PDA

View Full Version : Walmart rumor for Southern Californian's

tomah
05-09-2011, 6:35 AM
Hello all, i went to walmart yesterday and the worker told me that as of next week, they will NOT be carrying ammo any longer in the southern california stores. he said walmart corporate is saying since they dont sell guns, they will not be selling ammo. all the ammo sales will occur in northern california since a lot of hunting is done up there.

i bought 6 boxes of .45 :(

has anybody else heard any news? the guy that works at the fishing/ammo section of the longbeach/lakewood walmart is pretty good about the news IMO.

also i appologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong section.

rogervzv
05-09-2011, 6:54 AM
Bad news. I don't buy ammo there myself, but with them out of the market it is hard to see how prices will not head higher.:eek:

tuna quesadilla
05-09-2011, 6:57 AM
Until you can prove it, it's a bunch of FUD.

Low-Pressure
05-09-2011, 6:57 AM
I will believe it when it happens. The wallyworld in Cerritos, says they will not stop carrying ammo, because they go like pancakes.

SDM44
05-09-2011, 6:58 AM
I wouldn't believe a "worker" at Walmart, not unless it was from a store manager or somebody direct from corporate, and also written in a memo of some type that was circulated around to the So Cal Walmart stores. And I know for a fact that a buddy of mine who works for Walmart corporate said that ammo is a hot seller for all Walmart stores, so he didn't see them going away anytime soon (this was right after the AB962).

Unless you have actual evidence of this, please do not spread the FUD.

tuna quesadilla
05-09-2011, 7:01 AM
I will believe it when it happens. The wallyworld in Cerritos, says they will not stop carrying ammo, because they go like pancakes.

Exactly. I don't buy the whole "they'll keep selling in Norcal because of all the hunters there." The Walmarts around here sell P-L-E-N-T-Y of ammo.

Bullwinkle
05-09-2011, 7:02 AM
According to a tidbit I heard on the radio last week, Walmart is reintroducing firearm sales to half of its stores in an attempt to boost revenue. Doesn't make a lot of sense (to me) for them to take ammo off the shelves in So Cal--a huge market--if they're going to bring back firearms sales.

But that's just supposition on my part, and who knows how accurate the radio report was anyway. Even if true, I imagine CA stores are not on their list for reintroduction.

GUNNTZ
05-09-2011, 7:06 AM
Hate to agree with the OP, but I think he's correct. The company I work for has done most of the wallyworld remodels in socal and in each one they have deleted the ammo counter. I've seen no signs of them putting it back in. In fact the last two had that area turned into a housewares section. So not good :(

NoJoke
05-09-2011, 7:18 AM
Hello all, i went to walmart yesterday and the worker told me that as of next week, they will NOT be carrying ammo any longer in the southern california stores. he said walmart corporate is saying since they dont sell guns, they will not be selling ammo. all the ammo sales will occur in northern california since a lot of hunting is done up there.

has anybody else heard any news? the guy that works at the fishing/ammo section of the longbeach/lakewood walmart is pretty good about the news IMO.

Makes you wonder with the last run on ammo w/ ab962 if they'd want to create another buying frenzy.......:confused:;)

Bullwinkle
05-09-2011, 7:23 AM
Makes you wonder with the last run on ammo w/ ab962 if they'd want to create another buying frenzy.......:confused:;)

LOL... actually, that was the first thing I thought of, too! :)

tomah
05-09-2011, 7:50 AM
the sales attendent also didnt mind how many boxes of ammo i took. he said take as much as you want, they arent going to stock up again.

41M
05-09-2011, 7:52 AM
Hate to agree with the OP, but I think he's correct. The company I work for has done most of the wallyworld remodels in socal and in each one they have deleted the ammo counter. I've seen no signs of them putting it back in. In fact the last two had that area turned into a housewares section. So not good :(

One of the WalMart stores near me was remodeled last year and still has the ammunition section.

Casual_Shooter
05-09-2011, 7:54 AM
One of the WalMart stores near me was remodeled last year and still has the ammunition section.

Same here.

tomah
05-09-2011, 7:57 AM
i hope the sales attendant isnt right about this. walmart is my primary source of ammo

tomah
05-09-2011, 8:01 AM
oh and btw, to those saying im spreading FUD, it was not my intention. and i appologize for that. if the mods want to delete this thread, then please do. i just thought i would ask if anybody else has heard anything else in regards to this.

TBDesigns
05-09-2011, 8:02 AM
I bought some ammo from walmart in rancho cucamonga and had a nice talk with the guy and he didn't say anything about not selling ammo. He was a hunter himself and said he always buys from there due to the pricing on their ammo.

pacifico23
05-09-2011, 8:09 AM
http://www.google.com/search?q=walmart+to+stop+ammo+sales+in+southern+ca lifornia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&biw=1920&bih=961&tbm=nws&source=hp&q=walmart+ammo&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=b85ec02c22f7eb69

Highly doubt it. Only news out of Walmart is there going to start selling guns.

GUNNTZ
05-09-2011, 8:20 AM
Maybe it's only select stores that don't sell as much??? All I know is after the expansions and remodels 6 of the 13 stores did away with the counter/cases that had ammo. Now I will say the one right around the corner from me still has ammo. It's all speculation until they announce something. I am not trying to further along any FUD, just my observations.

Kanester
05-09-2011, 8:29 AM
While I hope the OP is misinformed, I have checked both the Temecula and Murrieta Wal-marts in the past week and BOTH have been out of both Federal 9mm and Remington UMC 9mm. They each only had the Winchester WWB. And I went to both locations twice last week, a couple days apart. The two guys at the Temecula store even said "That's wierd, we ALWAYS get in federal and for some reason they havent sent us any for the past week."

This is a case where I am HOPING it is unintentional FUD, because I would hate to loose my cheap source for ammo. Winchester WWB is not my favorite, but I might have to pick up a few boxes to stash just in case...

triplestack3
05-09-2011, 8:45 AM
I was at the Wal Mart in Huntington Beach and they had several thousand rounds of WWB 9mm on the shelf. They stock a TON of that stuff and it looked like they had freshly restocked as well. Remington UMC stuff is kind of hit and miss. They'll get a couple of value packs in, they'll sell, and then they'll be out for two to four weeks.

Eat Dirt
05-09-2011, 8:46 AM
No Ammo At Wal-Mart !!!!! .........:willy_nilly:

Well.There's always Big-5 ( Ouch )

rodeoflyer
05-09-2011, 8:59 AM
The Walmart's around me are constantly out of certain ammo. Guess what that means.......

.....it sells. A Lot.

gorenut
05-09-2011, 9:00 AM
I have mixed views on this. I am fully aware of Walmart reintroducing the sales of hunting firearms to many of their stores.. even including handgun sales in their Alaska locations... but the 3 closest Walmarts to my place (Westminster, Huntington Beach, Anaheim) I noticed has made their firearms section even smaller. I wouldn't have noticed except my friend needed to purchased a zippered padded gun rug. I told him to go to Walmart since I got one of mine there less than a year ago. We hit all 3 locations and all the sections where they would have been... was replaced with random crap like more baseball gear.

On the other hand.. I always see at least one person waiting for ammo at all those locations whenever I go. So it obviously means they're still selling ammo like crazy. Also, I've mentioned it numerous times.. if it weren't for their ammo and gun-related sales.. I would never venture into Walmart. Whenever I made an ammo run to Walmart, I'd always end up buying other stuff throughout the store too, especially if my girlfriend comes along.

Luckily I've since found a cheaper source for range ammo so if Walmart does stop stocking ammo, it won't affect me much.. but I wouldn't want it to happen either way. Having choices and backups is nice.

