PDA

View Full Version : Mecca sp? has anyone been here...

HkUSP45
11-29-2006, 4:00 PM
.. for outdoor/desert shooting? One of my customer mentioned this place. I live in Orange County. I thinks its about 2 hr drive. He said its by a bunch of windmills. is it BLM land?

grammaton76
11-29-2006, 4:20 PM
Heh. You said Mecca, I opened the thread and saw something about shooting... I thought immediately of the Middle East. :)

VeryCoolCat
11-29-2006, 6:17 PM
.. for outdoor/desert shooting? One of my customer mentioned this place. I live in Orange County. I thinks its about 2 hr drive. He said its by a bunch of windmills. is it BLM land?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the place with windmills is near Palm Desert (Palm Springs/Desert Hot Springs) and out there pretty much any area 1 mile away from any civilians/buildings is BLM.

Bout 2 hour drive w/ standard traffic. The area is a 2 lane hilly road, so if theres an accident... expect that to turn to 3-4 hours.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=&taddr=&csz=Orange%2C+CA&country=us&tcsz=palm+desert%2C+ca&tcountry=us

Pretty much that entire area is filled with BLM.

HkUSP45
11-29-2006, 9:48 PM
He said that area has couple of car shells and other junk laying around that are riddle with bullets holes.