd just like to see when someone posts a question here asking LEO advice, that only verified LEO could answer, without every tom dick and harry throwing in their oft ill-conceived advice.

five.five-six
05-11-2011, 10:25 PM
I survived 29 years on the street, and intend to get a few million out of PERS during my long retirement.

:rofl2:

rudeboy3
05-11-2011, 10:27 PM
:rofl2:

I had a pretty hefty chuckle at that one myself:p

Will Goes Boing
05-11-2011, 10:35 PM
I actually agree with you OP, this forum and the people on it have really gotten on my nerves lately. They preach one idea and then flip flop on a daily basis. That particular article shows just how far off mentally some people are. Lets see, a man who happens to be a former Marine, is being investigated on some serious drug charges(dont get me started on the people here who are pro legalizing every drug on the planet [please refer to the thread where the guy wants to date a coke whore]) enough to be served a high risk warrant, and then points an AR at the SWAT team. What would you do? Every time one of these threads pops up, it is automatically a bad shoot on the officers part. Seriously most of you losers really need to get off the interwebz and go out and see the world. Stop believing everything you read by media and everything else out there and see how dangerous this country has become. You CGNers preach how you want the border shut down, yet the police are bad. You preach how you want self defense and CCWs, but at the same time a police officer serving a high risk warrant on a total piece of **** of a guy cant protect himself?
Just last week I read a thread on here about a murder suspect in the woods, and ALL the people who consistently bash LEO's for excessive force and "rights violations" because they want to see your ID, came out and called for a vigilante force to go hunt him down(yugo comes to mind as one of them, you know the guy who joined last month and has like 3,000 posts, he must do tons during the day:rolleyes:). These same people will go on here and always have to get their word in on anti LE threads. Most of you are a bunch of jokes who really need to get your own philosophy down before you make yourself look like a fool in front of the world.

Well said.

SVT-40
05-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I had a pretty hefty chuckle at that one myself:p

I thought some would get a kick out of that!! :43:

My father is 92 Y/O and still in good health. I hope to at least make his age. So that would be 42 years of retirement pay... Around 3.8 million not considering the COLA's. and health care.

On second thought maybe reading the whiners posts isn't so bad after all. Considering I get paid to read them. :cheers2:

Jeepers
05-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I survived 29 years on the street, and intend to get a few million out of PERS during my long retirement.

Besides you missed my point. Which is why stay here and read the anti LEO rants when I and other LEO's can just "unplug" from here.

I don't get riled by the haters anywhere. I just make decisions which will in the long run be in my best interest.

The question for all LEO's is:

Will staying here and tolerating the abuse be in the best interest of any LEO?

not able to restrain yourself were you;)nice ... :rolleyes:

Samuelx
05-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Well SVT, as you can see, some people just can't follow even the simplest of directions... :rolleyes:

And don't even get me started on all the arm chair quarterbacks/keyboard commandos around here... :rolleyes:

lavgrunt
05-11-2011, 11:07 PM
.......Ain't never gonna change, SVT........

I just don't care anymore.............Haters are gonna hate..........what sux is that some of these guys make ALL gun owners look bad...........They honestly aren't bright enuff to realize that DOJ, ATF, VPC, LCAV and others can get on 'CalGuns' just as easily as anyone else, and more than likely are...............Way to give the other side a great impression of us.............

Notorious
05-11-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't even bother venturing out of the LEO areas because it doesn't do much good other than get some ignorant advice or read aggravating statements.

If I want good advice, I wouldn't seek it online for the most part unless I knew the person or have reason to trust their word.

I come here to the LE forum to chat with like-minded people. Staying here lets me avoid most of the static in the general areas.

Besides, I get a company car that I get to drive really fast, they give me the gas to drive it, and I get to carry a gun, on or off-duty. In SoCal, that is worth millions right there.

Falconis
05-11-2011, 11:54 PM
you're not the only one SVT. Kind of been wondering if there really is a point to hanging out here. Granted, there are a lot of good people here, but the way the anti-LEO sentiments go on and on, I sometimes wonder if the mods here encourage it. Granted, some get banned from particular forums, but the abuse usually has to equate to an outright racist remark before an outright ban will happen.