Speedpower
05-09-2011, 9:07 AM

Are you talking about the Walmart at the Long beach Town center? they NEVER carry ammo anyways, so none of their employees their knew anything about ammo! so I'm sure the information you got is wrong, I was at the Walmart in Cerritos Town center yesterday and they are fully stocked with all ammos including Federal .45's.

Us3rName
05-09-2011, 9:08 AM
Just checked with management in HB and this info is FALSE however she does not know if firearms will be reintroduced.

Mr. Beretta
05-09-2011, 9:10 AM
Well....We'll only have to wait a week to see if this FUD or not. :eek:

giants_fan24
05-09-2011, 9:11 AM
Well good thing I'm up north cause I do buy alot of ammo there, they are the cheapest around

Lyte-
05-09-2011, 9:21 AM

The Wal-Mart’s around me remodeled and added new counters and new cabinets and locks for the ammo.

They also actively make an attempt that someone is staffed at the sporting good counters all the time (before I use to have to hunt for someone with the keys to the ammo)

Javi
05-09-2011, 9:27 AM
According to a tidbit I heard on the radio last week, Walmart is reintroducing firearm sales to half of its stores in an attempt to boost revenue. Doesn't make a lot of sense (to me) for them to take ammo off the shelves in So Cal--a huge market--if they're going to bring back firearms sales.

^ Yeah, that's what confused me about this thread.

tomah
05-09-2011, 9:30 AM
Are you talking about the Walmart at the Long beach Town center? they NEVER carry ammo anyways, so none of their employees their knew anything about ammo! so I'm sure the information you got is wrong, I was at the Walmart in Cerritos Town center yesterday and they are fully stocked with all ammos including Federal .45's.

i go to the one on carson st and paramount blvd.

Merc1138
05-09-2011, 9:32 AM
Why do people keep believing walmart clerks? They don't know squat. Walmart corporate doesn't give them any special information at all.

"ammo sales will occur in northern california since they do a lot of hunting up there" Really? I must be missing out on all of the hunting in Milpitas and Sunnyvale.

And why would the corporate office tell this one lone employee that, when a few weeks ago walmart made national(hell, maybe even international) news because their corporate office said they were going to be putting guns back on the shelves in more stores. As it is you can barely trust a walmart employee to tell you where something in the store is(unless you make them walk you over to it), let alone corporate policies about what is or isn't going to be sold.

Speedpower
05-09-2011, 9:34 AM
Why do people keep believing walmart clerks? They don't know squat. Walmart corporate doesn't give them any special information at all.

"ammo sales will occur in northern california since they do a lot of hunting up there" Really? I must be missing out on all of the hunting in Milpitas and Sunnyvale.

And why would the corporate office tell this one lone employee that, when a few weeks ago walmart made national(hell, maybe even international) news because their corporate office said they were going to be putting guns back on the shelves in more stores. As it is you can barely trust a walmart employee to tell you where something in the store is(unless you make them walk you over to it), let alone corporate policies about what is or isn't going to be sold.

+1000

gorenut
05-09-2011, 9:41 AM
PS: As this isn't quite news yet.. the thread title should really read "Walmart rumors" instead as to not mislead people.

tomah
05-09-2011, 9:46 AM
changed topic title.

as i stated in the OP, i was just wondering if anybody heard anything else. im not here trying to spread propaganda or whatever.

i just went in there to buy a few boxes of ammo. i didnt ask any questions or ask for any information the clerk had for me. he just decided to share some info that he heard and i decided to ask if anybody has heard anything similar.

rubber duckie
05-09-2011, 9:48 AM
maybe at some locations, i see maybe LA county having a problem, but my local spots, westminster and HB, are always stocked.

jdogg2000
05-09-2011, 9:50 AM
I was just at one yesterday in the San Fernando Valley and they had tons of ammo. Must have been at least 3 groups of people come by to buy ammo just while I was waiting there for an employee to open the case for me. Hard to believe they'd do away with such a popular seller.

kel-tec-innovations
05-09-2011, 9:51 AM
There is no reason at all for Walmart to stop selling ammo in Southern California. There is no law prohibiting and no incidents that would spark a halt to the highly profitable sales of ammo.

loose_electron
05-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Wal Mart is in the business of making money.

They are always selling out on ammo.

Until the legal issues become an issue,
I doubt that the stores that sell lots of
ammo are going to stop doing it.

If it happens, so be it, but at the moment, I doubt it

hcbr
05-09-2011, 10:09 AM
I was just at one yesterday in the San Fernando Valley and they had tons of ammo. Must have been at least 3 groups of people come by to buy ammo just while I was waiting there for an employee to open the case for me. Hard to believe they'd do away with such a popular seller.

jdogg2000, where is there a walmart in the SFV that sells ammo?

THe one in NOHO and fallbrook don't really sell ammo , and not even porter ranch.

the only closest one is in simi valley and duarter (and also near norwalk) but hell if you know something you don't let me know!

Mstnpete
05-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Another fud from a Walmart employee!
There are always ammo at the Chino Walmart.
As everyone stated , it's a hot seller for them and I doubt it will be taken off anytime soon.

mkga14
05-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I was just at the one in Porter Ranch. Recalled this post and I decided to ask the guy restocking some air soft pellets. He said they don't sell them anymore and haven't for a few years. No other Wal-marts other than simi that sells ammo in the SFV?

Costco should sell some ammo =]

Khanan
05-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Oxnard remodeled not too long ago and they do still have a gun counter and ammo.

JDW67
05-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Santa Ana Walmart has stopped selling ammo. Huntington Beach, which is about 4 miles from the Santa Ana Walmart still sells ammo. Kinda wierd how some do and some don't...

Elwood_Blues
05-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I was just in Walmart last week, the one in Clairemont in SD and the ammo cabinet was fully stocked. I mean if there was another box in it, the thing would implode on itself.

knucklez
05-09-2011, 11:46 AM
The worker at the walmart closest to my house said the exact same thing when I went in to buy some .22lr's. I'm from Los Angeles.

HK Dave
05-09-2011, 11:57 AM
FUD. With wallie world now selling guns, why would they stop selling ammo? :)

HK Dave
05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
I was just at the one in Porter Ranch. Recalled this post and I decided to ask the guy restocking some air soft pellets. He said they don't sell them anymore and haven't for a few years. No other Wal-marts other than simi that sells ammo in the SFV?

Costco should sell some ammo =]

I dream of this as well!

23 Blast
05-09-2011, 12:04 PM
All the Walmarts around me (La Habra, Cerritos, Puente Hills) have lots and lots of ammo. La Habra even recently remodeled to become a Super walmart selling groceries as well, and they sold ammo during and after the remodel was done.

Blackhawk556
05-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Can't someone just call the store and ask for a manager to find out the truth???

Bullwinkle
05-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Can't someone just call the store and ask for a manager to find out the truth???

Sigh... that would be too simple.

And FYI to all the "I was just there and my store has plenty of ammo" posts: Just because the shelves are stocked [I]now doesn't necessarily mean they will be this time next week. I personally think this rumor is FUD, but if it's not, just remember to let your voice be heard... at Walmart, that is. Doesn't do any good to complain to me or other non-Walmart employees. :)

mkga14
05-09-2011, 1:03 PM
I dream of this as well!

They would make a killing, wonder why they don't. Sample carts? Those would rock.

BigDogatPlay
05-09-2011, 1:31 PM
Highly doubt it. Only news out of Walmart is there going to start selling guns.

Wal-Mart has never stopped selling firearms outside of California and a couple of other hoplophobic states. They ceased selling in California because of the onerous paperwork and related requirements which would cost them large in training and retention of specialized employees.

