PDA

View Full Version : Beretta PX4 storms for sale

madcow
05-09-2011, 9:09 AM
Hello, new to the board. Really enjoying it thus far. I was looking into purchasing a PX4 Storm and have noticed what seems to be a lot of people selling their used ones. Normally, I would be excited to see so many options, but I am getting a little concerned why so many are selling theirs. What gives? It this just a rotating handguns thing or are people not happy with them? Responses and candor from people who are selling/have sold their PX4s would be appreciated. Thanks!

InGrAM
05-09-2011, 11:00 AM
I have heard a lot more good reviews on the PX4 storm than bad. (that is something to think about.) It is an inexpensive pistol that can be had for around $450. I would jump on one.

That probably does not help you at all. lol

Laser Sailor
05-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I for one, deeply regret selling my Px4, I sold it to my Dad so I still get to shoot it. It's a great gun, easily concealable, shoots like a dream.

AaronC11
05-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I just bought a used one for $450 that was never shot. Nice gun, I like it.

fred40
05-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I have one and its very reliable.Over 2k rds and jammed on me once with a reload.

mdwbbi
05-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I just bought a new one for $461; haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, that will be next week. The vast majority of what I read was good, occassionally someone would bring up an issue, but that was rare.

DannyZRC
05-09-2011, 12:14 PM
lots of every type of gun for sale, glocks XDs HKs SIGs, you name it.

guns, especially these days, are less about quality and reliability (almost all guns are high quality and reliable these days), it's more about personal fit and features/preferences.

evil tyler durden
05-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I just bought a used one for $450 that was never shot. Nice gun, I like it.

Never shot? Well wouldn't that make it a "NEW" gun, owned once?

Nine2Five
05-09-2011, 2:54 PM
I have a PX4 and I love it. I've never had a problem. Affordable gun, fits my hand perfect, and hella cool lookin if you ask me.

Hammertime
05-09-2011, 3:01 PM
Just got one, havn't shot it yet but I like how well built it feels. Of course the polymer lower is going to weigh just about nothing, but the components look like they were manufactured well. The slide is HEAVY, and throws the weight of the pistol off until you load a mag with some rounds in it...then it is very balanced.

Field stripping is just about the easiest thing on earth. Can't recall any other pistol that strips this easily. You can even remove the barrel within seconds of tearing the gun down which is really awesome for cleaning.

I have noticed a 'grainy' feel to the trigger pull, but imaging that this is because it is a brand new product, and will adjust with time.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/thorthemighty/b2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/thorthemighty/b1.jpg

Very happy with how it feels in the hand. Comes with different sized back inserts. I used the larger of the three because I have big hands.

I'm going to take it to the range this week and will give a report, but have heard nothing but positive feedback on it so far. One CalGunner even said it was the 'most accurate pistol available'...we'll see about that lol.

AaronC11
05-09-2011, 3:28 PM

:D Yep, it sounds funny now that I read it again.

gumby
05-09-2011, 4:03 PM
Mines a .40 and I love it! No ftf or fte in over 2,000 rds, accurate and less felt recoil than my 2022 and fnp.

Zartan
05-09-2011, 4:58 PM
Good timing on the thread.:43: I'm in the market for one of these in 9mm.

steelrain82
05-09-2011, 5:13 PM
havent had the money to buy one since im trying to pay off my credit card as fast as i can. but i have seen and heard nothing but good things about them. if i were you id snatch one up in the for marketplace. i love how they feel and look, everyone i knew thought they were ugly space age looking things.

pontiacpratt
05-09-2011, 5:33 PM
The reason you see so many is because you are looking... Kinda like once you buy a car everyone goes out and gets one. I have one and I have to say I love it... a couple thousand rounds down the pipe and zero failure.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/figgie1/jasonstuff/P1020471.jpg

SmellOfCordite
05-09-2011, 7:03 PM
I have had mine since 2009, and have put about 7200 rounds through the pistol. IMO the px4 is a quality firearm, it shoots accurately and has proven to be very reliable. The only failures I have had could be contributed to a problematic mag that keeps finding its way into my range bag. The magazines are also pretty expensive unless you get the MDS mags which are reasonably priced in bulk, but are high capacity so you would have to permanently modify them. Mine is in .40 and I would consider it to be a fairly soft shooting pistol for the caliber. The sights are white dot and not superluminova like they originally were mfg'd, the RO at my range has Trijicons on his px4 f and has put over 20,000 rounds through it in their defensive shooting league. I put my surefire x300 on mine and can't be happier, the gun functions flawlessly with the light attached too. Only other thing I have done the my px4 is slide on a hogue handall on the grip, as well as install the largest backstrap. The pistol points naturally for me, and is very similar to my 1911's.
After almost two years of pretty rough abuse, the px4 has held up great, the finish on the slide has been roughed up from holster wear and travel but it's not too bad. The barrel also has some noticeable wear from the constant rotating and has been polished by the locking block in a couple of spots. If I can I will put up a couple of pictures later on tonight when I get home.

