PDA

View Full Version : Gun Store Owner Said OLLs to Be Confiscated.

dhl
11-28-2006, 4:29 PM
Hi,

I was in a gun store today and asked the owner what he thought about the OLL situation. He said they were illegal and the DOJ recently put out a memo saying that next year they were going to confiscate all the OLLs.

Before anyone here goe's psycho, I'm sure the fellow may simply have not been up to date on info, or he's seen a memo the rest of us haven't. I don't recall reading any such memo and I think the owner's knowledge is dated and confused. Who isn't?

Has anyone heard anything knew along the lines of DOJ confiscation?

Joe

grammaton76
11-28-2006, 4:33 PM
The DOJ has put out several memos, but nothing about confiscating them next year has been said.

They're trying to update the rules to say that the fixed-mag kits are illegal, and you could maybe make the case that next year they'll confiscate all the fixed-mag builds they can find. But that's a really big stretch, and no memo has said anything like that.

rorschach
11-28-2006, 4:34 PM
Sure it wasnt Evans in the city of Orange??

TonyNorCal
11-28-2006, 4:44 PM
Many gun store owners are seriously misinformed about California gun law. It's really quite odd. One would think that someone would make it their business to know the rules and regulations that pertain to their chosen method of livelihood.

I'm not just talking about OLLs here. Many gun store owners are seriously lacking in information on most anything that looks military.

I think all the bad info that comes from these FFLs is combination of ignorance...and in some cases outright lieing...simply because they don't want to do a transfer....and telling you it's illegal is a good way to not have to deal with it.

Either way, I think the FFL is wrong...

1.) They ought to know what is and isn't legal.

2.) If they know it's legal and don't wish to deal with it that's fine...it's obviously their right....but they shouldn't tell fairy tales...I have a lot more respect for an FFL who simply says 'I don't want to do those, sorry.'. Than someone who makes up a bunch of silly nonsense.

SemiAutoSam
11-28-2006, 4:47 PM
Some FFL's also think somehow that a goofy MEMO from the doj brain surgeons constitute law and if they do their mistaken.

pnkssbtz
11-28-2006, 4:50 PM
How is their view on OLL's?

I shoot there sometimes since they are like 3 blocks away from my house...

If they are going to be misinformed about stuff like this I won't take my gun smithing needs to them...

TonyNorCal
11-28-2006, 4:55 PM
How is their view on OLL's?

I shoot there sometimes since they are like 3 blocks away from my house...

If they are going to be misinformed about stuff like this I won't take my gun smithing needs to them...

From what I've read here the guy seems to have an attitude problem. And he makes fixed mag Colts which sell for silly high prices...so he has a vested interest in disseminating bad info on other OLLs being illegal.

But I'm sure others here will chime in...Evans doesn't seem to have the best reputation on CalGuns.

pnkssbtz
11-28-2006, 4:59 PM
Well, that stinks.

No more business for them!

Matt C
11-28-2006, 5:11 PM
Yeah...Evans is known to say OLL's are illegal so that you will buy one of his his dollar colts that are converted to a fix mag. While I believe his "listed" fixed mag colt lowers REALLY ARE ILLEGAL! Even though the DOJ appears to be ignoring him.

Yeah, he is DOJs golden boy, I would not trust him at all reguardless.

Solidsnake87
11-28-2006, 5:22 PM
Yeah I always wondered about those fixed mag colts. They must be illegal since they are dubbed AWs at the receiver level reguarless of the mag status. If anybody made a court issue out if it they would win for sure.

azn_wrx
11-28-2006, 5:22 PM
Is this the Evans world shooting range in Orange?
I thought that the guy doing the Colt conversions was in the 949 some where.
http://californiabushmaster.com/
Then again that number could just be a cell phone.