If someone at a store is saying that Wal-Mart is going to resume firearm sales at it's California locations, I'd be throwing the shenanigans flag instantly unless they could come up with a verifiable memo from corporate saying same.

ETA: Costco doesn't sell firearms or ammo, in part, because it's a business they don't want to be in. Costco has a corporate policy forbidding firearms, including licensed CCW, in all it's locations. The company is, apparently, quite hoplophobic in it's corporate and business policy. They also can not be reasoned with as their statement has long said, essentially, if you don't like our policy we will refund your membership.

5shot
05-09-2011, 1:57 PM
Santa Ana Walmart has stopped selling ammo. Huntington Beach, which is about 4 miles from the Santa Ana Walmart still sells ammo. Kinda wierd how some do and some don't...

I thinks it's more based on the city they have the store in. The Pomona Walmart had ammo from the beginning when it opened, as did all the stores in the area, Chino, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga.
Then Pomona passed a muni code requiring all ammo purchasers to show their CDL and fill out a form for the P.D. Several times I went there to buy ammo, the shelves were full, but I couldn't buy any because the store was waiting for more ammo forms from the P.D. The management stopped selling ammo soon after that. I also notice that there are quite a few stores in L.A. county that no longer sell ammo. Whereas most or all San Bernardino county stores sell ammo.

Kanester
05-09-2011, 1:58 PM
Wal-Mart has never stopped selling firearms outside of California and a couple of other hoplophobic states. They ceased selling in California because of the onerous paperwork and related requirements which would cost them large in training and retention of specialized employees.

If someone at a store is saying that Wal-Mart is going to resume firearm sales at it's California locations, I'd be throwing the shenanigans flag instantly unless they could come up with a verifiable memo from corporate saying same.

ETA: Costco doesn't sell firearms or ammo, in part, because it's a business they don't want to be in. Costco has a corporate policy forbidding firearms, including licensed CCW, in all it's locations. The company is, apparently, quite hoplophobic in it's corporate and business policy. They also can not be reasoned with as their statement has long said, essentially, if you don't like our policy we will refund your membership.

For thos newer guys like me, I already Wiki'd it for you :D-

Hoplophobia from the Greek hoplon, meaning armor, is defined as the "fear of firearms"[1][2][3] and as the "fear of armed citizens".

JDW67
05-09-2011, 2:21 PM
I thinks it's more based on the city they have the store in. The Pomona Walmart had ammo from the beginning when it opened, as did all the stores in the area, Chino, Upland, Rancho Cucamonga.
Then Pomona passed a muni code requiring all ammo purchasers to show their CDL and fill out a form for the P.D. Several times I went there to buy ammo, the shelves were full, but I couldn't buy any because the store was waiting for more ammo forms from the P.D. The management stopped selling ammo soon after that. I also notice that there are quite a few stores in L.A. county that no longer sell ammo. Whereas most or all San Bernardino county stores sell ammo.

You might have a good point there. I didn't think about city restrictions as I live in Fountain Valley that is in between Santa Ana and Huntington Beach.

JaeFern
05-09-2011, 3:08 PM
Both of my Walmarts still have ammo. One of them just restocked. Let's hope it's true!

Sanderhawk
05-09-2011, 3:35 PM
I talked to the honcho at the walmart in Anaheim and he said that walmart is bringing back firearms just not to California.

Someday
05-09-2011, 3:59 PM
Same here.

Aero Drive?

G60
05-09-2011, 4:07 PM
This thread is so full of FUD. The only sure thing is that nobody will know until their walmart actually does start selling guns, or stop selling ammo.
Walmart will sell guns in CA, probably in the more rural (Hanford is a good bet haha!) stores only though.

If they weren't going to sell firearms in CA, they wouldnt have a page of CA specific firearms sale procedures on the WIRE, updated April of this year. ;)

Skunk2Racer
05-09-2011, 4:27 PM
Sells Guns.......I'd be Happy just to Buy Ammo @Walmart that's Not a Crazy Far drive away......

LBDamned
05-09-2011, 4:31 PM
i go to the one on carson st and paramount blvd.

are they going to still carry accessories, like cleaning supplies, locks & such?...

sigfan91
05-09-2011, 4:37 PM

the sales attendent also didnt mind how many boxes of ammo i took. he said take as much as you want, they arent going to stock up again.

That gave you the incentive to buy, didn't it? :D

T72MKIV
05-09-2011, 5:51 PM

THe one in NOHO and fallbrook don't really sell ammo , and not even porter ranch.

the only closest one is in simi valley and duarter (and also near norwalk) but hell if you know something you don't let me know!

+1
I gotta drive all the way to Valencia or Simi Valley and the last 2 times they've been out of .45.

PandaLuv
05-09-2011, 5:58 PM
In NorCall, CoCo and Alameda counties, Walmart stores don't carry ammo. I think that's because how anti-gun the countries are.

M16 Matt
05-09-2011, 6:02 PM
That's F ing gay but they have been stocking up on a bunch of stuff i know for sure i dont want to go and spend 15 20bucks a box for 9mm

Rob454
05-09-2011, 6:03 PM
all the ammo sales will occur in northern california since a lot of hunting is done up there.

Well most of the ammo that wally sells is not even really hunting ammo well at least not good hunting ammo. Their "hunting" ammo selection is actually pretty small and limited for calibers and given most of the stuff is plinking ball type ammo pistol stuff and some 223 7.62 308 and 30-06 and 270 thrown in IMO it wouldn't be my first choice for using that ammo for hunting. But as far as hunting ammo Wally is not the place. For going target shooting yes

Got Stuff?
05-09-2011, 6:07 PM

If this is true, it looks like I'm letting my Costco membership expire and get one for Sams.

cali_armz
05-09-2011, 6:41 PM
it would be unwise for walmart to stop carrying ammunition from a business perspective. im sure they make a large amount of money selling ammo. why would they want to stop selling it?

i doubt they got tired of making profit.

GunSafari
05-09-2011, 7:44 PM
I don't believe any walmart inside of LA city sells ammo, I could be wrong, for a fact none in the sfv sell ammo. closest one to san fernando valley is the simi valley location, and they aren't well stocked but they do have most of the common cheaper ammunition.

Los angeles city unlike other areas actually requires a special permit to sell ammunition and as most of you know already the fingerprinting and record keeping that is involved, this is most likely wal-marts reasoning for not selling ammunition in los angeles city

Noah3683
05-09-2011, 8:01 PM
:fud: Just talked to my brother in law who is a store manager and he said it's complete BS. Sporting goods is one of Wally's top departments.... which majority of sales are ammo and fishing licenses. Highly doubt an hourly sales employee knows more about what's going on than management does

tomah
05-09-2011, 8:15 PM
Maybe its just my local wally world then... And to the guy asking about accessories, sorry, I don't have an answer

Skunk2Racer
05-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Ok so basically LA city Walmarts don't have ammo. Rosemead dosen't carry either. So what about other walmarts? Torrance? can we start listing which carry?

Fishslayer
05-10-2011, 11:10 AM
+1
I gotta drive all the way to Valencia or Simi Valley and the last 2 times they've been out of .45.

I need to walk out to my garage...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.:o

BigDogatPlay
05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
This thread is so full of FUD. The only sure thing is that nobody will know until their walmart actually does start selling guns, or stop selling ammo.
Walmart will sell guns in CA, probably in the more rural (Hanford is a good bet haha!) stores only though.

If they weren't going to sell firearms in CA, they wouldnt have a page of CA specific firearms sale procedures on the WIRE, updated April of this year. ;)

Please show one Wal-Mart location that can be verified as selling firearms in California..... and this is a big reason why they don't. (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/walmart_ca_gun_laws.html)

Many locations in California used to. Many still sell ammo. The stores in cities and counties where local ordinance makes it difficult to sell ammo, don't. No Wal-Mart store in California has sold firearms in at least five or six years, and I wouldn't expect them to start anytime soon.

