PDA

View Full Version : Ppt on complete ar 10 Lower receiver

Nookieaki
05-07-2011, 10:11 AM
A friend of mine went to a gunshop in Turlock to do a ppt on a complete ar10 lower from another calguns member. The shop says they cannot do the ppt because it's a completed lower a federal tax wasn't paid by the manufacturer. If it was a stripped lower then it's ok? Any truth to this?

gotshotgun?
05-07-2011, 10:50 AM
No truth whatsoever, just another example of stupid people somehow holding an FFL.

goodlookin1
05-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Find a different FFL.

These people are stupid and should NOT beholding an FFL.

Or they just dont like dealing with black rifle stuff and made up some lame excuse.

G1500
05-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Was the FFL a bunch of old grumpy men?

Nookieaki
05-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Well the calguns member had to take out the stock, lower parts kit and handle in the store. Only then did the gun store owner proceed with ppt. . Both my friend and the calguns member said they've seen ppt on complete lowers before with no issues, but the gun store owner said federal law supersedes state law. We were shocked but still completed the ppt.

G1500
05-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Well the calguns member had to take out the stock, lower parts kit and handle in the store. Only then did the gun store owner proceed with ppt. . Both my friend and the calguns member said they've seen ppt on complete lowers before with no issues, but the gun store owner said federal law supersedes state law. We were shocked but still completed the ppt.

You definitely need to out the store.

Unless that was the only FFL within 100 miles, I would have gone elsewhere.

rareair
05-07-2011, 5:07 PM
All FFL licensee holders have different policies. Here in San Diego, there are a few shops that won't PPT AR pistols, regardless of the law or how "correct" it is. Turner's Outdoors (Chain Store) won't touch PPTs on rifles equipped with a RaddLock. Crazy, crazy :confused:

pewpewguns
05-07-2011, 5:29 PM
The gun shop i use won't touch anything but completely stripped lowers, its their policy.

Vanilla Gorilla
05-07-2011, 5:59 PM
The gun shop i use won't touch anything but completely stripped lowers, its their policy.

The FFL didn't say it was store policy he said it was federal law that you had to pay a tax on completing lowers and selling them he also said you are only aloud to build 1 gun from scratch (like a 80% lower or a ak flat) in a life time when I asked him where he got this info he said "call doj" so far I have searched and searched and there is nothing to back up anything of what he said also those forms he gave me for the tax are for if you are a weapons manufacturer I have decided we both got a big ol helping of FUD today

G60
05-07-2011, 6:57 PM
What FFL?