PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice: Which one of my toys should I get rid of ?

classical_buff
05-08-2011, 11:19 PM
I think I have too many of similar guns - more of competition/target gun

Browning Hi-Power GP Competition (a target pistol w/extended weighted 6" barrel and adjustable sheet metal rear sight)
Sig P226 X5 Competition
Sig P220 Supermatch 45 ACP
Glock 34 with Bar-Sto barrel
Glock 35 with Bar-Sto barrel
H&K P30L 9mm
Pardini GT45
Feinwerkbau aw93

What do you think? Which one(s) should I get rid of?

leelaw
05-08-2011, 11:22 PM
You should get rid of the X5.

I'll PM you my FFL's address.

;)

NewbieDave
05-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Since most of everything you have is 9 and 45... I would dump the 40 or the 22. I personally try to keep to 2-3 handgun caliber to keep reloading and shopping simple.

~dpc

ArkinDomino
05-09-2011, 1:00 AM
How much you selling that X5 for?

Colt-45
05-09-2011, 1:13 AM
Get rid of:

Pardini GT45
Feinwerkbau aw93

luckystrike
05-09-2011, 1:22 AM
Get rid of:

Pardini GT45
Feinwerkbau aw93

and maybe a glock.
the sigs, HP and HK are awesome.

sounds like you need a 1911 :D

jbe90
05-09-2011, 1:41 AM
Your least favorite one.

Bulleh
05-09-2011, 2:12 AM
I'll give that P30L a great home. She will be loved.

Teacher Sp Ed
05-09-2011, 8:42 PM
I am going to be in Ventura mid June and would discuss the Browning Hi Power, Sister in Law lives in Santa Rosa Valley. I carried a Hi Power in Viet Nam during the 60's and when I came home the new wife did not like guns. So I sold it. Wife left anyhow...should have kept the gun. Been looking for one ever since. Send me pm I will check to make sure it is open

gorenut
05-09-2011, 9:01 PM
I am going to be in Ventura mid June and would discuss the Browning Hi Power, Sister in Law lives in Santa Rosa Valley. I carried a Hi Power in Viet Nam during the 60's and when I came home the new wife did not like guns. So I sold it. Wife left anyhow...should have kept the gun. Been looking for one ever since. Send me pm I will check to make sure it is open

^There, you go.. help a vet.

If you put it on a list of potentials you want to get rid of, I think this gentleman just might cherish it a little more than you. Give it a good home.

PS: You got quite a collection. Would many most here jealous.
PPS: The fact that you're getting the most offers for the X-5 probably means you should keep it ;)

cntrolsguy
05-09-2011, 9:11 PM
^There, you go.. help a vet.

If you put it on a list of potentials you want to get rid of, I think this gentleman just might cherish it a little more than you. Give it a good home.

PS: You got quite a collection. Would many most here jealous.
PPS: The fact that you're getting the most offers for the X-5 probably means you should keep it ;)

Nail on the head.:thumbsup:

FUBAR
05-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I would lose the Super Match. I had one but didn't like the trigger pull or trigger reset.

The X-Five doesn't fit the BOX where the Glocks do.

These are the two I would consider.

ROTC sniper
05-09-2011, 10:40 PM
None. Why get rid of any?

zfields
05-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Dont even think about getting rid of that Hipower.

The two glocks are easy to replace if they are put on the chopping block.

classical_buff
05-09-2011, 10:45 PM

Sir, being a vet, you would be on the top of the list. But, I just wanted to make sure that you know which Browning Hi Power you are looking at. Browning Hi Power GP is a target pistol w/extended weighted 6" barrel and adjustable sheet metal rear sight. Is this same pistol you carried in Viet Nam?

knucklez
05-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Sell me your x5 for a good price, we're in the same area code too ;)

RenegadeRebel
05-10-2011, 1:57 AM
As I have stated in other threads, I am a big advocate of never getting ride of any guns. Period.

But if you really had to...Get rid of 1 each of your least favorite Glock and Sig...

I Myself will try my best to never sell a gun. How does that old story go? "When grandpa finally made it to the cabin in California from the East, he had nothing but the clothes on his back, a rifle, and a dash of pepper...He ate the horse long ago..."

redcliff
05-10-2011, 4:46 AM
I was waiting but no one mentioned it...so... I suggest you sell your Browning GP Competition.... out of state, where I'm sure you have it stored. Unfortunately it meets the definition of an AW in California due to the threaded barrel for the round nut used to hold the weight on.

Great shooting pistols though.

beerman
05-10-2011, 6:05 AM
Dump the Glocks, as they are the easiest to replace if you later regret your decesion.

NotEnoughGuns
05-10-2011, 6:17 AM
The correct answer is ZERO

crazychinaman
05-10-2011, 8:00 AM

Browning Hi-Power GP Competition (a target pistol w/extended weighted 6" barrel and adjustable sheet metal rear sight)
Sig P226 X5 Competition
H&K P30L 9mm
Pardini GT45
Feinwerkbau aw93

I say never sell the Browning.I have one also. Does yours have a parker or glossy finnish.

classical_buff
05-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Parker finish.

I say never sell the Browning.I have one also. Does yours have a parker or glossy finnish.

redcliff
05-10-2011, 10:22 AM

I hope yours is stored out of state also.

Fishslayer
05-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Either of the Blocks. I think you'll miss one of those the least. :stirpot:

Unless they're preban & you have standard mags.

crazychinaman
05-10-2011, 2:30 PM
I hope yours is stored out of state also.

No,Why would I store it out of state.I have it for over thirty years.My first pistol.I have about two dozen thirteen round factory mags for it.

Fishslayer
05-10-2011, 5:58 PM
No,Why would I store it out of state.I have it for over thirty years.My first pistol.I have about two dozen thirteen round factory mags for it.

As if it was needed, 2 more reasons to keep the BHP.

I kinda wonder why it's even on the list...

...unless yer just braggin'. ;)

tbhracing
05-10-2011, 6:32 PM

Get rid of the 45 and go pure 9mm.

redcliff
05-10-2011, 7:11 PM

Because it has a threaded barrel if its a GP Competition.

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding PC section 12276, assault weapon shall
also mean the following: Pistols
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a
detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward
handgrip, or silencer.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll137/ranjaz/gb2010jpg_thumbnail11.jpg

GWbiker
05-10-2011, 8:57 PM
You have too many guns? You're joking, right?

ZX-10R
05-11-2011, 7:08 AM

Sig P226 X5 Competition
H&K P30L 9mm
Pardini GT45
Feinwerkbau aw93

Get rid of the Glocks...You can always get one and some fanboy will buy it up in a snap. If selling quick and will little depreciated value is the question then that is your answer.

JTROKS
05-11-2011, 8:09 AM
Yup! If that wasn't registered prior to the AW registration deadline. I shoot USPSA matches and I had to get all my threaded and compensated barrels welded and install a blind pin to prevent removal of the comp.

Because it has a threaded barrel if its a GP Competition.

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding PC section 12276, assault weapon shall
also mean the following: Pistols
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a
detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward
handgrip, or silencer.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll137/ranjaz/gb2010jpg_thumbnail11.jpg

Teacher Sp Ed
05-11-2011, 9:37 PM
Classical Buff

Thanks I looked up the GP after I posted and realized it was a different Browning. Not having any 9mm at present I will have to pass on this one.But thanks for the consideration

03 over 6

coltguy
05-12-2011, 9:58 AM
I'll take the P220 Supermatch off your hand to help out. :p

45R
05-12-2011, 1:12 PM
All of them. :)

ragenmoan
05-18-2011, 10:27 PM
The Browning Hi-Power GP Competition is a pretty nice shooting handgun except is also has that stupid magazine "release/safety" POS feature that requires an inserted magazine to drop/release the hammer. Does anyone know how to disconnect/disable it? All the info I've found instructs how to remove this device from the non GP Comp Hi-Power models. AW...really!?

redcliff
05-19-2011, 12:16 AM
The Browning Hi-Power GP Competition is a pretty nice shooting handgun except is also has that stupid magazine "release/safety" POS feature that requires an inserted magazine to drop/release the hammer. Does anyone know how to disconnect/disable it? All the info I've found instructs how to remove this device from the non GP Comp Hi-Power models. AW...really!?

The magazine disconnect on the GP competition is unique and is held in by the roll pin behind the trigger in front of the magazine well. Unlike normal magazine disconnects on HP's, it does NOT affect the trigger pull, but I also dislike magazine disconnects of any kind and have it removed on my FN (not Browning) GP Competition that I keep with a friend out of state.