PDA

View Full Version : Putting Sigs customer service to the test(update got it back)

Turbo311
05-08-2011, 2:59 PM
I purchased a Sig 226 navy in December, After 700 rounds down range i started to have trigger reset problems. After many frustrating range trips and a few attempts to have the problem replicate for a smith no luck.

So finally while dry fire practice the gun it did it, except this time the gun went FUBAR. the trigger stuck back and the slide jammed. i was able to get the snap cap out and noticed the trigger bar has fallen back in to the frame and jammed up.

So i took the gun down to Bay Area Gun Vault, as i purchased the gun from them and they are sending my gun back to Sig to get fixed. So I guess the whole point of the post is to ask has any one had or seen this problem and has any one delt with Sigs customer service.

Interfan
05-08-2011, 3:20 PM
Sig's customer service is excellent. They will take care of you. Since this is a warranty issue, you right to go with them. If you call them to check on progress (they will ask you for your P226's serial number, so keep it handy), you can ask them who a local Sig armourer is in your area. This will save time in the future if you need repairs or you want to change sights or something.

9mmepiphany
05-08-2011, 7:26 PM
Sounds like a trigger bar spring problem (it is under the right grip panel)...it should be an easy fix, plus they'll look through the gun for anything else obviously askew too

AaronC11
05-08-2011, 7:51 PM
Outstanding customer service and I can't wait to buy me a P220. My SP2022 suddenly wouldn't hold the hammer back in single action. I called sig up and they emailed me a packing slip to overnight the gun to them for free. 1 week later I had the gun back and it's been perfect ever since.:thumbsup:

Turbo311
05-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks guys ill let you know how it goes with Sig.

bcpucky
05-09-2011, 8:23 AM
My CS from Sig is not so great. They have had my 2022 for the past 2.5 weeks, for the SECOND time after not fixing it correctly the first time. Total (Current) running time at Sig, 6.5 weeks. Total time of ownership, 7.5 weeks. They said they didn't have any barrels for my gun, so they are waiting for that. I mean, this is the FACTORY, not a local gunsmith. Anyone else find that a bit strange?

Good luck to you though!

Interfan
05-09-2011, 10:29 AM
My CS from Sig is not so great. They have had my 2022 for the past 2.5 weeks, for the SECOND time after not fixing it correctly the first time. Total (Current) running time at Sig, 6.5 weeks. Total time of ownership, 7.5 weeks. They said they didn't have any barrels for my gun, so they are waiting for that. I mean, this is the FACTORY, not a local gunsmith. Anyone else find that a bit strange?

Good luck to you though!

That does sound strange. Maybe call and ask for a supervisor. I can see that with a Mosquito barrel, since Sig doesn't actually make it; but not with a 2022.

Moto4Fun
05-09-2011, 1:17 PM
That is not really an issue with customer service. If they told you one thing and didn't follow through, or if they lost your parts, or charged you for something under warranty, or never answered the phone, etc...that would be bad CS. But if they gave you the straight scoop, but you issue is rare or there is a parts shortage, that's not the CS rep's fault. They can only do do much. Talk to a supervisor, they'll probably tell you the same thing. They can't make barrels magically appear. Maybe they can throw you a bone to keep you a loyal Sig customer. But don't expect the impossible to suddenly become possible.

chadd446
05-09-2011, 1:57 PM
The same thing happened to my 226 recently. The trigger bar broke. I sent it to Sig on a Friday, and had it back the following Friday. Sig was great, but it sucked that I only had two hundred rounds through a new Sig.

John W
05-09-2011, 2:29 PM
I've only heard older comments and they were not very positive regarding sig. Bookmarked as I am looking into one of their rifles and am hoping they've turned a new page and are backing their products.

Best of luck!

bcpucky
05-09-2011, 2:49 PM
That is not really an issue with customer service. If they told you one thing and didn't follow through, or if they lost your parts, or charged you for something under warranty, or never answered the phone, etc...that would be bad CS. But if they gave you the straight scoop, but you issue is rare or there is a parts shortage, that's not the CS rep's fault. They can only do do much. Talk to a supervisor, they'll probably tell you the same thing. They can't make barrels magically appear. Maybe they can throw you a bone to keep you a loyal Sig customer. But don't expect the impossible to suddenly become possible.

I respectfully disagree. First, I never said anything about the reps. No problems there. Customer service is the whole package. I ("customer") expected to be "served" with a properly functioning firearm upon purchase. That didn't happen. I expected it to be repaired (1st time). That didn't happen. Sent in again. Still not repaired, with no idea of when that will happen.

Saying that the Sig Sauer factory can't make barrels magically appear is like saying McDonalds cant make hamburger patties magically appear. They are kind of expected to have them available for the customer.

I know my situation is the exception rather than the rule.

rareair
05-09-2011, 2:57 PM
SIG Sauer service is on par, especially for the consumer. Can't say the same thing for H&K service though. They literally hate dealing with the civilian market, but really cater to Law Enforcement

SIGSHOOTR
05-09-2011, 3:39 PM
I purchased a Sig 226 navy in December, After 700 rounds down range i started to have trigger reset problems. After many frustrating range trips and a few attempts to have the problem replicate for a smith no luck.

So finally while dry fire practice the gun it did it, except this time the gun went FUBAR. the trigger stuck back and the slide jammed. i was able to get the snap cap out and noticed the trigger bar has fallen back in to the frame and jammed up.

