PDA

View Full Version : m&p 40c issue

Sam1
05-07-2011, 4:39 PM
I can't get a full magazine to go in the gun when the slide is forward, if I take a round off then it seats. Is this normal for all m&ps? I've tried two magazines and same thing. Does it have something to do with the mag safety? I've only owned sigs and never had this kind of problem, so I'm just curious

kermit315
05-07-2011, 4:43 PM
mags just need to be broken in a little bit. Glocks do it too.

Z_SprizL
05-07-2011, 5:03 PM
mags just need to be broken in a little bit. Glocks do it too.

+1 most new mags are like that at first. After a multiple cycles they should break in some...

G60
05-07-2011, 5:05 PM
You don't need to be gentle, it'll fit.

Fate
05-07-2011, 5:05 PM
Give it a whack with the palm of your hand to seat it, then leave it like that over night or for a few days to break in the spring.

Laser Sailor
05-07-2011, 5:51 PM
You don't need to be gentle, it'll fit.

That's what she said...

Sam1
05-07-2011, 8:25 PM
I'm gonna try your suggestions then take the mags out tomorrow at angeles for some range time and see what happens

carnelianbay
05-07-2011, 9:36 PM
Any chance that you’re having to force that last round into the mag, really force it? And If yes is the round tilted slightly upwards compared to the rounds beneath it?

Sam1
05-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Any chance that you’re having to force that last round into the mag, really force it? And If yes is the round tilted slightly upwards compared to the rounds beneath it?

I can get the last round in on both my mags but it's a tight fit and the round is in the same position as the previous round. I think this is why the mag wont easily go in when it's fully loaded on mine. Just a flaw with the mags I guess or they just need to be broken in.

I tried using a bit more force to get the magazine in and it went in, thanks guys! I also just came back from angeles and out of 200 rounds this thing had 0 failures. I'm going to leave the mags loaded for a while hopefully that takes care of it. Oh and I was way more accurate hitting steel targets with the m&p than with my sig:eek: the steel targets also moved a bit more violently :43:

Z_SprizL
05-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Good to hear. I've been thinking about getting a m&p40c for my next handgun... How's the ambidextrous slide release?

Too Slow
05-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Like others said, jam the last round in and leave it full for a couple days. Having a mag loader like the upplula makes this super easy. That may be the best gun thing I've ever purchased.

9mmepiphany
05-08-2011, 1:00 PM
It is just a tight magazine spring...S&W is just concerned that stacked tolerances would produce an 11rd mag

carnelianbay
05-08-2011, 2:49 PM
Check out the “resolution” to this thread. It might help.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=6357771

Jack L
05-08-2011, 5:45 PM
I can't get a full magazine to go in the gun when the slide is forward, if I take a round off then it seats. Is this normal for all m&ps? I've tried two magazines and same thing. Does it have something to do with the mag safety? I've only owned sigs and never had this kind of problem, so I'm just curious

I have a S&W M&P .45. Same thing.