EVILJ
05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Walmart in Industry off the 60 still has ammo

camron882
05-10-2011, 12:01 PM
the one off aero sells but i believe its the only one in SD that does...wife gets mad that they do cause i buy it :)

tomah
05-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Ok so basically LA city Walmarts don't have ammo. Rosemead dosen't carry either. So what about other walmarts? Torrance? can we start listing which carry?

torrance does not carry ammo

Moto4Fun
05-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Well...did you buy extra ammo after he told you this information? If so, it worked!

Briancnelson
05-10-2011, 12:23 PM
I have it on pretty good authority from someone who should know (He's not always right, but his information is about 80-90% accurate most of the time) that the ammunition thing is purely an economic decision, and will only affect certain stores.

Walmart apparently told workers about the decision, and some may be interpreting it incorrectly, assuming they meant all stores, or their store, when that is not the case.

According to my source, only stores which are not selling ammunition very well will be losing their ammo. Those stores which have traditionally sold high volumes of ammunition will continue to do so.

It's basically an effort to streamline their distribution and maximize profits.

He also hears rumors that SoCal stores will be among those getting guns, but both he, and I, are skeptical about that.

Anyway, that's some third hand information for you, for what it's worth, but I have some reason to believe it is correct.

notme92069
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
the one off aero sells but i believe its the only one in SD that does...wife gets mad that they do cause i buy it :)

Vista and San Marcos have lots of ammo

5shot
05-10-2011, 1:17 PM
Chino and Rancho Cucamonga sell ammo.

Moto4Fun
05-10-2011, 1:36 PM
Paso Robles and Arroyo Grande sell ammo. I have yet to find a cheaper place to buy it. .45 acp at $.37 per round OTD. I would prefer not to buy anything EVER from WM, but the ammo pricing is irresistable. When I find a comparable price, I will change supliers.

SpectreZ91
05-10-2011, 3:47 PM
Riverside has ammo, but the cabinet was only 1/4 full.. Didn't have any 9mm in stock. :(

Also the prices weren't all that good. I think the 9mm was listed at $12 but Turners was only 13. I was told that Wallyworld has super cheap prices but I wasn't impressed.

As for the HB.. Someone told me they can't buy in bulk because a Wally world employee told him that Walmart saves ammo for other stores like turners and what not buy ammo from them.. *shrug* Not sure how true that is or not.

jessegpresley
05-10-2011, 4:05 PM
walmart corporate is saying since they dont sell guns, they will not be selling ammo

They sell car tires, but not cars.

tuna quesadilla
05-10-2011, 4:45 PM
Riverside has ammo, but the cabinet was only 1/4 full.. Didn't have any 9mm in stock. :(

Also the prices weren't all that good. I think the 9mm was listed at $12 but Turners was only 13. I was told that Wallyworld has super cheap prices but I wasn't impressed.

As for the HB.. Someone told me they can't buy in bulk because a Wally world employee told him that Walmart saves ammo for other stores like turners and what not buy ammo from them.. *shrug* Not sure how true that is or not.

I've personally seen with my own two eyes a Walmart exclusive bulk pack on the shelf at a local gun store in Orange. It absolutely does happen.

I won't directly say the name of the gun shop because last time I called them out on poor business practices, the representative here on Calguns cried to the mods and had my post deleted.

Kanester
05-10-2011, 4:55 PM
I just picked up 10 boxes of Federal 9mm at the Lake Elsinore Wally, however everything else looked picked over pretty good. They still had about 10+ boxes left if anyone was interested, I havent been able to find 9mm other than WWB in the area for over 2 weeks now..Glad I got lucky.

NoJoke
05-10-2011, 5:03 PM
I need to walk out to my garage...

Sorry. Couldn't resist.:o

That's an idea. They should get into selling reloading equipment!

luckystrike
05-10-2011, 5:05 PM
ill call BS untill proven.

coyotebait
05-10-2011, 5:29 PM

But that's just supposition on my part, and who knows how accurate the radio report was anyway. Even if true, I imagine CA stores are not on their list for reintroduction.

Hope this is true, I actually bought 3 guns from the Simi Valley wally world just before they stopped selling.

Sanderhawk
05-10-2011, 5:58 PM
Anaheim Walmart is a bit low on ammo right now. Counter guy said they have more coming in so no worries there.

AetiusAbove
05-10-2011, 6:26 PM
I spoke with the sporting goods people at the walmart in La Quinta, the ammo isn't leaving and long arms are coming soon. I did not get an ETA but my gut says before christmas.
Again that's just my gut, which is 40%-ish-ish accurate.

Cokebottle
05-10-2011, 6:27 PM
Just bought some 555 today in Industry and yesterday in Glendora.

Pomona is the only WM near me that doesn't stock ammo... and they haven't stocked ammo since 2007.

Plenty of stock, and both stores (plus Chino Hills) were well stocked, and are restocked almost daily.

Actually got some WWB .357 mag... I haven't seen .357 at WM in years.

Cokebottle
05-10-2011, 6:30 PM
Also the prices weren't all that good. I think the 9mm was listed at $12 but Turners was only 13.
????

WWB 100rd value packs of 9mm are $22 or $23, Turners is almost $30.
Winchester .22lr 555 is $19.47... Ammunitiontogo (my normal source for ammo) is $23 plus shipping.

Walmarts 50rd boxes aren't that good of a deal, and often Turners does better, but their bulk pack stuff is dirt cheap.

mlevans66
05-10-2011, 6:41 PM
Went to the Walmart in Vista and Oside. Had all kinds of ammo....I bought way to much also.:D

evidens83
05-10-2011, 6:43 PM
Went to the Walmart in Vista and Oside. Had all kinds of ammo....I bought way to much also.:D

:cheers2: ;)

greasemonkey
05-10-2011, 7:08 PM
Walmart in Selma (Between Fresno and Visalia) completely removed their ammo counter/section several months ago, not even a remodel, just took it out and threw some floor merchandise out where the counter used to be. Both of the Mega-WalMarts here have huge ammo sections and seem to get re-supplied pretty quickly.

pennys dad
05-10-2011, 8:15 PM
Holy Heck, i hate rumors!
I went down to my local walmart fond the Manager and asked questions, then bought a bunch of ammo!

Cokebottle
05-10-2011, 8:31 PM
There's more paranoia about WM than anywhere else.
Two weeks ago, someone posted that WMs in LA County couldn't (not didn't, but legally couldn't) sell ammo.

I've bought ammo from two different WMs in LA County this week. LA City? Maybe. LA County? Obviously no such ordinance.
I'll try to remember to check the Burbank WM Friday.

sanjosebmx
05-10-2011, 8:45 PM
in the valley today our Wal Mart had a ton of ammo.. I mean lots like 20 - 30 boxes of .40 cal WWB ... so either they are dumping everything they have in the warehouses, or its a hot seller...

tomah
05-10-2011, 8:51 PM
in the valley today our Wal Mart had a ton of ammo.. I mean lots like 20 - 30 boxes of .40 cal WWB ... so either they are dumping everything they have in the warehouses, or its a hot seller...

my local wallyworld always has .40. federal and wwb.

Fishyguy777
05-10-2011, 8:58 PM

I don't think their ammo are cheaper then online shops or are they?

jbush
05-10-2011, 9:13 PM
I was in Alhambra or Duatre walmart and the ammo case was gone about 3 months ago. But, they were redoing and moving a bunch of stuff in the store so they may have just pulled it temporarily. Rancho always has quite a selection and usually someone close by to help you.