Archenemy550
11-28-2006, 5:28 PM
you'll understand that we offer the truly LEGAL alternative that doesn't start with a no-name, "junk" receiver and leave you with a PARTS GUN that won't even impress you.
lol, what a fool. RRA is anything but "junk"

Then there is the fact that the DOJ, in the current list, and in the new memo is saying that no matter how you configure your rifle, it can not have a "banned" receiver..... yet they let Evan sell these.... but threaten a felony w/a mag lock kit. The CA DOJ is boot.

SemiAutoSam
11-28-2006, 5:31 PM
That website is another character that thinks he is selling legal AR15 weapons.

The way I see it's listed in the LAW as being illegal. And no matter what the DOJ says IMHO if there is no provision in the law for the mag wells to be welded up the receiver is just as illegal as the receiver of the same name with the standard mag well.

Aluisious
11-28-2006, 5:34 PM
Some FFL's also think somehow that a goofy MEMO from the doj brain surgeons constitute law and if they do their mistaken.
DOJ memos may not be law but they can ruin your whole day if enforced.

It's up to the courts to decide whether they are right or you are right. I hope you have a good lawyer, and deep pockets.

Aluisious
11-28-2006, 5:37 PM
Yeah I always wondered about those fixed mag colts. They must be illegal since they are dubbed AWs at the receiver level reguarless of the mag status. If anybody made a court issue out if it they would win for sure.
DOJ considers that the welding alters the receiver to the point that it is no longer the same as the original part, thus they are no longer banned receivers.

Aluisious
11-28-2006, 5:42 PM
Wow...that guys prices are laughable.

1800 for a Bushmaster and 2800 for a Colt...1500 for a Colt left handed receiver.

What a moron.

azn_wrx
11-28-2006, 5:46 PM
The guy seemed like a total *** at the Costa Mesa show about 6 months ago.

thmpr
11-28-2006, 5:48 PM
DOJ considers that the welding alters the receiver to the point that it is no longer the same as the original part, thus they are no longer banned receivers.

This doesnt make sense at all. So If I want a 308 AR lower say a Stoner SR25 and have someone weld a magazine to the receiver and send it here, I can legally DROS a Knights SR25 just because it has been altered? Wow!!! what a concept... I better get me a AR-10....:confused:

lugee
11-28-2006, 5:49 PM
The guy seemed like a total *** at the Costa Mesa show about 6 months ago.

ive dealt with him a few times. Everytime i go there, he gives me attitude. I went there once to look at the rifles, and i called him a few times about getting my 1911 refinished. Horrible customer service.

Btw, i drive a wrx too ;)

thmpr
11-28-2006, 5:51 PM
This would make a Cat. 5?

Spearodude
11-28-2006, 5:51 PM
From what I've read here the guy seems to have an attitude problem. And he makes fixed mag Colts which sell for silly high prices...so he has a vested interest in disseminating bad info on other OLLs being illegal.

But I'm sure others here will chime in...Evans doesn't seem to have the best reputation on CalGuns.

Went there to shoot at the indoor range, and got fed the sphiel about how oll's were illegal. I had a bad vibe from that guy, especially when he said "you can bring you'r illegal oll here and Ill seal the magwell making it a legal rifle." Needless to say he wont get any of my business, I think he tries to scare people into buying his stuff.

Archenemy550
11-28-2006, 5:55 PM

Where does it say that in 12275 - 12290 ?
or
California Code of Regulations (CCR) ?

Aluisious
11-28-2006, 5:56 PM
I read it somewhere recently, I don't know where.

azn_wrx
11-28-2006, 5:57 PM
What annoyed me was that you have to buy their targets there. I think ill stick with On Target or go to Huntington.

metalhead357
11-28-2006, 6:03 PM

LOL! Yep, thats what I was thinking. Dude, walk back in there and tell the guy unless he can produce the memo then he's full of it and needs to pipe down on the crack snack:p

LOL! Thanks! I needed that lil' goofy pick me up tonight; hearing about somebody this misinformed is a real hoot:D

dhl
11-28-2006, 6:42 PM
Hi,

No, the gun shop owner I spoke to wasn't Evans. I think he just figures it's a hassle waiting to happen and he doesn't keep very abreast of the information available.

hoffmang
11-28-2006, 6:53 PM
Alu,

DOJ memos mean nothing. Rulemaking that actually gets past OAL may mean something.

