View Full Version : S&W Bodyguard 380

05-08-2011, 3:22 PM
Will Smith & Wesson offer the Bodyguard 380 to California Residents?

Rudolf the Red
05-08-2011, 3:50 PM
At Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas, it already is.

05-08-2011, 7:19 PM
PRK in Fresno too.

05-16-2011, 10:41 AM
I can't find it on the roster - is it legal for non-LE? I'd love to get this gun.
Note: I'm talking about the SA pistol, not the Bodyguard 38 revolver.

05-16-2011, 11:45 AM
It is not on te roster, but some stores are bringing it on a Single shot exemption

05-16-2011, 3:10 PM
It is not on te roster, but some stores are bringing it on a Single shot exemption

How is that possible. Single shot exemption?

05-16-2011, 3:26 PM
How is that possible. Single shot exemption?

Basically it is converted to a single shot, you buy it, take possession of it, then you can legally convert it back to it's normal form.

read link

05-16-2011, 4:12 PM
I've just spent a while searching/reading through threads - I understand the Single Shot Exception as far as:

For a gun that is not on the roster, such as this S&W Bodyguard 380,

Order anywhere, have shipped to FFL outside of CA.
Have that FFL outside of CA modify it to Single Shot
Have them ship it/transfer it to in-state CA FFL as Single shot Exception
CA FFL sells to me as SSE
I now have Single Shot gun

Do I also get the original parts that the out of state FFL removed in order to turn it into a Single Shot?

Is it legal for me, as a non-FFL, to put those parts back on the gun to 'restore' it?

If I am at a range and a friendly LEO sees my 'restored' gun, what sort of reaction might I expect?

Thanks, this seems pretty exciting.

05-16-2011, 6:35 PM
If you happen to run into a LEO who happens to know every gun that is, and is not, on the DOJ approved list then chances are he is informed enough to know about SSC and will probably be a great person to talk to and buddy up to.