PDA

View Full Version : Prince50 + Epoxy?

Aluisious
12-01-2006, 8:06 AM
Does anyone with a Prince50 installed see how epoxy could be used to really, really fix that magazine in there?

And would that epoxy be removable later through application of a blowtorch, etc? Magazine destruction is not a big issue.

Alternitively is there another way to epoxy a magazine in place via the magazine release parts?

Just another idea how to assauge my paranoia of the DOJ regulations...

SemiAutoSam
12-01-2006, 8:16 AM
Loctite for both my kit and the Prince50 kit but the epoxy applied to the Allen wrench recess in my Kit will make it more permanent.

If you take the word of the company that makes loctite on the bottle it states permanent.

and there is a process that I have used to undo the permanent fix.

proraptor
12-01-2006, 8:39 AM
I was also wondering out this....Why not tighten the prince 50 then fill the hole with epoxy? That would make legal with the new proposed regs.

SemiAutoSam
12-01-2006, 8:44 AM
Well Not really I don't have the new regs oh hand but the only place I remembered that the new regs talked about epoxy is between the mag and mag well and then it also wanted a rivet or there abouts mag well to mag.

I always thought converting the mag catch stud into a rivet might work using my MAG-LOCK'S insert for the rivet to seat on.

I was also wondering out this....Why not tighten the prince 50 then fill the hole with epoxy? That would make legal with the new proposed regs.

Aluisious
12-01-2006, 10:50 AM
I want to figure out something DOJ proof soon so I can build my OLL with evil features...that doesn't mangle my receiver in the process.

SemiAutoSam
12-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Been there done that comes to mind I figured out my lock and that was DOJ proof and they just change the law or I guess they aren't changing the law just attempting to. So whats next is anyone's guess. But with the new information about welded up Listed AR15 receivers I would think the DOJ house of cards is about to crumble anyhow.

I want to figure out something DOJ proof soon so I can build my OLL with evil features...that doesn't mangle my receiver in the process.

Aluisious
12-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Y'know I think epoxy right over the end of the Prince50 screw would do it. I mean what the hell, if a magazine isn't fixed when it's stuck in there with a screw that is epoxied into place, it's not really ever going to be fixed.

I figure if I moved to another state or HAHAHA the Kaliban changed its mind on the removable mags I could destroy the kit to get it out without killing the receiver, might even be able to retrieve the mag.

Ryan HBC
12-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Right now, the Prince 50 kit is sufficient. I wouldn't do any further alterations as of yet.

If you are legally required to do so, you'll know about it.

grywlfbg
12-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah. Try not to panic. There are a lot of problems w/ the current proposed regs. Nothing will happen before the first of the year and they may do another list which makes all this moot. Just sit tight with your existing mag lock setup and let's see what happens.

Chris

Aluisious
12-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Right now, the Prince 50 kit is sufficient. I wouldn't do any further alterations as of yet.

I think I'll assemble mine with the Prince50 or similar kit and put a drop of epoxy over the end of the screw.

Doing so ensures that even if my rifle was seized by police, they're not going to loosen a screw on me and claim my rifle was an illegal AW. It'd take a drill at least to get that mag out.

Blacktail 8541
12-01-2006, 11:14 AM

This gentelman has it correct. Their is nothing more you are required to do at this time to stay leagle.
If you must; just put a dab of silicone into the allen hole. This will make it unasessable to a tool, but with a little work you can get it out and reuse the parts.

Aluisious
12-01-2006, 11:19 AM
That's a good idea too. I want to stick something in there to keep that screw safe and sound.

Aluisious
12-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Anyone got a link to one of those Prince50+Mag+Extended Takedown kits? I saw one floating around here last week.

Scarecrow Repair
12-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I think I'll assemble mine with the Prince50 or similar kit and put a drop of epoxy over the end of the screw.

Doing so ensures that even if my rifle was seized by police, they're not going to loosen a screw on me and claim my rifle was an illegal AW. It'd take a drill at least to get that mag out.
If you're going to be paranoid, no sense in just going halfway. If they are going to go to the trouble of finding that dinky hex wrench just to frame you, they might just as well drill out your epoxy.

rips31
12-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Anyone got a link to one of those Prince50+Mag+Extended Takedown kits? I saw one floating around here last week.
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/

it's listed on the front page. wes has at least 2 diff specials on this, depending on which mag you prefer.

xenophobe
12-01-2006, 1:24 PM
Epoxying a Prince50 or SAS mag lock is not covered under the new regulations and you would need to find a new way to lock your mag. There have already been discussions on this. Use the search feature...

Aluisious
12-01-2006, 2:12 PM
If you're going to be paranoid, no sense in just going halfway. If they are going to go to the trouble of finding that dinky hex wrench just to frame you, they might just as well drill out your epoxy.
That would leave some sort of evidence. I doubt they could pull that off without either leftover epoxy or toolmarks.

Oh well, let's just cross our fingers and hope I don't end up in jail :mad:

Just ordered the Prince50 kit from tenpercent w/ mag and takedown pin.

Aluisious
12-01-2006, 2:14 PM
Epoxying a Prince50 or SAS mag lock is not covered under the new regulations and you would need to find a new way to lock your mag. There have already been discussions on this. Use the search feature...
Well xeno, I don't know what to say, the whole situation is confusing and I'm going to have to rely on the "spirit of the law" on this one, at least for now.

Worst comes to worst at least I have the Bushie mag and an extended takedown pin.

I think you were the one who sold me this OLL while smiling and saying "screw in mag lock, oh yeah, that'll do the trick" ;)

Were you the guy who gave me spare Kimber mags while I picked up a Kimber and bought that OLL?

Kawa-Banga
12-04-2006, 2:01 AM
Does any body knows how vulcan fixed their mags? The method they used already approved by the DOJ and may be we can use the same tecnique.

Timberland
12-04-2006, 2:36 AM
Does any body knows how vulcan fixed their mags? The method they used already approved by the DOJ and may be we can use the same tecnique.

good call, wasnt there a pin or rivit some where on that thing?

NoTime2Shoot
12-04-2006, 5:35 AM
IIRC it was a single rivet, along with a polymer that vucanizes at room temperature on the mag and a small amount of glycidyl ethers of alcohols or phenolics around the lip of the magwell.

Some poly vinyl acetate on the mag and some glycidyl ethers of alcohols or phenolics around the lip of the magwell should be sufficient. Then you would need one hole for a pop rivet.

Blacktail 8541
12-04-2006, 8:39 AM
There was a blind pin put in thru the front of the reciever and into the mag. The mag was also glued in.