The only way your day is going to be ruined is if you run into a cop who doesn't understand the law. However, it will be a temporary issue and you'll be free and get your gun back if you run either fixed mag or featureless.

And DOJ has issued letters about Roberti Roos weapons that have been modified by an FFL. As I think about it, those colts could be prosecuted in a way a STAG never could. The DOJ is so wrong to approve modifications to named banned receivers as I reflect upon it... They have NO statutory or regulatory basis.

-Gene

thmpr
11-28-2006, 7:06 PM
Sounds like someone is giving some BS here.

blkA4alb
11-28-2006, 7:13 PM
Oh well in that case... :rolleyes: .

If you can't prove what you're saying, don't say it in a definate manner.

Fate
11-28-2006, 7:29 PM
Not good enough. Here at calguns we expect section, paragraph and line. Otherwise, you're just talking out your arsenal.

Whitesmoke
11-28-2006, 7:42 PM
Where does it say that in 12275 - 12290 ?
or
California Code of Regulations (CCR) ?

It doesn't....thats why they are still illegal.

bwiese
11-28-2006, 7:55 PM
It doesn't....thats why they are still illegal.

Let's back up for a sec and analyze DOJ's approval of Evan's welded-up listed ARs.

I too have doubts, ESPECIALLY if *true*, as-marked, Colt AR15s are welded up.

Those were truly banned by name by original Roberti-Roos legislation.

I suspect the EGSW/GB Sales welded-up Colts may be Colt Sporters or Match Targets - or even Match Elites, which are truly off-list.

However, the Kasler list (11 CCR 5499) was exclusively a product of DOJ Firearms Division. They have a right to manage and update that list - hell, they could even remove items from that list!

Thus, they could make the argument that a welded up Bushy XM15 or Colt Sporter is substantively different from the ones listed by those names on the CCR's Kasler list which the DOJ itself manages (or mismanages).

Does anyone know if there are any welded-up Evan's as-marked true Colt AR15s?? That's likely the only area where there'd be real concern.

blacklisted
11-28-2006, 7:57 PM
Not good enough. Here at calguns we expect section, paragraph and line. Otherwise, you're just talking out your arsenal.

He may be correct. In the past, the DoJ may have approved BANNED BY NAME (Kasler list) Colt and Bushmaster rifles for sale, because Evans Gunsmithing welded a plate over the magazine well. I do not have access to his "approval letter", but would love to see it. Such a declaration does not seem to be supported by the law. I do not think he has ever sold any modifed Colt 'AR-15' marked receivers.

However, I can say this with certainty:

Before acknoweldging Harrott (which took them YEARS), the DoJ allowed for certain AR receivers to be sold providing that they were modified enough so that they did not, in their opinion, fall under the irrelevant AR-15 "series" design.

Here are a few letters to support this:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ebolamonkey/generic1.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ebolamonkey/vulcan15.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ebolamonkey/homemade.jpg

hoffmang
11-28-2006, 8:14 PM
Bill,

To delete a weapon from the Roberti-Roos list, DOJ would actually have to delete it from the list. Continuing to promulgate the list while separately saying that the weapon is OK if modified in X manner is a criminal law no-no.

Criminal law requires bright lines.

-Gene

blacklisted
11-28-2006, 8:15 PM
In the combined (Roberti-Roos AND Kasler "series" list) published by the DoJ, original banned weapons are listed under "California Penal Code Section 12276(a)-(c) Assault Weapons List."

Kasler "series" guns are listed under "California Penal Code Section 12276(e) Assault Weapons List."

If their additions to the list are indeed considered to be "part of" PC 12276 (because they just define "series" as it was used in the original ban), what authority would they have to say that specific modifications make them legal?

Let's back up for a sec and analyze DOJ's approval of Evan's welded-up listed ARs.

