View Full Version : Sig Sauer Hammer Spring

05-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Has anyone tried installing a wolf hammer spring on their Sig Sauer? Does it make the DA trigger pull better? Thinking of buying this http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=118865 and installing it on my 228.

05-08-2011, 8:59 AM
It will make the DA pull lighter but may have issues with light strikes the lower in weight you go so be sure to test extensively if a primary HD piece. I usually test with CCI primers since tend to be on the harder side. Also be sure which spring setup you actually have.

older mainspring setup :

newer mainspring setup:

Each setup requires a different length mainspring. Also if you have the older mainspring setup, I recommend you go with the newer since much easier to change out with the plastic boot. Wolf springs has the standard factory spec weight on the new style at 21lbs and the older style factory spec weight at 24lbs so a significant decrease in weight to begin with when switching to the newer style. You would need to change out the hammer strut also when going to a newer mainspring setup as well. Good luck...

05-08-2011, 12:52 PM
The spring you linked to is for the newer style, short mainspring, has your 228 been converted to this setup?

The 19lb mainspring should be fine with CCI primers

I also recommend the newer setup with the polymer boot in place of the metal seat. The trigger pull, using the same spring weight, will be heavier to start with, but more consistent through the pull...the original mainspring setup builds up with trigger travel

05-09-2011, 7:52 PM
I'm sure it is pretty easy to do, but I'd feel more comfortable if there was a HowTo or video guide to follow if anyone has a reference.

05-09-2011, 8:39 PM
If you buy the Armorer's DVD, you can learn how to detail strip the whole gun