Cokebottle
05-10-2011, 9:30 PM
I don't think their ammo are cheaper then online shops or are they?
On some ammo they are, especially once you factor in shipping.

Ammunitiontogo - $23 for a box of 555, plus $15 per brick shipping.
WM - $19.47 plus tax. So for 5550 rounds, that's $194.70 + about $17 depending on your tax rate or about $212.
Ammunitiontogo is going to be $245 if they put all 10 boxes in the same shipping box (and 5000rds of .22lr is heavy). If they split it 2500rds per box, then it'll be $260.

Similar for 9mm WWB. Ammunitiontogo was $24 for the 100rd value packs when they had it in stock a couple of weeks ago. WM is $22. Turner's is closer to $30.

chad68
05-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Walmarts whole master plan is to sell more junk than the other guys, in hopes all of their competition goes out of business.

Do you really think Walmart would let anybody sell more of anything than they can?

Besides there are plenty of people in LA that hunt, maybe just not 4 legged animals so much.

SpectreZ91
05-10-2011, 10:34 PM
I've personally seen with my own two eyes a Walmart exclusive bulk pack on the shelf at a local gun store in Orange. It absolutely does happen.

I won't directly say the name of the gun shop because last time I called them out on poor business practices, the representative here on Calguns cried to the mods and had my post deleted.

Atleast someone did confirm that it does happen.. Though it does suck to call someone out and then have them cry and complain like it didn't happen..

????

Winchester .22lr 555 is $19.47... Ammunitiontogo (my normal source for ammo) is $23 plus shipping.

Walmarts 50rd boxes aren't that good of a deal, and often Turners does better, but their bulk pack stuff is dirt cheap.

100rd's for 22-23? dang.. Wish I would of seen that.. (Though they didn't have anything really in stock when I was there) I ended up spending 27-28 on 100 rds at turners. =( Though sometimes on Wednesday turners sells their chepie 50rd box of 9mm stuff for 9.99

heavyzevy
05-11-2011, 1:41 AM

Same guy told me the same thing! The shelf there was nearly empty. I did grab all the 9mm I could get(600 rounds...)

I sure hope they don't stop... he said you can email corporate... not sure if bs or not

tomah
05-11-2011, 6:27 AM
Same guy told me the same thing! The shelf there was nearly empty. I did grab all the 9mm I could get(600 rounds...)

I sure hope they don't stop... he said you can email corporate... not sure if bs or not

darn, when i went, they had no federal 9mm. i could have used a few more boxes. i guess its off to cerritos to see if they still have some!

Bullwinkle
05-11-2011, 9:03 AM
Every time I think Walmart's prices for ammo are getting too high, all I have to do is walk into another store or shop online. I'd prefer to support my local gun shop, but I guess I prefer stretching my shooting dollars more. Let's face it, ammo is just too expensive, period! Prices skyrocketed after the election and during the shortage, but now that the shortage is over I haven't seen any accompanying price drops, have you?

Anyway, FWIW, was just at the Aero Walmart this morning. Shelves are stocked full. WWB 100rd VPs were $22.97, and WWB .40 100rd VPs were (I believe) $28.97. I'm just waiting for the day when their shelves are stocked with .45 VPs again; haven't seen .45 there in (literally) months.

techshot
05-11-2011, 9:47 AM

Maybe they figured out if they tell you there is not going to be anymore you will buy more on the spot... Selling techniques are ingenious nowadays.

socal425
05-11-2011, 10:02 AM
FUD! Just purchased WWB 9mm and WWB 45ACP JHP at Poway (plenty of stock). They just received a load of .223s. Associate didn't hear or read anything about stopping ammo sales. In terms of firearms, he said it pertains to all the other WallyWorlds outside of the PRK.

Don the savage
05-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Some walmarts discontinue ammo under pressure from leftist city councils. For example the walmart in Pomona does not sell ammo. That doesn't stop the walmart in chino hills three off ramps down the freeway from selling it. So the walmart in the LBC may be under pressure to protect the children from gangstas like the one in Pomona.

Markus
05-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Yup just picked up some ammo yesterday from the aliso viejo wm.

LovingTheYear1911
05-11-2011, 11:34 AM
So if walmart brings back firearms, will it be only long rifles and shotguns or pistols as well?

Jack L
05-11-2011, 12:12 PM
????

I agree. I buy the value packs here and it's the least expensive of anywhere I can find. Online buying has the shipping that never seem to be any cheaper by the time you get it to your door. I like the value packs for target work. And lately Wal-Mart has plenty of 9mm, .40 and .45 ammo.

glockk9mm
05-11-2011, 12:16 PM

About a week ago I was also at the lakewood store and was told the exact same thing by the sells person, I didn't get his name but he was a tall dude bald with a blonde beard that told me that. I went to Cerritos and pico Rivera stores and asked them and they said they were not aware of them not selling ammo in the near future and that theyre still receiving shipments weekly. The guy at the Lakewood store even said to call 1800-walmart and request that store # 2609 does not stop selling ammo, I took it as fud when he told me this tho

tomah
05-11-2011, 12:23 PM
About a week ago I was also at the lakewood store and was told the exact same thing by the sells person, I didn't get his name but he was a tall dude bald with a blonde beard that told me that. I went to Cerritos and pico Rivera stores and asked them and they said they were not aware of them not selling ammo in the near future and that theyre still receiving shipments weekly. The guy at the Lakewood store even said to call 1800-walmart and request that store # 2609 does not stop selling ammo, I took it as fud when he told me this tho

was he the big grumpy looking guy? hes really cool though once he starts talking to you.

glockk9mm
05-11-2011, 12:29 PM
was he the big grumpy looking guy? hes really cool though once he starts talking to you.

Yes he was I say about 6'2" kind of heavy, and he was very cool and even carried a conversation on why he was dissagreeing with corporate on the decission they made not to sell ammo

tomah
05-11-2011, 1:10 PM
yah!

heavyzevy
05-11-2011, 3:48 PM

Yes that him! I really hope they don't stop selling ammo there! It's so convenient for me!

Echidin
05-11-2011, 3:59 PM

So does the one near my house.

Khram
05-11-2011, 4:03 PM
Someone that is on this thread used to gouge ammo on cgn during the Obama panic:eek:

JayCo
05-11-2011, 4:09 PM
You guys are lucky.....half the walmarts in the bay area dont sell ammo (Contra Costa and Alameda County) and the rest of them have empty shelves most of the time (if you dont get there the day they get a delivery you can forget about buying any 45ACP)

RippSpeed
05-11-2011, 4:20 PM
this is true... most walmarts I've been to Lakewood, Long Beach, & Rowland Heights dont sell ammo...

G60
05-11-2011, 4:21 PM
@BernardKaram
Currently walmart only sells pistols in Alaska, and only by special order. I doubt any state in the CONUS will see handgun sales anytime soon. They will handle PPT's though with no exorbitant fees.

Can't buy anything here
05-11-2011, 5:16 PM
Speaking of Walmart...

http://www.theonion.com/video/hostages-trapped-inside-walmart-insisting-they-nev,20362/

Cokebottle
05-11-2011, 6:07 PM
100rd's for 22-23? dang.. Wish I would of seen that.. (Though they didn't have anything really in stock when I was there) I ended up spending 27-28 on 100 rds at turners. =( Though sometimes on Wednesday turners sells their chepie 50rd box of 9mm stuff for 9.99
Chino Hills had over 10 boxes in the case last week. Glendora and Industry had at least 20 boxes this week Monday and Tuesday.
Pomona doesn't sell ammo.

