PDA

View Full Version : AK magazine bodies?

g2jap
11-30-2006, 2:10 PM
Does anyone know where someone can get ak magazine bodies? just the bodies not the followers and spring i just want the ak magazine body.

rorschach
11-30-2006, 2:15 PM
PM Noonanda. He had some for sale a while back. Also check out akfiles.com, some guys sell mag parts and are willing to ship to Calif.

JPglee1
11-30-2006, 2:26 PM
Does anyone know where someone can get ak magazine bodies? just the bodies not the followers and spring i just want the ak magazine body.

I offer stripped mag bodies for sale.

Stripped bodies are $20.00

30rd springs are $9.00

All the rest of the parts are $10.00 (won't seperate)

Yep, this is expensive. These are parts for replacement/repair of existing magazines, not a DIY felony kit.

I won't sell all the parts to one person, no matter how long you wait between orders.

I offer these for what they are: Magazine rebuild parts, and nothing else.

To order from me I need a COLOR copy of you cali ID or drivers license, a signed statement (I email it) indicating you intend to use these as repair parts only and that JP will contact LEO himself if he thinks you are up to no good.

I also have FAL and AR-15 mag parts available as well.
Chris and myself can get basically any magazine replacement part for any magazine, you just have to leave a deposit so we don't get stuck with it.

I wont be held liable for boneheads building hi-caps mags, which is why you can't buy all the parts from me, and why I make you sign a statement saying you aren't gonna build hi-caps and that the mags are for your use to rebuild an existing mag you already owned.

So if you need something, lemme know. We can get it, might cost yah a little but it will fix your shooter, or get you a legal 10rd version so you CAN shoot it :D

J

EBWhite
11-30-2006, 2:47 PM
I won't sell all the parts to one person, no matter how long you wait between orders.

To order from me I need a COLOR copy of you cali ID or drivers license, a signed statement (I email it) indicating you intend to use these as repair parts only and that JP will contact LEO himself if he thinks you are up to no good.

I wont be held liable for boneheads building hi-caps mags, which is why you can't buy all the parts from me, and why I make you sign a statement saying you aren't gonna build hi-caps and that the mags are for your use to rebuild an existing mag you already owned.

A little overboard don't you think? :rolleyes: I understand your worries about the boneheads but all you need to do is ship the parts in 2 seperate shipments. What the person does with the parts is their arse and business, not yours. As long as you sell stripped parts you are in no way going to get in trouble. Almost asking for a full rectal exam won't sell any of your parts. Threatening people with contacting a LEO will drive people far away. The law does not require a copy of a DL- something private that i would not want floating around. Again, it is up to you but IMO you are a little over the top on this one.

No hard feelings though...
EB

JPglee1
11-30-2006, 2:58 PM
A little overboard don't you think? :rolleyes: I understand your worries about the boneheads but all you need to do is ship the parts in 2 seperate shipments. What the person does with the parts is their arse and business, not yours. As long as you sell stripped parts you are in no way going to get in trouble. Almost asking for a full rectal exam won't sell any of your parts. Threatening people with contacting a LEO will drive people far away. The law does not require a copy of a DL- something private that i would not want floating around. Again, it is up to you but IMO you are a little over the top on this one.

No hard feelings though...
EB

OK, thats cool. They don't have to buy them from me.

If they want quality parts, to repair their legal mags they should have no problem dealing with sending me a copy of their ID.

I don't need to be charged as an accessorie to a felony cuz some maggot turned repair parts into a new magazine and killed some school kids with it, ya dig?

Legit people will have no problems with this. People who are gonna knowingly break the law and build Hicaps they didn't own are gonna have a problem with it, which is what I want. Im not interested in aiding a criminal in a criminal enterprise.

When YOU start selling a grey-item like a capacity limited magazine, or full capacity replacement parts, you can tell me about how "kick back" you're doing it.