The hypocrisy gets me too. Everyone here yells they want FA's to CCW's but they don't want cops to have them either because they cant have them or just cause they hate cops.

As far as Rhythm's statement goes, hey police work isn't lab work. Sometimes things happen. Even in the aftermath things happen. Things happen in real time. If you don't understand that Rhythm, go change your name. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the spokesperson didnt have all the information on hand at the time of the press release or statement then had to backtrack when he was given the correct information? Happens all the time. Look at the Bin Laden Raid.

BUT in this case, nothing needs to change. Warrant was legally executed and the person being served had an AR in his hand. You can't honestly tell me you believe that news article is the whole story or that alone isn't enough? Then again, do you know every detail of what happened there? I sure don't.

Back on subject, I joined back in 08 and lost track of things for a while due to life. Came back after the ammo ban was rejected by the courts and a friend here telling me CGN did a lot of the work. After being here a while, I often wonder if my money and time would be better spent elsewhere. It's not just cause of the cop haters. Here in California, you can't come to stop sign without seeing atleast 5 to 6 of them.

Hell even the co workers I tried to get to join don't want to come anywhere near this site. I am talking about the ones that are pro 2A. They do believe in the 2A like some of us here. They just don't want to be associated with all the anti's and in some cases the idiocy of the posts that are made. (The mod's post was disheartening only because he is a moderator. But it's his opinion) Some that are on the fence, well let's just say they don't want to be responsible in any way for further arming some of the people here. I really had no reasonable counter to that statement.

Back to Rhythm, I have no idea what you do for a living or what you have experienced in life. But to think that something needs to change because a person died even though all procedures were followed is extremely naive if not just outright stupid. It was said before and I'll say it again (before thread gets locked), man had a firearm in his hands while a warrant was being served. Who cares if shots were fired or not.

I will agree it does get annoying in here when every Tom, Dick, and Harry gives their opinion when asked NOT to. I love the idea of a LEO only forum, but to be honest, I don't want to give up any ID here to get in. I think it would be nice to share some videos, stories, and other stuff without every asinine opinion making it's way to the thread. Some are fun, some are educational, others are just supportive. I think the last time someone tried to share a supportive video, we had atleast 3 jackasses chime in with their opinions unnecessarily. So unless someone has a good idea, this is where we are at.

The only reason I am staying here is because I think CGF may help with California gun laws going back in the right direction again. But that goes on a day to day basis for me.

IrishJoe3
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Just because someone was a Marine, he doesn't get a free crime pass the rest of his life.....

Which brings up an interesting observation I've had...I find it mildly amusing and rather disappointing how a large majority of Calgunners always give military members a huge benefit of the doubt, even to the point of adopting the mentality that military and former military can do no wrong. While these same calgunners nearly always condemn the LEO regardless of the situation. I find this especially amusing since LE probably has the highest concentration of military veterans in any profession out there.

JeffM
05-12-2011, 12:04 AM
On second thought maybe reading the whiners posts isn't so bad after all. Considering I get paid to read them. :cheers2:

My thoughts exactly when I read your comment.

From some of the back and forth I see on the forums you'd think LE were conscripted and given only bread and water :rolleyes:

Lot of whiners on both sides.

fullrearview
05-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Been wondering the same thing for awhile now myself...

The whole PC v. reasonable suspicion here blows my mind.

retired
05-12-2011, 12:09 AM
The OP specifically requested comments on his post from LEOS only and true to form, some non leos felt compelled to reply. With the exception of five.five-six, who was merely expressing his laughing on the money comment by the OP, none of the other posts were appropriate.

Since the OP is seeking only leos responses to his specifically oriented question;

Why do LEO's continue to participate here when these ideals are allowed to flourish.

there is absolutely no acceptable reason for anyone not an active or retired leo to respond. Such posts will be deleted as some already were. Anyone not a leo who has his post deleted and continues to post in this thread may find his posting privileges in this forum restricted for a time. Pretty simple to understand and follow I hope.

lavgrunt
05-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Been wondering the same thing for awhile now myself...

The whole PC v. reasonable suspicion here blows my mind.

