PDA

View Full Version : Where in the Bay Area to rent Beretta 92??

mayo 111
05-08-2011, 6:14 PM
Im considering getting a 9mm, Id really like a smith and wesson 547 but since that seems like an impossible task ive been giving semi autos a try, i've rented the glock 17, 19, and 26, xd, sig p239, sig sp 2022, and a few other guns. None of them really wowed me, if anything the sig p239 was the most enjoyable to shoot and i did best with as well as it fitting my hand the most comfortably.

But I really want to try out the beretta. Ive been looking into getting an M9 but id like to try it out before i buy one. I remember a while back when I was 15 I shot a taurus pt92 and really liked it. But it was so long ago Id like to try it again.

So I'm curious as to where in the Bay Area I can rent one. My local range doesn't have one. I've been keeping my eyes open at the range to see if anyone comes in to see if I can give it a try but no luck so far.

so if yall know of anything, could you let me know? thanks!!

frankiejoe577
05-08-2011, 6:44 PM
Did you try bullseye I think they are still building up their range guns. Let them know you are interested in trying one.

Did you also try the S&W M&P? Its another one to try like the XD and Glocks and Sig

flyingjalapeno
05-08-2011, 7:08 PM
Reeds in Santa Clara has beretta's also try the CZ 75 SP-01

Old4eyes
05-08-2011, 7:12 PM
I tried to rent one at Target Masters a number of years ago, theirs was broken so I shot a PX4 instead.

Reeds lists that they rent a 92FS.

I'd call before going to Reeds, Target Masters or Bullseye to check if a) they have it at all and b) is it in working order.

Be aware that the sights on a M9 are different than a 92FS, so do some research.

ZX-10R
05-08-2011, 7:12 PM
Try the M&P as well.

beanz2
05-08-2011, 7:19 PM
I also tried to rent Reed's 92fs today but it is broken and was sent "to the shop". No ETA for its return.

unusedusername
05-08-2011, 7:22 PM
Jackson Arms usually has one, not sure if it is still there though...

mayo 111
05-08-2011, 7:25 PM
bullseye is my local range, they do not have a beretta for rent, but i guess i could let them know im interested in shooting one..

but thanks for the recommendations, hopefully ill have time to go soon. its finals week, so im suuuuper busy.

Be aware that the sights on a M9 are different than a 92FS, so do some research.

i know the sights are different, I just want to see how the gun feels and shoots. i did my research, thanks for the heads up though

NapaCountyShooter
05-08-2011, 7:38 PM
Center Mass in Vacaville has one.

Turbinator
05-08-2011, 9:56 PM
To the OP - just FYI, about a week ago at the end of April, I saw a decently good price on a used Beretta at Target Masters. You may want to go rent at TM, then go check to see if they still have it.

Turby

Ubermcoupe
05-08-2011, 9:59 PM
I also tried to rent Reed's 92fs today but it is broken and was sent "to the shop". No ETA for its return.

Bummer... Reeds was my recommendation.

mayo 111
05-08-2011, 11:02 PM
ill probably check out jackson arms, give them a call. if not i may just try out center mass in vacaville, the east bay is kinda far where as south san francisco and vacaville are both areas i tend to be near..

thanks for the recommendations everyone!!