PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture??

50ae
11-28-2006, 11:19 PM
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2884/affirmativeactionfv8.jpg

PLINK
11-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Mag looks like it is backwards.

Santa Cruz Armory
11-28-2006, 11:23 PM
DOH!!!:eek:

50 Shooter
11-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.:rolleyes:

five.five-six
11-28-2006, 11:30 PM
who is a bigger risk with that rifle... her or me?

Charliegone
11-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Well..it doesn't looked taped or anything...so maybe it is backwards.:confused: wtf...

11-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Wow!! That is one highly trained cop. I feel sooo safe knowing that we have cops like her to come save my life.

mltrading
11-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, first of all, the direction of mag is strange.

Secondly, the officier's trigger finger is way too long.(like E.T.)

Thirdly, the angle of officer's elbow is too high. She should have her right arm "pinch" the weapon to get better support.

Are you sure it is not photoshoped?:confused:

Cobrarlc
11-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Amazing. Are they going to need to remove that magazine with a hammer? Maybe that officer should do a search on Calguns for a thread about proper handling of a rifile.

ghost
11-28-2006, 11:47 PM
wouldnt want her with me when shtf!!!

m1aowner
11-28-2006, 11:49 PM
This just can't be real. Anybody got video of this?

MonsterMan
11-28-2006, 11:50 PM
My guess is that the mag is attached to another mag. But backwards. So when the mag is empty, she can flip it and re-attach it. But the finger is long looking.

MM

50ae
11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Well, nice that ya'll can pick out the magazine but not one of you has mentioned pee poor use of cover. Why hang your whole body out there when you have a perfectly good car right next to you.

double_action
11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Hard to tell, but it looks like the mag well doesn't angle up very much, it's too straight. I say it's Photoshop.

five.five-six
11-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Well, nice that ya'll can pick out the magazine but not one of you has mentioned pee poor use of cover. Why hang your whole body out there when you have a perfectly good car right next to you.

err and shooting from an unsupported position with support 18 inches away :mad:

hoffmang
11-29-2006, 12:13 AM
Why is the trunk open?

-Gene

50ae
11-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Why is the trunk open?

-Gene

Probably where she got the rifle from. My guess is she has a shotgun in the mount up front.

The SoCal Gunner
11-29-2006, 1:03 AM
Finger looks long but I don't think it actually is. Her finger seems to be near the mag release.

For what I can make out, it looks like the mag is indeed in the mag well.

Another problem, aside from not having cover, is that she does not have her finger on the trigger.

The SoCal Gunner
11-29-2006, 1:05 AM
My guess is that the mag is attached to another mag. But backwards. So when the mag is empty, she can flip it and re-attach it. But the finger is long looking.

MM

It doesn't look like it's attached to another mag or the attached mag would be visible since it would be facing the correct direction.

JesseXXX
11-29-2006, 8:03 AM
Was she DOJ trained...? :D :eek:

xrMike
11-29-2006, 8:08 AM
There's nothing wrong with that mag -- the negative was mistakenly reversed before printing, that's all. :D

Will they even fit in the wrong way like that? I'll have to try that when I get home...

6172crew
11-29-2006, 8:13 AM
There's nothing wrong with that mag -- the negative was mistakenly reversed before printing, that's all. :D

Will they even fit in the wrong way like that? I'll have to try that when I get home...
Please post pics after.;)

rod
11-29-2006, 8:20 AM
She's not wearing tacti-cool eye protection.

The mag might be a cali-legal prototype being tested. It looks backwards so it couldn't possibly kill thousands of innocent people.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
11-29-2006, 8:46 AM
+1 for the cover. Shes a big target.

Duke of Lawnchair
11-29-2006, 9:08 AM
The pic is real and has been discussed over on thehighroad and ar15.com and I believe 10-8 as well.

This is why people should train with their equipment. I still bumble-fvck sometimes when doing speed and tactical reloads while moving while being timed. That's relatively LOW stress. I can't imagine how I'd fair in a OH-POOP situation.

TMC
11-29-2006, 9:11 AM
Why does the media call it a "weapon" when the police are using it and "an automatic assualt weapon" when you or I want to buy one?

Fjold
11-29-2006, 9:25 AM
She's aiming an unloaded weapon at a building. If she cycled the charging handle, she never chambered a round after jamming the magazine in backwards.

As far as finger length goes, maybe she just has long fingernails.

slick_711
11-29-2006, 10:52 AM
That picture is amazing...

The trigger finger isn't exactly combat ready, but being outside the trigger guard isn't a problem, its quickly remedied and maintains safety till she needs to fire her weapon.