But see, I'm selling the parts, its my arse on the line and thats all that matters. I do stuff legally or not at all. If someone can't/won't supply a DL copy then I have no need to do business with them. We offer plenty of products that don't require an ID, but on these...I do unforunatley.

I wasn't threatening to call the cops, I was saying that if you call me and start talking to me about assembling illegal hicaps, and make it obvious that you want to commit a felony, and expect me to help, I won't hesitate to co-operate with LEO as I'm not a part of such activities and I'm gonna have you sign a form that says you know that.

Basically the form says that you know you can't assemble hicaps, JP has explained the law to you, and that you are aware that we will work with LEO if we need to because you made a hicap mag illegaly after being warned not to.

So anyway, if you need a drum for your American 180, or a magazine for your Chau Chau or a replacement body for your C-mag, Or a 32rd sten magazine body, it can all be had, you just have to abide by my simple requests.

Send me a PM with what you require.

JP

DRH
11-30-2006, 5:15 PM
JP,
I would think that the Yugo AK followers that hold the bolt open on the last shot would be a popular mag part to sell.

rssslvr
11-30-2006, 5:22 PM
JP,
I would think that the Yugo AK followers that hold the bolt open on the last shot would be a popular mag part to sell.
We do have some limited to 10 round AK mags that are yugo bolt hold open.
Edit:I think there is only 1 or 2 left of these

xenophobe
11-30-2006, 5:34 PM
Actually the yugo bolt hold open is a PITA. I never use my Yugo mags because of it. As soon as you pull the mag the bolt carrier slams forward. It also makes taking the mag out a little more difficult.

JP, I see nothing wrong with your terms at all and commend them.

rssslvr
11-30-2006, 5:38 PM
JP, I see nothing wrong with your terms at all and commend them.
Thanks xeno.It's just so we can in no way be held accountable for what the other party does.

JPglee1
11-30-2006, 5:52 PM
JP,

Yah, except its not a true bolt hold open, so when you load the 1st new round in and depress the follower, she slams home.

IT would be cool used with a notched safety lever, then on the last shot you put the safety "UP" and then you can load as required, and drop the safety...

I've got future projects up the wa-zoo...one of them includes a true last round bolt hold open like an AR-15, for an AK47....

You'd probably have to remove the center support and replace it with a new piece, and make some minor mods to the mags.... but the idea is there.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words Xeno... I appreciate it! Chris and myself do this **** 100% legally, or not at all... People that are legal won't have a reason to complain about our procedures, just those planning on breaking the law.

JP

EBWhite
12-01-2006, 1:39 AM
People that are legal won't have a reason to complain about our procedures, just those planning on breaking the law.

JP

So you like the govt knowning all your info when buying a gun and keeping record of it? If you don't like it then you obviously are planning on doing something illegal! :rolleyes:

Saving your butt is one thing but asking for all this info on a non-restricted part makes the process not even worth while. I know people who have purchased mag parts over the net without giving all the info and nothing ever goes wrong- i just don't get the reason for needing all the DL info, etc. Asking for a signed statement that you wont use them for new magazines is more than enough.

M14Gunman
12-01-2006, 2:16 AM
OK, thats cool. They don't have to buy them from me.

Just to play devil's advocate...

Lets say I bought 10 20 round mags before the ban... after several years of shooting, 5 have worn out springs, and I buy springs and followers for 5 of them.... lets say 1 year later I back over my gun case with the car and crush three of my mag bodies.... you wont sell the replacement mag bodies to me?

EBWhite
12-01-2006, 9:51 AM
Just to play devil's advocate...

Lets say I bought 10 20 round mags before the ban... after several years of shooting, 5 have worn out springs, and I buy springs and followers for 5 of them.... lets say 1 year later I back over my gun case with the car and crush three of my mag bodies.... you wont sell the replacement mag bodies to me?

No, But I will. :p No mouth swab or rectal exam required :D

-eb

Blue
12-01-2006, 3:21 PM
I think Tapco had some 30rd bodies a couple weeks back.

