View Full Version : PTR-91 anyone here have one?

11-30-2006, 4:22 AM
as i take it, the JLD PTR-91 rifles can be set up in CA legal format, wondering if anyone here has one? I've been looking to build one or find a place that will ship the upper/ lower separately so i can set it up legally here, anyone know of any?

For anyone that has them, how well do they perform, and whats your setup, im contemplating ditching the pistol grip, or fixing the mag, any preferences on that?

i know most of this is kinda vague, but everyone is all hyped up over the AR stuff, makes it hard to find info on any other CA legal rifles out there.

11-30-2006, 5:41 AM
Get yourself a FAL. I think you can buy the receiver alone, but then you need a welder if you want to build it up from there. Your better off buying a fully built one.

11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Um....yeah. Search is your friend.

That being said..

You can get the rifle from Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside, with the flash hider and grip detached. Or you can order from Atlantic, or maybe even JLD, and have it shipped to Cold War Shooters or Spreadfire and for a fee they will remove all evil features and then ship it to a Cali FFL.

Heres a lock that I fabbed to make these and other HK-type rifles compliant. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=37200

11-30-2006, 12:35 PM
i have used the search here and read that before i posted, good idea and execution on your mag lock.

im looking for the bull barrel 18" model which atlantic doesnt list, i dont really want the flash hider, as i plan on buildinga a wanna-be PSG-1 on it, hopefully that magpul stock comes out for them soon.

should i just email atlantic and see if they can get those? i'll call the pawn place and see if they have or can get those too, thanks!

11-30-2006, 1:13 PM
If you plan on building a faithful PSG-1 clone, you would be better off buying the receiver with no trunnion from POF, and all the parts, and having an HK builder like Arizona Response or Investment Grade Firearms build it for you.

If you plan to convert a complete rifle to a PSG1, there will be cutting and welding involved, so either way it's best to go with one of the aforementioned HK smiths. You may be able to order that specific rifle from JLD directly, send it to CWS or Spreadfire to Cali-mod it, then send to your FFL. Then you can send the top end to whoever is going to be doing the work. Check out one of the HK forums like HKpro.com or hk91.com

Personally, I'm waiting for a stripped JLD receiver from POF for an HK21 build by RDTS.