The elbow cocked up like that does detract from her stability during fire though, and she has her head bent down to the rifle instead of the rifle placed properly on her shoulder; both things she needs to work on @ the range :(

The magazine & cover are the things that bothers me the most though, with a perfectly good squad car right there she has no excuse to not utilize at least partial cover, the roof of the car in that case would also provide her with stability in aiming. And the magazine... just wow... looking closely theres no way its taped to another mag, you'd see the other mag curving in the correct direction. Theres also no reason to couple your mags in opposite directions if it were a mag pair. It is definitely just a 30rd mag in backwards, you can tell that by the angle and distance at which it sticks down from the receiver, its too far and too great an angle... because it is just barely into the mag well.

I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt as being a good officer, but anybody, be it LE or MIL needs to train properly and have a lot of trigger time with any weapon they carry on duty... otherwise leave the AR in the trunk and pull your duty-pistol.

anotherted
11-29-2006, 11:33 AM
That is unbelievable.

Aluisious
11-29-2006, 11:40 AM
The elbow cocked up like that does detract from her stability during fire though
What fire? The mag is in backwards :D

mblat
11-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Is that photoshop work? Would explain freakishly long finger.....

50 Freak
11-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Where's that pic of the Washington DC LE with an Aimpoint mounted backwards on his AR???

We should have "I'm the only one professional enough" thread where we post pics and videos.

VeryCoolCat
11-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Did anyone consider that they were custom magazines built to be curved a different way for special attachments on the rail of a shortbarreled rifle.

Nahh I have no idea whats goin on :p

five.five-six
11-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Why does the media call it a "weapon" when the police are using it and "an automatic assualt weapon" when you or I want to buy one?

errr caus the only thing that was any good for would be to swing it by the barrel like a club

lol

Addax
11-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by TMC

Because we know how to insert a magazine into a rifle, and we are seen as the bigger threat. If that LEO had the mag in the right way, they would be saying that the LEO's were using excessive force by using an Automatic Rifle....:D

naimad
11-29-2006, 12:57 PM
shes the one who should have a fixed mag

five.five-six
11-29-2006, 12:58 PM
shes the one who should have a fixed mag
LMAO

ivanimal
11-29-2006, 1:59 PM
I blew the pic up as large as I could and it is 2 straight mags cinched together. Her finger is on the trigger, the thumb of the other hand it wrapped around the Magazine base for some odd reason, making it look as though her finger is a really long. At 800 times normal size you can see a separation beween hands. She is not using the scope at all as her head is above the scope line altogether. I think that is why her elbow is so high, should she lower her head and assume a more natural shooting posture the elbow is sure to come down. It looks to me as if they caught her in the act of standing up or squatting down. Other than a goofy off hand grip I see no foul, just an odd photo.

xenophobe
11-29-2006, 2:06 PM
You can't get a mag into the magwell backwards like that. :rolleyes:

Maybe that's why Californians need to pin their mags. Thinking silly things like that. Now really folks... It's two mags with a mag clip. :p

And there's nothing wrong with chicken-winging your rifle like that. As long as it works for you, then it's okay. Tactically speaking, it's a different situation, but a lot of competition shooters do the same.

pepsi2451
11-29-2006, 2:10 PM
the thumb of the other hand it wrapped around the Magazine base for some odd reason, making it look as though her finger is a really long.

She has a REALLY REALLY long thumb then.:D

pepsi2451
11-29-2006, 2:12 PM
Where's that pic of the Washington DC LE with an Aimpoint mounted backwards on his AR???

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2006/07/boomsticks-one-of-my-favorite-funny.html

While Im at it:

http://www.thegunzone.com/mos/fubar-ar.html

ivanimal
11-29-2006, 2:15 PM
I was paying so much attention to 800X the picture size I did not see that her other hand is on the foregrip. You can definitely see the finger curved into the trigger so I think the long finger, is some other material.

I am such a putZ

slick_711
11-29-2006, 2:18 PM
Ivanimal... what you describe about her hand positioning is not possible... you can clearly see her left hand and four fingers on the lower half of the handguards... it isn't physically possible for that to be her thumb behind the magwell. I also call BS on you zooming in to determine that, @800% magnification it is still a *****ty low res press photo* and you can't see anything I can't see @ 100%. No offense though. ;)

Xeno is most likely right about it being 2 mags cinched together, I forgot the design of our coveted mags has a rib on the back so they won't even go into the mag well backwards (I deny all blame in this oversight since I haven't dropped the low-cap mag on my personal rifle since before it was completed).

I still contend that that is poor technique and a stupid way to cinch the mags together, but it seems we were all quick to judge a low-res photo and point fingers at the LEO.

Uberdummy
11-29-2006, 3:37 PM
Looks like two 20 rounders clipped on my screen.

jumbopanda
11-29-2006, 3:58 PM
Two 20 rounders attached in an odd way.

Blue=inserted mag
Red=spare mag

http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/4206/affirmativeactionfv8aq1.jpg

bucac_tau
11-29-2006, 9:49 PM
She probably calls the mags "clips" too...