LloydXmas250
05-09-2011, 8:02 PM
+1 for the Hougue Handall grip on it. I'm a sucker for finger grooves and that grip on this pistol feels amazing. Like I'm not holding anything and it points very naturally. I have over 1,000 rounds and no failures except for when I was trying out some soft reloads I made they were not powerful enough to cycle the action. My fault, not the gun's.

I've never heard an owner say anything bad about them. Only people who gripe are people who haven't shot them or can't get over a slide mounted safety.

honeywalnutshrimp
05-09-2011, 8:12 PM
I have a px4 in .40 have 1800 rounds through it and of the 4 pistols I own I may appreciate my rugers love shooting my RIA but my px4 is my go to home defense gun and my camp gun because the ease of breakdown cleaning the proven accuracy and reliability the light weight and the ergos.. Beretta is a proven brand and this pistol is no different imho I love it.

SmellOfCordite
05-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I've never heard an owner say anything bad about them. Only people who gripe are people who haven't shot them or can't get over a slide mounted safety.

x2 and Glock fanboys can't stand them :rolleyes:

LloydXmas250
05-09-2011, 11:10 PM
x2 and Glock fanboys can't stand them :rolleyes:

Well how dare someone else make a competitively priced and reliable polymer gun. Didn't Beretta get the message?

ELIXIR
05-10-2011, 9:46 AM
How is the trigger pull on the PX4?? DAO? (seems like its a long trigger pull)
I wouldn't mind having a PX4 9mm......actually looking into one in a few months.

Fishslayer
05-10-2011, 9:59 AM

I believe that would be "BNIB" or "LNIB."

IMO once it leaves the dealer it's "used."

...and my opinion is worth exactly what ya just paid for it...;)

Nice looking gun. Those Italians. Guns, suits, motorcycles & cars. Sexayyyyy....

LloydXmas250
05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
How is the trigger pull on the PX4?? DAO? (seems like its a long trigger pull)
I wouldn't mind having a PX4 9mm......actually looking into one in a few months.

Are you asking about the Model C which is double action only? I've read the trigger pull is a smooth 6lbs.

The regular F Model feels like a 10lbs trigger. Then SA goes to around 5lbs I think. The trigger pull has never really affected me given I had already shot a DA/SA before. Strikerfire guys can't stand it.

Fishslayer
05-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Well how dare someone else make a competitively priced and reliable polymer gun that's also a handsome weapon. Didn't Beretta get the message?

Fixed that there... ;)

LloydXmas250
05-10-2011, 2:10 PM
Fixed that there... ;)

Haha. Yeah. I really think it's the prettiest polymer gun out there. And they don't sacrifice anything functionally for it.

M&Ps are alright looking. Glocks are horrendous. I have no problem with them functionally but they are just ugly as all sin as far as I'm concerned. I'm indifferent with HKs. And Walther's are decent looking also.

What is it with Beretta making functional and beautiful guns? 92FS and PX4 are both top notch for me.

JeepFreak
05-10-2011, 4:29 PM
Maybe they're selling their fullsize to buy a Compact... which just recently came out. I've got a Compact and I loooove it! Good luck with your purchase!
Billy

Bullwinkle
05-11-2011, 8:20 AM
Don't know where you're located, but if your near a Turner's... they have the PX4 on sale for $480 May 11-13.

I'd also ask 'mdwbbi' where he got his for $461 if you're in the Thousand Oaks area.

johnnhoj15
05-11-2011, 9:43 AM
I love mine. I just need $. Mine is for sale. I'm asking $425.00

mdwbbi
05-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Bullwinkle,
Got mine online for $461 (went up $8 since I ordered mine 3 wks ago), + free shipping, from midwesthuntersoutlet.com (part of TGSCOM, they have multiple websites under different names). The other location that had it at this price is JetGuns (price is still $460 + free shipping).

Rafale
05-11-2011, 1:40 PM
Got one but I am not selling it. It is my only Berreta and my only 40

Hammertime
05-12-2011, 3:04 PM
Range report: Took it out today with my brother in-law and had a blast. 70 rounds through it with no problem, and had some very decent groupings. I was pulling to the left, and there was an occasional flyer but that is my doing, probably, since I don't usually shoot handguns. Totally worth the money!

We also shot a Glock 17 and Sig 220 (.45 cal), and to be honest, the recoil was almost as low as the Glock 17 9mm!

G60
05-12-2011, 8:10 PM
Fresno PD are issued them and they love to shoot people.

vega
05-12-2011, 8:21 PM
Bullwinkle,
Got mine online for $461 (went up $8 since I ordered mine 3 wks ago), + free shipping, from midwesthuntersoutlet.com (part of TGSCOM, they have multiple websites under different names). The other location that had it at this price is JetGuns (price is still $460 + free shipping).

Who did you used for FFL and how much were you charged for out of state purchase? Were you charge use tax?

thegrayham
05-12-2011, 9:10 PM
I have had my 9mm PX-4 for a few years now and love it still.

mdwbbi
05-13-2011, 7:55 AM
Who did you used for FFL and how much were you charged for out of state purchase? Were you charge use tax?
FFL from http://net-ffl.com/ffl.html in Simi Valley. If you belong to one of the many 2A orgs, he will give $15 off the FFL fee. And yes, the FFL will collect the sales tax to remit to the state, it's required.