.......Keyboard attorneys are just as bad keyboard commandos........'nuff said......

fullrearview
05-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Which brings up an interesting observation I've had...I find it mildly amusing and rather disappointing how a large majority of Calgunners always give military members a huge benefit of the doubt, even to the point of adopting the mentality that military and former military can do no wrong. While these same calgunners nearly always condemn the LEO regardless of the situation. I find this especially amusing since LE probably has the highest concentration of military veterans in any profession out there.

Pretty much. I hooked a Vietnam vet for a whole list of 12000's a few months back... Told me he knew the laws, yet still broke them. Later found out he had been hooked for the same thing many years before. This guy got a NV CCW not long after his 1st arrest.....:rolleyes:

retired
05-12-2011, 12:18 AM
I would request leos, both active and retired to please not reply to any posts in this thread from non leos. Theirs will be deleted as will yours. Your quoting and replying to them just keeps it on the board. Thanks.

IrishJoe3
05-12-2011, 12:19 AM
I would request leos, both active and retired to please not reply to any posts in this thread from non leos. Theirs will be deleted as will yours. Your quoting and replying to them just keeps it on the board. Thanks.

X4...you're on the ball tonight, retired! That post couldn't have seen the light of day for more than a minute or so.. :cool:

lavgrunt
05-12-2011, 12:21 AM

Copy that.......U are 10-2..........

lavgrunt
05-12-2011, 12:22 AM
X4...you're on the ball tonight, retired! That post couldn't have seen the light of day for more than a minute or so.. :cool:

Had to be some kind of record !!!!.........'Kestryll' would be proud !!!..........LOL !!!

yzernie
05-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Some folks will never change their opinion even if proven otherwise. Because of that, I avoid those kinds of threads.

retired
05-12-2011, 1:17 AM
I am here long enough to type this:

I requested that active and retired leos to please not respond to comments from non leos as their posts would be taken care of.

Instead, some of you decided you couldn't abide by that and had to chip by responding to a member who decided to ignore my earlier post about responding if not a leo. His comment will be addressed.

It would have been nice if the posts would have remained on topic as requested, but as a result of your posts, this thread is closed.

M. Sage
05-15-2011, 8:59 PM
Anyone read the thread in the off topic discussion lounge regarding the Shooting in Az. during a search warrant service?

Here is the thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=431702

Seriously, with all the absolute biased anti LEO statements made without any proof I really have to ask the question. .

..Why do LEO's continue to participate here when these ideals are allowed to flourish.

Even a moderator joined in and stated LEO's should not have full auto weapons. Even though there is no evidence any FA weapons were employed.

Here is his quote:

I enjoy the comradeship between gun owners. I especially enjoy networking with other "gun guys" who collect and build.

So please convince me why any LEO should be a member here?

Is this site to promote gun ownership and knowledge. If so why are these posters who make outrages statements not banned?

the same outrages statements were made a year or so ago when a West Point grad was shot outside a Costco in Nevada. We all know how that turned out. The LEO's were absolutely justified in their actions. Will the same outcome occur here?

Time will tell. However I will not make any assumptions until ALL the facts come out.

This is a LEO only question so non LEO's please do not comment.

Another party I wasn't invited to?

I'm not an LEO, but since the thread is about me, tough cookies.

For the record, go look at that thread. The post you quoted is not used in the context you put it in.

So thank you very much for taking my words out of context (and you actually had to put effort into changing the context!!!) to attack me. Why did you purposely ignore the part where I said "but since you mentioned it"? I was not speculating on whether or not that shooting involved full auto weapons, in fact I believe it only involved semi-auto shooting.

What disturbs me on Calguns is the moderator bashing. A mod can't have an opinion without people purposely putting his statements out of context to attack him. I'm not sure what you're doing here, either.

M. Sage
05-15-2011, 9:23 PM
Dang. I just realized the thread was closed. Rather than reopen it, respond to my by PM.

If you don't, I couldn't care less, but if you've got something to say to or about me, don't go running to a group you know will be sympathetic just for the sake of bad-mouthing me when I hardly ever come to this area, which is easy to tell by my lack posts except the "no cop bashing" sticky at the top.

Man up and confront me or STFU, son.