Bishop
12-01-2006, 7:35 PM
Anyway, thanks for the kind words Xeno... I appreciate it! Chris and myself do this **** 100% legally, or not at all... People that are legal won't have a reason to complain about our procedures, just those planning on breaking the law.
Or maybe those who think they shouldn't be treated like a criminal and surrender their personal information just to buy some unregulated pieces of metal.

Last time I bought a bought a paring knife online I didn't have to to mail over a color photocopy of my drivers license, along with a signed letter indicating that I would not stab anyone with the paring knife, and that if I looked like the "stabby type" the seller reserved the right to sic the police on me.

:rolleyes:

I vote with my dollars.

SquidBeak
12-01-2006, 7:54 PM
Last time I bought a bought a paring knife online...

What do you need an AR or AK for if you already have a paring knife? :p

Bishop
12-01-2006, 7:58 PM
What do you need an AR or AK for if you already have a paring knife? :p

When I need to devein a shrimp at 100 meters! :)

JPglee1
12-01-2006, 9:38 PM
Hey how about I just don't sell any of the parts at all?

I mean really, Im offering people a chance to get rebuild parts. I wanna cover my ***. I don't know if the ******* Im selling the parts to is a DOJ agent trying to entrap me by facilitating construction of a new magazine. Statute of limitations on such a case would be 3 yrs, so I wouldn't be able to sell 1 person all the parts for 3 years, just to be safe ya know.

Anyway, if you need mag rebuild parts, for any gun you can possibly think of, I can find it and get it for you. If I'm too much of a NAZI don't deal with me.

JP

JPglee1
12-01-2006, 9:43 PM
Last time I bought a bought a paring knife online I didn't have to to mail over a color photocopy of my drivers license, .

Thats right, cuz there's no form that paring knife can take that is illegal.

See, in the case of actual magazine parts someone can and WILL assemble a new magazine given all the parts and a chance to do it. I know this, you know this. In an attempt to be WITHIN THE LAW I have laid down certain procedures that my attorney and myself feel are appropriate...

If someone buys all the parts and assembles them, gets caught with the newly built magazine and then points their finger at me, I'm gonna be in a world of crap because I "bought, sold, lended, imported or caused to be imported a high capacity ammunition feeding device"

ITs all fun and games to you guys cuz you're not actually selling the parts. When you put your a55 on the line and actually do it, then you can do it what ever manner you'd like.

For me, I'll take the 100% legal, no grey area, no *snicker snicker* *wink wink* bull**** method... LEGAL OR NOT AT ALL.

JP

EBWhite
12-02-2006, 3:25 AM
Hey how about I just don't sell any of the parts at all?

I mean really, Im offering people a chance to get rebuild parts. I wanna cover my ***. I don't know if the ******* Im selling the parts to is a DOJ agent trying to entrap me by facilitating construction of a new magazine. Statute of limitations on such a case would be 3 yrs, so I wouldn't be able to sell 1 person all the parts for 3 years, just to be safe ya know.

Anyway, if you need mag rebuild parts, for any gun you can possibly think of, I can find it and get it for you. If I'm too much of a NAZI don't deal with me.

JP

Yes, please don't sell any. The process is too much, it is not even worth it. Plenty of out of state sellers are willing to break the parts up for sale without the hassle. It is not your fault what people do. a signed statement is more than enough..... and the paring knife, is illegel sold to a minor :D

M14Gunman
12-02-2006, 3:20 PM
Its just paranoia. It is not illegal. If you choose to do it that way then so be it. I for one will not deal with you, which is my perogative.

You can make a lethal chemical agent out of Bleach and Amonia... mixing the two forms lethal chlorine gas. If I do so and get caught can the government go after vons for selling it to me?

You make it sound like you are doing us a favor by supplying us with product. You are not sir... the parts are very readily available elsewhere. I am not comfortable giving out my driver's license info to anyone. With a copy of my DL, fake IDs could be made with someone else's picture. Doing so could make me a victim of fraud and the chances of that though slim are higher than you getting in trouble.