Cokebottle
05-11-2011, 6:13 PM
this is true... most walmarts I've been to Lakewood, Long Beach, & Rowland Heights dont sell ammo...
Where is the Rowland Heights store?
I know of Industry (Azusa at the 60 on Gale) and I just bought two boxes of 555 yesterday... they had at least 40 boxes, and plenty of WWB in pretty much all calibers, CCI, Remington, you name it.
Other than the prices, it was just like 2004 again!

wild_weasel
05-11-2011, 7:51 PM
When I was home on leave from Afghanistan (April 10 to April 30) the Wal-Mart in Huntington Beach was always well stocked with WWB 9mm and Federal 45ACP. The HB store is only a block from the Firing Line so they have good turn over on ammo. Took my son shooting at the Firing Line for the first time and we had a blast!

Cheers,
W-W

jw112
05-11-2011, 8:20 PM
I have no problem getting my ammo at laguna walmart

Norsemen308
05-11-2011, 8:31 PM
okay you guys panic'd me so i ran to orange and bought some ammo LOL.. no really i was replenishing the troops. Spoke to the manager at orange, he actually sold me the rounds!! He said that walmart will continue to sell ammo in CA, but some cities are limiting what Wally mart can do. LB LA Rosetta, cannot sell ammo because of things walmart had to agree with to get their stores in.. Makes sense to me. Manager said in the last 3 months they get ammo twice a week but I ant tell any of you the days!!! CAUSE I NEED .45 you bastards!!

Noah3683
05-11-2011, 8:50 PM
okay you guys panic'd me so i ran to orange and bought some ammo LOL.. no really i was replenishing the troops. Spoke to the manager at orange, he actually sold me the rounds!! He said that walmart will continue to sell ammo in CA, but some cities are limiting what Wally mart can do. LB LA Rosetta, cannot sell ammo because of things walmart had to agree with to get their stores in.. Makes sense to me. Manager said in the last 3 months they get ammo twice a week but I ant tell any of you the days!!! CAUSE I NEED .45 you bastards!!
That must suck. I can walk into either local walmart here and buy .45 any day of the week

Mr.1904
05-11-2011, 9:54 PM
Walmart buys 7million round of ONLY 9mm from federal. So much that the 9mm federal rounds at walmart are specifically made For walmart. Food for thought.

Kanester
05-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Walmart buys 7million round of ONLY 9mm from federal. So much that the 9mm federal rounds at walmart are specifically made For walmart. Food for thought.

7 million rounds/50 rounds per box=
140,000 boxes/around 2500 US stores
= Only 56 boxes of Federal 9mm per US store.

I know not all stores carry ammo, but these numbers also do not count any store outside the US (Canada,etc). Not that impressive when you break the numbers down to per store, but shows how much of a BEAST wal mart really is!!

Noah3683
05-11-2011, 10:35 PM
7 million rounds/50 rounds per box=
140,000 boxes/around 2500 US stores
= Only 56 boxes of Federal 9mm per US store.

I know not all stores carry ammo, but these numbers also do not count any store outside the US (Canada,etc). Not that impressive when you break the numbers down to per store, but shows how much of a BEAST wal mart really is!!

Well i'm sure at the minimum 500 of those stores don't sell ammo at all. Given the amount of federal 9mm i see go into the 6-10 or so walmarts within 30 miles of me, I would venture to say that it's probably a monthly figure.

cryoguy
05-11-2011, 11:31 PM
I went to my local Walmart and there wasn't much for 9mm and .45 but there was a crap load of .40

JaeFern
05-12-2011, 12:41 AM
I went to my local Walmart and there wasn't much for 9mm and .45 but there was a crap load of .40

Must be the same Walmart I go to haha. I guess it's good I own one and it's what my wife likes to shoot.

triplestack3
05-12-2011, 7:19 AM
What's up with that? The Wal Mart down the street from my house is kind of spotty in regards to what they have on the shelf, but they are always well stocked in .40S&W. For a while, I considered getting something in .40 just so I had all my bases covered.

Old4eyes
05-12-2011, 7:49 AM
A statement in this thread indicated that Wallyworld would still be selling ammo in Northern California. I think the statement is broad.

Walmart will balance the bottom line and politics of an area. Ammo is not and has not been sold at Walmart's in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. According to the Walmart employee who informed me when my local store stopped carrying it, it was a decision based on keeping the anti-gun folks at the county government happy. I would think that if the Walmarts in those areas had been making money hands over fist they might not have made the decision to drop the sales.

It was a sure deal that if the fingerprint/paperwork law had gone into effect that Walmart would have probably dropped sales. They are in making a quick buck, that would have slowed things down, not to mention keeping the records forever.

peter95
05-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Walmart in Torrance hasn't sold ammo for like 4-6 years now, but any other Walmart I have been to still sold them.... Maybe its just your Walmart.

762.DEFENSE
05-12-2011, 11:24 AM
I call FUD...every Walmart I go to that sells ammo...has the ammo literally flying off the shelf..why would they stop selling something thats obviously generating sales?

Sanderhawk
05-12-2011, 11:53 AM
What's up with that? The Wal Mart down the street from my house is kind of spotty in regards to what they have on the shelf, but they are always well stocked in .40S&W. For a while, I considered getting something in .40 just so I had all my bases covered.

When we had that ammo panic awhile back and everybody was hoarding ammo, the only ammo in the stores was .40. I bought my XD40 for this sole reason and I have never been out of ammo for this gun. I remember I couldn`t even get 22lr for my 10/22 but I could get .40. I love my .40.

tomah
05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
When we had that ammo panic awhile back and everybody was hoarding ammo, the only ammo in the stores was .40. I bought my XD40 for this sole reason and I have never been out of ammo for this gun. I remember I couldn`t even get 22lr for my 10/22 but I could get .40. I love my .40.

lol yea i remember when that was going on. 22lr was non existant. from bulk to premium .22lr. it was not available. even 17hmr was gone!

Mike27t
05-12-2011, 12:12 PM

Yes, please confirm which walmart your referring to. I have never found ammo in Noho, Fallbrook, or Porter Ranch. The clerks repeatedly tell me LA City does not carry ammo. The nearest walmart to carry ammo is in Santa Clarita for me.

rareair
05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
There are over 12 WalMarts here in San Diego, less than half sell ammo. I inquired about this @ the Santee location and they said some stores prefer not to sell. Besides Santee, Lakeside, National City, Lemon Grove & Eastlake all don't sell. Glad the closest ones to me (Murphy Canyon & Kearny Mesa) stock on a continuous basis. :D

'09CTS-V&'87Turbo-T
05-12-2011, 2:12 PM
lol yea i remember when that was going on. 22lr was non existant. from bulk to premium .22lr. it was not available. even 17hmr was gone!

Have you been buying any .45 at the Carson & Paramount Walmart?

'09CTS-V&'87Turbo-T
05-12-2011, 2:14 PM

Which Lakewood Wally World does not sell ammo?

tomah
05-12-2011, 2:24 PM
Have you been buying any .45 at the Carson & Paramount Walmart?

yes, my last trip yielded 6 boxes of .45 for me. i left 2 boxes in the glass case for the next guy :)

chad68
05-12-2011, 3:01 PM

LOL. I was looking to buy in Sig in 9 or .40 about a year ago. Was at Walmart and all they had was a ton of .40 ammo and a few boxes of obscure sized ammo. Bought my limit of .40, then next day bought my limit again, then bought a P226 in .40. I didn't really care if I got a 9 .45 or .40 since it's more or less a $$$ plinking/ collectable/SHTF Zombie invasion gun but the fact they had nothing but .40 was why I got the .40.

I never see .45 or .9 at Walmarts, so turns out the .40 was a good choice. Power and price wise it's in between a .9 and 45 but it can usually be found in stores unlike the other two.

