View Full Version : 10/22 Mini Range Report

05-09-2011, 7:09 PM
So after months of being busy and procrastinating I finally got to take my 10/22 build out to Angeles range yesterday. Due to spending a lot of cash on .223 I just picked up a Federal 550 value pack and not the match grade stuff. On the pistol/.22lr silhouette range I was able to hit the tiny chicken silhouette all day @ a 100 yards no problem. But later when I went over to the rifle range the wind picked up a lot, so I had to stick to 50 yards. My initial groups were under 2'' but as the day went along and I started to fine tune my scope & compensate for the wind. This helped me keep my groups under 1''. Im definitely glad I spent the extra money & purchased the mueller tactical as the mil-dots came in handy when adjusting for the wind. Overall Im happy with my new upgrades and I will be upgrading my stock trigger next. (10/22: Green mountain 18'' fluted, Ruger target stock, Muller APT tactical)

My best 3 shot group @ 50yrds (The flyer to the right was my first shot which I didn't count, because a wind gust carried it dramatically)

05-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Nice choice on the scope, i have a couple Muellers and I love them.

05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
They are definitely worth every penny

05-10-2011, 1:39 PM
That looks great. I snagged your photo for when I buy another 10/22 later this year ;)

I figure when I buy my gf a gun I'll get one for myself so it doesn't look like a straw purchase :D