05-07-2011, 9:10 PM
If you slapped one of these on a Glock
http://www.mechtechsys.com/glock.php

BUT

added a "cheek rest" instead of a buttstock

Would it simply be a pistol?

shamu415
05-07-2011, 9:28 PM
CA will go out of its way to ban this. Its a nice kit nonetheless.

Oceanbob
05-07-2011, 9:30 PM
Not legal in Californistan.

Short barreled rifle Or AOW. No pistol grip. Once a pistol always a pistol. Etc..

Too bad. I would love one in 10MM.

Uriah02
05-07-2011, 9:33 PM
The barrel looks like it would be too long. I thought there was a 8.5" limit or so on pistol barrels but I couldn't find any resources off hand to confirm this thought. As long as you don't have a flash supressor, forward grip, or barrel shroud you should be okay according to the AW guide from the DOJ... I'm not getting a good vibe about this though.

Munk
05-07-2011, 9:41 PM
there's a thread about these in the 2a section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=429680). If the gun goes in, it can't come out or it's an SBR. (pistols can become rifles, but can't go back again)

If the barrel on this is too short, and you haven't installed it, but you have the glock... it's still an SBR. (constructive)

bohoki
05-07-2011, 10:45 PM
i too would like to know if it is installed butstockless but with a over 16 inch barrel does it cease to be a pistol

of course in california a autopistol with a forward grip is an assault weapon

duc748bip
05-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I think the op is thinking way out of the box.. It's not always bad either. If you treat the mech tech with out the butt stock, and as a extended barrel slide enclosing add on. Then it become some thing like a AR pistol while the in grip mag will still allow normal mag release. Nut as I type I think that won't fly. Because an AR receiver ext is an integral part for it to function. And a cheek rest (the receiver extension with out stock) on this assemble is not an part that is integral to the function.

762.DEFENSE
05-07-2011, 11:43 PM
No go, womp womp.