'09CTS-V&'87Turbo-T
05-12-2011, 3:31 PM
yes, my last trip yielded 6 boxes of .45 for me. i left 2 boxes in the glass case for the next guy :)

What brand & type of .45 auto, please.
There's never anything there in .45 when i go.

slam128
05-12-2011, 3:44 PM
I was a bit surprised by the price increase in a box of 9mm @Walmart in Duarte a week ago. $22/ box of Remington 9mm!! The price a few weeks ago was ~$13/box. Are ammo prices going up in S.Cal?

ThortheDog
05-12-2011, 3:55 PM
I was a bit surprised by the price increase in a box of 9mm @Walmart in Duarte a week ago. $22/ box of Remington 9mm!! The price a few weeks ago was ~$13/box. Are ammo prices going up in S.Cal?

Was that a 100 round box? I picked up two 100 round boxes of Winchester at Walmart yesterday for the usual $23 ea.

rareair
05-12-2011, 4:12 PM

:eek: Are you sure you weren't comparing 50rnd ($13) to a 100rnd ($22)

triplestack3
05-12-2011, 4:19 PM
LOL. I was looking to buy in Sig in 9 or .40 about a year ago. Was at Walmart and all they had was a ton of .40 ammo and a few boxes of obscure sized ammo. Bought my limit of .40, then next day bought my limit again, then bought a P226 in .40. I didn't really care if I got a 9 .45 or .40 since it's more or less a $$$ plinking/ collectable/SHTF Zombie invasion gun but the fact they had nothing but .40 was why I got the .40.

I never see .45 or .9 at Walmarts, so turns out the .40 was a good choice. Power and price wise it's in between a .9 and 45 but it can usually be found in stores unlike the other two.

I actually wouldn't mind going to a LGS and paying $2-$3 more, but there's nothing really all that close to me except for Wal Mart. I solved the problem by saving up money and then having a couple cases shipped in... that's why the M&P40 keeps getting pushed down the list.

tomah
05-12-2011, 6:54 PM
What brand & type of .45 auto, please.
There's never anything there in .45 when i go.

Federal. 230g. Round nose. Only crappy part about federal from walmart is that they are small primer.

genesis121
05-12-2011, 7:49 PM
Just bought 100 rounds of .45 ACP from the Walmart closest to me, feel kind of bad I got the last box of .45 and there was a guy behind me wanting it to. I guess at .36 cent a round they go fast. Also there was a ton of .223 and .40 cal

LBDamned
05-12-2011, 7:54 PM
I went to the Walmart mentioned in OP (Paramount & Carson in LB) yesterday... they had ammo, I bought ammo... I told clerk I read that they will stop selling ammo, he said he heard that "rumor" too - and it's just a "rumor".

This is fact.

five.five-six
05-12-2011, 7:57 PM
Federal. 230g. Round nose. Only crappy part about federal from walmart is that they are small primer.

if that's where they are all coming from, then i hope they stop selling

I H8 SP 45ACP :mad:

triplestack3
05-12-2011, 11:30 PM
I was in WM tonight picking up some soap and I cruised by sporting goods. They were definitely freshly stocked. Picked up some Winchester JHP in 45ACP, a value pack of 357 UMC green box, and a brick of 22LR. My $4 trip turned into a $100 trip real fast. They're definitely keeping stock because new stuff keeps popping up there. They had lots of 9mm and about as much 40S&W too. They actually had just about everything. Life is good.

fit1977
05-13-2011, 6:19 AM
I went to the Walmart mentioned in OP (Paramount & Carson in LB) yesterday... they had ammo, I bought ammo... I told clerk I read that they will stop selling ammo, he said he heard that "rumor" too - and it's just a "rumor".

This is fact.

Which LB store has ammo?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

fit1977
05-13-2011, 8:24 AM
Which LB store has ammo?

Sorry just saw cross streets.

coyotebait
05-13-2011, 8:33 AM
I was in WM tonight picking up some soap and I cruised by sporting goods. They were definitely freshly stocked. Picked up some Winchester JHP in 45ACP, a value pack of 357 UMC green box, and a brick of 22LR. My $4 trip turned into a $100 trip real fast. They're definitely keeping stock because new stuff keeps popping up there. They had lots of 9mm and about as much 40S&W too. They actually had just about everything. Life is good.

What kind of soap were you getting?

Sorry, had to do it.

triplestack3
05-13-2011, 8:42 AM
What kind of soap were you getting?

Sorry, had to do it.

:facepalm

*Edit:
Was hoping for a smiley to show up :)

coyotebait
05-13-2011, 9:04 AM
:facepalm

Hey!!! Do it right!!
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk411/coyote_bait/101129-tactical-facepalm.jpg

trob
05-13-2011, 9:07 AM

i think he's full of ****. They dont sell cars either.....

'09CTS-V&'87Turbo-T
05-13-2011, 9:58 AM
Whether that particular store has ammo or not is open to debate. They have some of the less popular brands and calibers, but do not have any of the more desirable ammo. I did not see the WW HP nor did I see the W PDX1 bonded 230 gr. HP.
I did talk to the store manager today and he told me that he would have been one of the very first ones to see any corporate memos advising of possible changes in ammo. He advises that this is nothing more than a rumor.

SpectreZ91
05-14-2011, 2:20 PM
FYI,

I just got back from the Riverside Walmart. Their shelves were stocked nicely now. Guess I was just before their last shipment last time I was in there when they were empty..

Counter guy said they won't stop selling ammo. It's their biggest money maker in that department.

Winchester 9mm, 100rd's EDIT $22.97 <--- sorry. I put 29 instead of 22.

Cokebottle
05-14-2011, 2:38 PM
Winchester 9mm, 100rd's $29.97
?????
It's $22 in Chino Hills and the LA County stores for the 100rd packs.
50rd packs work out to around $32 or so for 100rds.

Turner's is getting $29 for the 100rd value packs.

1911Luvr
05-14-2011, 4:56 PM
FYI,

I just got back from the Riverside Walmart. Their shelves were stocked nicely now. Guess I was just before their last shipment last time I was in there when they were empty..

Counter guy said they won't stop selling ammo. It's their biggest money maker in that department.

Winchester 9mm, 100rd's $29.97

Hey, that's my store dammit- go get your own or at least ask me before you start buying my ammo! :rofl2:

SpectreZ91
05-14-2011, 5:35 PM
?????
It's $22 in Chino Hills and the LA County stores for the 100rd packs.
50rd packs work out to around $32 or so for 100rds.

Turner's is getting $29 for the 100rd value packs.

Sorry I put 29 instead of 22. Sorry for the confusion.. Not paying attention to typing..

Hey, that's my store dammit- go get your own or at least ask me before you start buying my ammo! :rofl2:

:surrender:

:rofl2:

Well right now I only have a 9mm and a 12 gauge so everything else is safe for ya. :p

Turf war!!!!! :eek:

I haven't see many people from Riverside here.. Howdy neighbor!

Cokebottle
05-14-2011, 5:53 PM
Sorry I put 29 instead of 22. Sorry for the confusion.. Not paying attention to typing..
No, you were right.
I just went to Chino Hills to check.
They have no .22lr, no .45ACP, no .357, and what little 9mm they have left is $40 for a box.

They have a butt-ton of .40S&W though.

;)

347 Stroker
05-14-2011, 6:32 PM
FWIW, wal-mart hasnt sold ammo in SF BAY AREA for the last couple years (at least not in the east bay). the closest ammo-selling walmart ive seen from the bay is in stockton, i stop their on my way to go camping. not sure if this was already mentioned in the last 5 pages of this thread but yeah no ammo in east bay walmarts.