So i took the gun down to Bay Area Gun Vault, as i purchased the gun from them and they are sending my gun back to Sig to get fixed. So I guess the whole point of the post is to ask has any one had or seen this problem and has any one delt with Sigs customer service.

Please keep us posted on your progress with SIG. I'm obviously self interested -- put about 1000 rounds through mine without any issues thus far (knock on wood). I can't imagine what could have caused such a malfunction. I've had personal experience with SIG's customer service only to clear up technical questions and they were always very courteous and professional.

Moto4Fun
05-09-2011, 7:03 PM
I respectfully disagree. First, I never said anything about the reps. No problems there. Customer service is the whole package. I ("customer") expected to be "served" with a properly functioning firearm upon purchase. That didn't happen. I expected it to be repaired (1st time). That didn't happen. Sent in again. Still not repaired, with no idea of when that will happen.

Saying that the Sig Sauer factory can't make barrels magically appear is like saying McDonalds cant make hamburger patties magically appear. They are kind of expected to have them available for the customer.

I know my situation is the exception rather than the rule.

Disagree as you may, Customer Service (by definition, and industry standards) is completely independent of engineering, production, and QA/QC, which are responsible for delivering a functional product. Because you received a faulty product does not mean their customer service is poor. Even if it was repaired and failed repeatedly, that does not mean the customer service is poor. It may mean they have quality issue, but it would not be fair to judge their customer service department or spread a bad rep for them if they have a bad product design or manufacturing process issue.

I work in customer service for a small manufacturing company. I deal with a-holes everyday that think they are special or the more they "tell us how it is" the better service they will get. We have to forecast part demands from our production department (just like the sales people do), and if our demand exceeds our forecast, we run out of parts. This causes your lead time to lengthen for getting you equipment returned. But if the supplier screws up, or the purchasing department can't get materials to manufacture, our hands are tied. We do what we can to make the situation right; but I can't pull barrels or hamburgers out of my can.

Do you yell at the cashier when the restaurant runs out of something?

Customer service takes a lot of patience due to the different expectations of different customers. Nothing is more trying than having a repeated and unexplanable issue. I am getting on a plane to Italy in 12 hours to look into one of those issues. I will let you know how it goes.

bcpucky
05-09-2011, 9:01 PM
Disagree as you may, Customer Service (by definition, and industry standards) is completely independent of engineering, production, and QA/QC, which are responsible for delivering a functional product. Because you received a faulty product does not mean their customer service is poor. Even if it was repaired and failed repeatedly, that does not mean the customer service is poor. It may mean they have quality issue, but it would not be fair to judge their customer service department or spread a bad rep for them if they have a bad product design or manufacturing process issue.

I work in customer service for a small manufacturing company. I deal with a-holes everyday that think they are special or the more they "tell us how it is" the better service they will get. We have to forecast part demands from our production department (just like the sales people do), and if our demand exceeds our forecast, we run out of parts. This causes your lead time to lengthen for getting you equipment returned. But if the supplier screws up, or the purchasing department can't get materials to manufacture, our hands are tied. We do what we can to make the situation right; but I can't pull barrels or hamburgers out of my can.

Do you yell at the cashier when the restaurant runs out of something?

Customer service takes a lot of patience due to the different expectations of different customers. Nothing is more trying than having a repeated and unexplanable issue. I am getting on a plane to Italy in 12 hours to look into one of those issues. I will let you know how it goes.

The OP has sent his new(ish) Sig in to the factory for a repair. I think he was interested in others' experiences with Sig repairs. I gave him a short summary of my current experience. I did not at all mean to give them a "bad rep". I am sure they are doing everything in their power to help me out, as I am sure they will do for the OP. Cheers

Turbo311
05-31-2011, 8:18 AM
Just wanted to give an update. I got my gun back from Sig last Thursday with a not stating that they replaced the trigger bar and shot 25 rounds with no issues. I took the gun to the range and ran it through its paces 200 round of my reloads and factory HP and it ran like a top.

On one other not I was a little unhappy with Sig for not cleaning my gun after they shot it. Over all though I am happy with the results and happy with sigs customer service. Also just wanted to say that Bay Area Gun Vault was very helpful through the whole process.

9mmepiphany
05-31-2011, 11:38 AM
On one other not I was a little unhappy with Sig for not cleaning my gun after they shot it
They don't clean them any more, because they were getting complaints from customers who didn't believe that the guns had actually been test fired after work was done...sometimes you just can't win

bcpucky
05-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Got my 2022 back from Sig last week as well. It wasn't cleaned after their test firing either, but I don't mind as it is fixed and runs as it should now.

PandaLuv
05-31-2011, 12:10 PM
They don't clean them any more, because they were getting complaints from customers who didn't believe that the guns had actually been test fired after work was done...sometimes you just can't win

Wow that actually makes sense. Plus it would give me another reason to clean my gun :D

OP, thanks for the update. I heard in the past that they aren't so good, but now I know

JosephP
05-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Their customer service is good but slow.

Turbo311
05-31-2011, 3:46 PM
I guess I'm just a little ocd about cleaning my guns./

zfields
05-31-2011, 4:35 PM
I guess I'm just a little ocd about cleaning my guns./

thats sigs way of telling you dont be OCD : )