Thats right, cuz there's no form that paring knife can take that is illegal.

See, in the case of actual magazine parts someone can and WILL assemble a new magazine given all the parts and a chance to do it. I know this, you know this. In an attempt to be WITHIN THE LAW I have laid down certain procedures that my attorney and myself feel are appropriate...

If someone buys all the parts and assembles them, gets caught with the newly built magazine and then points their finger at me, I'm gonna be in a world of crap because I "bought, sold, lended, imported or caused to be imported a high capacity ammunition feeding device"

ITs all fun and games to you guys cuz you're not actually selling the parts. When you put your a55 on the line and actually do it, then you can do it what ever manner you'd like.

For me, I'll take the 100% legal, no grey area, no *snicker snicker* *wink wink* bull**** method... LEGAL OR NOT AT ALL.

JP

JPglee1
12-02-2006, 8:21 PM
You make it sound like you are doing us a favor by supplying us with product. You are not sir... the parts are very readily available elsewhere.

No one has to shop here. We have protocals in place to prevent problems.

I don't have money for a lawyer when some nuckle head ruins it for the rest of us. IF you know I have your information, you probably won't be out being a nuckle head.

Anyway, its a free country. Everyone who has purchased our built magazines (no ID required as they are ASSEMBLED) has been extremely happy.

The point I was making was: AK and AR and FAL mags are all readily available, but when a shooter runs into something really unique or rare, and their dealer can't/won't get them a hicap mag body for it, to modify to 10rd, I will get it for them :D

Take it easy.

JP

JPglee1
12-02-2006, 8:24 PM
Plenty of out of state sellers are willing to break the parts up for sale without the hassle.

Check it out...you should find all of them, and work with them to cut my throat and make it easy for everyone to get hi-cap mag bodies.

Since there are sellers throwing themselves at you, get some mag rebuild bodies here for like $5.00 each and sell them without restriction, so I can stop having to do so much work and go back to concentrating on making capacity limited magazines, instead of spending all my time mailing out replacement parts.

You'd be doing me and everyone else a huge favor, and you might be able to get "ghetto-rich" at the same time hahahaha

:D

JP

P.S. This was meant in fun, humorous gest.

nanoer
12-03-2006, 1:25 AM
dude your crazy, I will not hand over my driver's license to a guy selling some stupid mags. I'd rather just go to a different state like AZ or navada and get them then drive back here to Cali. Your thinking way too much bro, calm down. If someone has the intentions of really using those mags for "evil" they can use two addy's.

If I really wanted them, I'd just ask my friend for his ID and photo copy it and send it to you, then buy half of what I need. Then just use my ID and get the other half.

You have a Retarded Idea bro. Think of it tho, there are many other ways to get it. What you are doing is just wasting time and people's private information. Not that much people, or heck no one will give you their Driver's license to get some "mag replacements."

:p

Sorry to be rude, but I stand by not giving out my private information for some pieces of metal that's only worth $30.

NeoWeird
12-03-2006, 2:07 AM
Back off of JPglee. It his dealins and he can do them as he wants. If you have so many other options and you don't like the way he does it, then don't deal with him and use one of your other options.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable giving out my personal information to anyone that doesn't need it. No offense JPglee, but it's just that much easier for identity theft, and I'm not saying you would do that, but what's to stop someone from doing something like what you are doing just to get your personal information? So it's not everything they need, it doesn't mean we should make it easier on them.

I personally need some magazine parts, but I'm not going to fork over my driver's license for them. I'd have no problem signing a paper saying I understood that manufacturing new magazines was illegal, etc. etc. but I wouldn't send you a copy of my drivers license. It's no different in my mind than the other stupid requirments we have for guns, like proof of residency for handguns; which is stupid since if we DIDN'T live in California then we could get 'un-safe' handguns without the mag disconnect/chamber indicator from our true state (and if we were not Americans then we would be illegal and our papers would be forged).

It's your deal, you do it how you feel comfortable and no one can say anything about it. I just won't do business with people that have Cheaperthandirt/Sportsmansguide-esque business policies.

Noonanda
12-03-2006, 4:34 PM
Ive got some, selling mag bodies for 12 each, internals/floorplate kits for 6 + shipping for 2 packages. I ship them as 2 packages(mag bodies in one, All else in another if a complete repair kit is purchased), I also enclose a little paper saying that theses parts are for repair/replacement only, if you assemble them as new mags it is on your butt not mine. If anyone is still interested let me know, I have a few more

JPglee1
12-03-2006, 7:27 PM
Ive got some, selling mag bodies for 12 each, internals/floorplate kits for 6 + shipping for 2 packages. I ship them as 2 packages(mag bodies in one, All else in another if a complete repair kit is purchased), I also enclose a little paper saying that theses parts are for repair/replacement only, if you assemble them as new mags it is on your butt not mine. If anyone is still interested let me know, I have a few more

There ya go, buy this guys mags :D

JP

JPglee1
12-03-2006, 7:34 PM
Personally, I don't feel comfortable giving out my personal information to anyone that doesn't need it. No offense JPglee,.

See, and I prolly wouldn't take YOU info, cuz I've seen you around here, but some random dude I don't know...why not.

You give AIM and TAPCO and SARCO and SOG your personal info when you order from them. Anyone of their goonbah employees could steal your personal info to do some identity theft.

I get what you're saying, but if it DID happen, it would be obvious that it was me that was doing the taking...and logically why would I go and break the law when I made you go so far out of your way to stay within it :rolleyes:

But anyway ya know...I build low-capacity magazines. If I was JUST selling mag bodies I wouldn't be as hard-assed...

Think of it from my point of view, DOJ knows who RSSSLVR and myself are, they know we're making low capacity magazines. I don't want the DOJ to think that our capacity limited magazine excercise is really a cover to illegally import magazines, or some such scheme. Thats purely all it was, was an attempt on my part to show good faith to the DOJ that I wouldn't knowingly allow anyone to build new hicap magazines.

Like I said, if you got a friend that will get them, let him get them and be happy, but if you have a rare request, or no friends out of state, or if you wanna deal with someone you KNOW is not illegally importing mags, then Ive got them available for you.

We got M1A, MIni-14, Sten, Mini-30, Mac-11, Mac-10, 33rd glock, etc etc. Its not just AK or AR :D

I hope you guys understand it wasn't an attempt to be intrusive or a "grey" way to collect data... I'm running my ship squeeky clean so the DOJ can be confident we aren't importing magazines and everything is done by the book 100%. Thanks for understanding.

JP

NeoWeird
12-03-2006, 8:03 PM
Like I said, it's your business and you do what you want, and if people really need the parts bad enough they will get them from you. Who knows, I may use you some day as I have some mags that need repair (although the only ones that need repair right this second are some AK and AR mags as those are the only rifles I have built up that I don't own rifles for yet). Still, if I can find a source for mag parts that I need, I would use you. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving out my information, but sometimes you just have to.

I think if you were an actual business and not just a couple of guys doing this as a side job people woudln't be so uppity about it. I can see you being cautious, or down right refuse service, to people who just walk in off the internet-street and go straight to you about magazine parts. There is a risk that comes with it and it is understandable to be cautious. I guess what I had in my head was different than how it really was working out. Still be careful though, all a high post count on this forum really proves is you spend time here and doesn't do anything to prove age, legality, etc. Of course if you have a high post count you are probably aware of the law enough to know what you can and can't do legally (which may be all you want in the first place).

I think it was the DL thing that bothered me so much. Like I said, a signed paper stating I knew it wasn't legal to assemble new mags is one thing, but an actual copy of my DL is a bit much. Most companies DO get some information from you, but I could have them send it to a PO box, etc.

You know what, it's pointless to talk about it anymore. You've got your dealings, and they are clean, and that is all that matters. Anyone that gives you flak about it, just ignore them. Things will work out the way they are supposed to, they always do.