NoJoke
05-14-2011, 7:38 PM
FWIW, wal-mart hasnt sold ammo in SF BAY AREA for the last couple years (at least not in the east bay). the closest ammo-selling walmart ive seen from the bay is in stockton, i stop their on my way to go camping. not sure if this was already mentioned in the last 5 pages of this thread but yeah no ammo in east bay walmarts.

When will you frisco types start standing up and DEMANDING some love from your stores?????? WOW.

1nickatnite1
05-14-2011, 7:52 PM

mountain view and milpitas walmarts carry ammo

Mike Sypher
05-14-2011, 11:35 PM
i went to the local walmart in San Jose looking for ammo, they dont sell it there. The worker told me they sell it in Morgan Hill (about 15 miles away) went down there and they dont sell ammo either. Guess ill just stick to Big5 when i need ammo on the spot...

347 Stroker
05-15-2011, 8:45 PM
good to know about milpitas still carrying ammo. i drove through this morning and wish i would have read your post prior to leaving san jose lol. too many hippies out here....

WOLFN8TR
01-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Read This!

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2013/01/09/walmart-statement-on-white-house-meeting-to-discuss-firearms

Walmart Statement on White House Meeting to Discuss Firearms
Jan. 9, 2013 - "Walmart, like the rest of the country, has been engaged in a national dialogue about the responsible sale and regulation of firearms.

"We have had ongoing conversations with the Administration, Congress, Mayor Bloomberg’s office, sportsmen groups, suppliers and others to listen and share our thoughts and experiences.

"Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires.

"Knowing our senior leaders could not be in Washington this week, we spoke in advance with the Vice President’s office to share our perspective. We underestimated the expectation to attend the meeting on Thursday in person, so we are sending an appropriate representative to participate.

"We take this issue very seriously and are committed to staying engaged in this discussion as the Administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the right path forward."

-- David Tovar, Vice President, Corporate Communications

rice_man
01-14-2013, 12:21 PM
I guess talks aren't going so well

http://www.therightscoop.com/walmart-not-ordering-more-ammo-until-gun-control-decision-is-made/

CNS NEWS – WalMart reportedly has stopped selling ammunition ahead of the Obama administration’s anticipated gun control recommendations to Congress — and uncertainty over what new laws may be coming.

According to the Investment Watch blog, WalMart Corporation will no longer place new ammunition orders pending “the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment.”

A customer stood with a WalMart employee as a call was made to the corporate office.

WalMart headquarters told the employee the following:

“As of right now WalMart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment. As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders.

“We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved.”

Old4eyes
01-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Could I see Walmart halt ammo sales? In a heartbeat. Yes, money talks, political correctness can be using a megaphone.

In Alameda and Contra Costa counties (Northern California - you know hunter territory) Wally World is not selling ammo/guns. My local Walmart had stopped selling guns years before they stopped ammo. Political pressure.

Now think if a state law goes through requiring paperwork and thumb prints ala a DROS to buy ammo. Walmart would drop ammo sales like a hot potato to avoid any screwups that might negatively impact the store.

NeenachGuy
01-14-2013, 12:25 PM

Interesting logic.

Will they stop selling motor oil, because they don't sell cars?
Will they stop selling lightbulbs, because they don't sell lightbulb receptacles?

Creek Johnson
01-14-2013, 12:28 PM
I thought cal gun members refused to shop at Walmart anyway? :eek:

esartori
01-14-2013, 12:52 PM
That's a bummer. I used Walmart a lot for ammo.

wurger
01-14-2013, 1:13 PM
I thought cal gun members refused to shop at Walmart anyway? :eek:

Didn't really like buying at Walmart, but there is a store 5 minutes from my house. Any other local ammo sources are at least 30 minutes away. Definitely inconvenient if they actually do stop ammo sales.

Marthor
01-14-2013, 1:34 PM
The older Walmart that is a few miles nearby didn't have an ammo counter.

The newest Walmart that just opened in Southbay a few months ago has an ammo counter!

Rorge Retson
01-14-2013, 5:00 PM
Makes no difference to me here in San Diego. Walmart carries ammo with higher prices than anyone online. I can order from PSA, Lucky Gunner, SGAmmo, etc. and including shipping, it is consistently cheaper than Walmart.

ArmedCMT
01-14-2013, 5:55 PM
So if Wal-Mart is no longer gonna be ordering ammo does that mean it will make it to our lgs or the online places we use?

gregorio
01-14-2013, 6:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/walmart-r...o-story/print/

WND EXCLUSIVE

Walmart responds to 'suspended ammo' story

Report states retail giant cutting orders, anticipating gun control
Published: 49 mins ago
byChelsea SchillingEmail | Archive

The blogosphere has exploded with outrage in response to news that Walmart is suspending ammunition sales in anticipation of the Obama administration’s gun-control recommendations to Congress – but the retail giant tells WND the reports aren’t true.

“That information is inaccurate,” said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman located at Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark.

WND then asked whether the retail chain is cutting back on orders of ammunition.

“No,” Hardie said. “We’re continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past.”

She said Walmart’s ammunition sales policy has not changed, even amid talk of gun-control legislation in Washington, D.C.

The uproar began when the InvestmentWatch blog posted a story headlined, “Breaking & confirmed: Walmart is not going to order any more ammo.”

CNS News cited the report, and talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh mentioned it during his Monday show.

According to the InvestmentWatch report, a man claimed to have visited his local Walmart and noticed the store was “out of almost every kind of ammo.”

“The manager I talked to said they had not heard anything, but she tried to order some .223 as I was standing there. She said the order was being rejected by the corporate office. Said she had never had that happen.”

He added, “She called corporate as I was standing there. And was told this, ‘As of right now Walmart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment.’ Said, ‘As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders. We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved.’

“So after they run out, there will be no restocking until Obama makes his decision. How’s that change working out for you now?”

The InvestmentWatch posting also included an audio recording which was purportedly taken as a man called Walmart’s customer service line.

“I went to my local Walmart to go get some ammunition, and they said they were out,” the caller said. “I was looking for .223. Are you all still going to be selling ammunition? The lady seemed confused about whether they were going to get any more in stock.”

The person claiming to be a Walmart representative can be heard saying, “You know, there is going to be a new policy change, according to the federal gun control act, the new law that the president’s getting ready to enact.”

The caller then asked, “Well, you don’t have any idea what that says, do you? Is that saying you’re no longer going to carry ammunition?”

The man responded, “To be honest with you, I don’t know what the policy is going to be, but I know they, but I was told they’re going to be reviewing it.”

WND has not been able to verify whether the man on the call was, in fact, a customer service representative for Walmart.

Earlier today, the CNS News report on the story had been linked by WND. Under the posting, more than 400 concerned readers had commented under the post.

The following are some of those comments:
•If I cannot buy ammo at Walmart, my wife can do no shopping there at all. That is not arbitrary, that is the rule of my home.
•Sounds like what happens in a dictatorship doesn’t it?
•It saddens me to see this happen. It is clearly a first step toward a socialistic takeover of our once great nation. Buy ammo where you can and seriously consider learning to reload your own. You don’t have to stop selling weapons if there is no ammunition to fire.
•Walmart is mainstream, and the sales of ammo there are as American as apple pie.
•I believe Walmart was threatened.
•If Walmart knuckles under to the administration on this, I won’t set foot in the place again. I hope Sam Walton figures the Chinese will support his enterprise.
•TRAITORS! Ban Wally’s World.
•Boycott Walmart, dump their stock.
•The cowards capitulate in the face of tyranny. Remember this and spend your money accordingly.

mlevans66
01-14-2013, 6:18 PM
Umm...I just came from Walmart and they now have Fed 100 rd boxes of 45. I have it seen it before so I bought all but one box. I think FUD is being spread around....again! :facepalm: