PDA

View Full Version : SKS Extractor removal/bolt disassemble

Nomad660
11-29-2006, 3:14 PM
I picked up a Yugo SKS and am cleaning it up. Trying to disassemble the bolt, and getting stuck here. The retaining pin will not budge whatsoever, whether light or moderate "tapping" applied. The extractor, when pushed in as much as possible is still held in the bolt, & does not come out either. Any suggestions/advice? I've searched several articles about disassembly, and they all show this as a simple, minimally explained process. I can see cosmo seeping out from inside the bolt, so I want to make sure this is cleaned thoroughly.
Thanks!

JPglee1
11-29-2006, 3:17 PM
Spray it out with brake cleaner and dont worry about taking it apart. If you REALLY have to do it, its gonna take some force. I had to really BEAT on it with my punch to get the pin out, its in there tight.

Might wanna LIGHTLY heat it with a propane torch and then cool/quench it with liquid wrench. The heat should pull the liquid wrench inside.

J

Nomad660
11-29-2006, 5:09 PM
Got it...Thanks. I did spray some break free and let sit, then talked a little more firmly with my hammer. It came out. Defnitely needed to take apart with all that goop in there, the pin was not moving freely.