PDA

View Full Version : AICS Stock

protoolsnerd
05-08-2011, 1:08 PM
Does anyone have one? I'm thinking of getting a b&c for my Rem 700 but after adding a badger ordinance floor plate to facilitate using aics mags it's almost the same price as the complete AICS Stock itself.

Is it worth getting the AICS stock or is the quality of the B&C enough to warrant getting it instead and putting in the box mag later on

.....also any favorite loads and ballistics for .308 would be appreciated.... I'd love to compare recipes .

Aaron S

kozumasbullitt
05-08-2011, 1:26 PM
I have a B&C A5 and it is great, I do like the look of the AICS but I don't like shooting with a thumbhole.

xibunkrlilkidsx
05-08-2011, 1:29 PM
try and use one before u buy. i did not like the ergonomics of it very well.

protoolsnerd
05-08-2011, 2:35 PM
Wow, that's exactly what i was thinking too.... i like the idea of it , but i don't htink i'd like the thumbhole stock. I like the vertical pistol grip-esque grip on the b&c.....what floor plate do you like ? Badger ? It seems super pricey compared to some of the other companies.

CK_32
05-08-2011, 2:40 PM
try and use one before u buy. i did not like the ergonomics of it very well.

+10

I think they are ugly as f but to each his own.. And have held one and hate it. Some people love the feel. If you don't like them check out McMillan stocks. Just as amazing but a differant more standard rifle feeling stock. I'm a fan of the A5 series from them.

kozumasbullitt
05-08-2011, 3:54 PM
I use HS precision with no problems but Badger is really nice, I wouldn't think twice about using a Badger.

Jonathan Doe
05-08-2011, 6:59 PM
I have one, but it is on an AI rifle. :)

McMillan stock is very good and cheaper. H&S Precision and B&C are good stock, also.

bcDeL
05-09-2011, 8:43 AM
I have no experience with the B & C, but I put an AICS 2.0 on my rem 700 308. IMO It's overpriced but I would do it again without reservations. It's easy to install and feels rock-solid. I would consider the 2.0 for ease-of-cleaning.

chuckshoots
05-09-2011, 10:51 AM
i was having the same debate when i started my remmy build, i ended up going with a mcmillan a5 and getting a used badger. The b&cs ive heard are very good especially for the price.

also check out manners stocks too in your search

Spetsnazos
05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
I have the 1.5 and I do think its overpriced but I would buy it again. It feels SOLID and its VERY comfortable to shoot. The only qualm I have with it is that the cheek piece raises you quite a bit higher and so I needed to go with a 20 MOA base + high rings to be able to use my freaking scope. I was running medium base + small rings on the original stock...

Detachable magazine is suuuuuper nice. I have 10 round mag and a 5 round mag.

Over the summer I'm going to make me some shoulder spacers for it because its too short for my use.

Keep in mind that its not a light stock by any means.

evollep3
05-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I have the AIC and the HS one and only problem is that the AIC is heavy compare to the B&C and the HS but if you get the B&C you might want to check out the Seekins BDM it uses the same mag release as a AR which i thought was way better then the lever one

Teletiger7
05-09-2011, 11:59 AM
I have no experience with the B & C, but I put an AICS 2.0 on my rem 700 308. IMO It's overpriced but I would do it again without reservations. It's easy to install and feels rock-solid. I would consider the 2.0 for ease-of-cleaning.

How is the 2.0 easier to clean than a 1.5?

protoolsnerd
05-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Awesome suggestions.....i'll be taking them into consideration. Looks like i'll get the B&C .... oddly enough from midway. For an extra 60 bucks i can guarantee i'll get it in the next month as opposed to 8-10 weeks ( according to b&C )

a1fabweld
05-09-2011, 1:27 PM
I run an AICS 1.5 on my 5R & it's awesome. Feels good, very practical, no bedding required. The weight is not an issue to me.

fishnfst
05-09-2011, 3:02 PM
How is the 2.0 easier to clean than a 1.5?

You can't get the bolt out with the 1.5 with the cheekrest on. The 2.0 is a folder.. Makes it super easy to clean...

Vu 308
05-09-2011, 3:04 PM
Get out and shoot an AICS before you buy. You will love it, or hate it. I personally cant stand them. McMillan A5s on all my rigs.

And yes, they are tanks!

Spetsnazos
05-09-2011, 4:06 PM
You can't get the bolt out with the 1.5 with the cheekrest on. The 2.0 is a folder.. Makes it super easy to clean...

This isn't true. I've never taken my cheekrest off and I clean my rifle and take the bolt out every time I shoot.

protoolsnerd
05-09-2011, 5:31 PM
I just can't warrant the price for what i'm getting. Being that this is my first upgrade i'm making to my Rem 700 save the KRG bolt lift knob... i'm going on more of a budget.

Now my decision is to go with the B&C medalist fixed or adjustable.....I mean for the 200 bucks i can get for the price difference i can put floor plate in for a removable mag. Anyone have a yay or nay on that one? Is the medalist that is full adjustable worth the money?