I too have doubts, ESPECIALLY if *true*, as-marked, Colt AR15s are welded up.

Those were truly banned by name by original Roberti-Roos legislation.

I suspect the EGSW/GB Sales welded-up Colts may be Colt Sporters or Match Targets - or even Match Elites, which are truly off-list.

However, the Kasler list (11 CCR 5499) was exclusively a product of DOJ Firearms Division. They have a right to manage and update that list - hell, they could even remove items from that list!

Thus, they could make the argument that a welded up Bushy XM15 or Colt Sporter is substantively different from the ones listed by those names on the CCR's Kasler list which the DOJ itself manages (or mismanages).

Does anyone know if there are any welded-up Evan's as-marked true Colt AR15s?? That's likely the only area where there'd be real concern.

thmpr
11-28-2006, 8:15 PM
Let me get this straight... The DOJ approved a listed lower to be a non-AW because it has a welded magazine in place? If this is the case, whats the sense of having a Cat 2 definition? They cant go on stating that it was approved because it was not based on the original design. If this is the case, any listed lower can be converted to a non-original AR15 or AR10 design.

blacklisted
11-28-2006, 8:18 PM
Bill,

To delete a weapon from the Roberti-Roos list, DOJ would actually have to delete it from the list. Continuing to promulgate the list while separately saying that the weapon is OK if modified in X manner is a criminal law no-no.

Criminal law requires bright lines.

-Gene

This is true, but I think he is saying that there is no evidence that the DoJ approved modified firearms on the Roberti-Roos list for sale (only Kasler list "series" firearms).

Either way, it doesn't seem right to me.

FUSE
11-28-2006, 8:55 PM

Plus 100 to what he said....

PIRATE14
11-28-2006, 9:21 PM

They are bonafide Bushmaster XM-15E2S and Colt lowers......banned by make and model.......technically illegal but the DOJ says they are good to go?

So if you have a unregistered lower kicking around you could weld up the bottom and your good to go?????

Seems mighty strange to me but it's those guys in SACTO that we are talking about.

hoffmang
11-28-2006, 9:25 PM
How friggin ironic. The 58 DAs could choose to prosecute people who buy Evan's lowers and the DA would be right on the jurisprudence.

"But I have a letter from DOJ!"

My goodness Iggy and Alison are screwed up.

-Gene

five.five-six
11-28-2006, 9:34 PM

yea that was my first guess except there was nothing about 20-life the crime of not paying $1200.00 for one of evens stripped lowers

Adrian
11-28-2006, 9:43 PM
Question. So what if they make OLL illegal, what then? We have to get rid of them or just cant buy anymore?

five.five-six
11-28-2006, 9:44 PM
They are bonafide Bushmaster XM-15E2S and Colt lowers......banned by make and model.......technically illegal but the DOJ says they are good to go?

So if you have a unregistered lower kicking around you could weld up the bottom and your good to go?????

Seems mighty strange to me but it's those guys in SACTO that we are talking about.

evan has a californis AW dealers licence, he sells a lot to LEO's if you want to buy one of his rifles he will take it out of the colt box and wrappings for you, you pay him and a month or so later "presto wammo" he has converted a beautiful colt rifle in to a fab-10 :eek:

hoffmang
11-28-2006, 9:48 PM
OLLs will not become illegal without a new law passed by the legislature. You'll know MONTHs in advance and any OLL you already own will, worst case, be registrable by you.

-Gene

rorschach
11-29-2006, 12:56 AM
evan has a californis AW dealers licence, he sells a lot to LEO's if you want to buy one of his rifles he will take it out of the colt box and wrappings for you, you pay him and a month or so later "presto wammo" he has converted a beautiful colt rifle in to a fab-10 :eek:

Affirmative. Back before I stumbled onto Calguns and the OLL craze, I actually went to Evans and handled a few of these rifles with interest, one a Bushy, the others were Colts. One was a AR15 HBAR, the other a Law Enforcement Carbine (LE 6920 maybe??)

Evan's a tool. Its funny when OLL guys heckle him and the "California Bushmaster" guy at shows.

colin1
11-29-2006, 1:13 AM
What a slap dick like the OLL's arnt quality my LMT, RRA, and Lauer are as good if not better as my DCM Bushmaster and Colt sporter bought back in 1998. He's just upset that he cant rip Kilifornians off anymore. I'd take a RRA, or a LMT over one of his hacked Colts or bushies any day.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
11-29-2006, 9:03 AM
Evans,This guy makes me glad i live in Nor Cal.
Far away from him.

slowjonn
11-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I was at the Turners in Orange yesterday. There was a guy picking up an AR type rifle. It definelty had a welded magwell (like what Evan does). I couldn't see what the name on the receiver was but inside the box was a Bushmaster catalog. I'm guessing it was a Bushmaster. Is Turners known for dealing in these? I kinda thought they stayed away from these?

I didn't want to bother the poor guy that bought it to get more info. Just happened to get a glance.

blacklisted
11-29-2006, 11:06 AM
I was at the Turners in Orange yesterday. There was a guy picking up an AR type rifle. It definelty had a welded magwell (like what Evan does). I couldn't see what the name on the receiver was but inside the box was a Bushmaster catalog. I'm guessing it was a Bushmaster. Is Turners known for dealing in these? I kinda thought they stayed away from these?

I didn't want to bother the poor guy that bought it to get more info. Just happened to get a glance.

It was probably a sealed mag well Bushmaster Carbon-15.

slowjonn
11-29-2006, 11:09 AM
It was probably a sealed mag well Bushmaster Carbon-15.
Good guess I suspect. The mag well was definetely sealed. It looked to be metal though. I only got a brief glimpse.

EBWhite
11-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Turners gets like 1500 bucks for those carbon 15 rifles. A huge huge waste of money....3 years ago before OLL's my dad forced us to by a fab-10 - 900 OTD , complete with a SS barreled upper. not terrible but not as bad as what the fools spend at turners on sealed mag junk

Addax
11-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi,

No, the gun shop owner I spoke to wasn't Evans. I think he just figures it's a hassle waiting to happen and he doesn't keep very abreast of the information available.

Is this dealer out of Huntington Beach in Orange County? If so, I have run into him before at the Glendale show a few months back (I think May). I don't remember his name, but he was so Anti OLL and a big JERK!!!

He was selling the sealed off Fab 10 and Bushmaster receivers and he was building AR rifles starting at $1200 using these receivers and DPMS uppers. His Target rifles were starting at over $2k and I just wanted to vomit on the spot. :eek:

I was curious and asked him how the OLL were not legal, and he kept droaning on about how he has a letter from the DOJ stating that they are going to go after all the dealers in the state bringing in and selling OLL's and make it illegal to purchase OLL's in the State. He kept droaning on for a few minutes more about how his stuff is 100% legal and none of his customers need to worry about the DOJ knocking on their door to confiscate their AR's that he builds because the DOJ has given him their blessings.....

Not sure if it is the same guy, but there are dealers out there that do not care to read the law and see how much it is made up of Swiss Cheese and at this point, it is going to be a huge issue if DOJ makes any attempt to make OLL illegal.

They were responsible for the holes in their laws, AB and Regulations, that eventually broke open and flooded the state, and they can't just blame us (those who purchased OLL's legally and built rifles legally within the provisions of the the different laws) and make us clean up their mess.

five.five-six
11-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Turners gets like 1500 bucks for those carbon 15 rifles. A huge huge waste of money....3 years ago before OLL's my dad forced us to by a fab-10 - 900 OTD , complete with a SS barreled upper. not terrible but not as bad as what the fools spend at turners on sealed mag junk

ade has one for ~ $1k as they are 950+ shipping on gunbroker

five.five-six
11-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Far away from him.

most of the people that work there are real cool and evan even softens up after a while

Matt C
11-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Far away from him.

This is his site: http://www.egsw.com

From same: It should be noted that because we are proud to be Americans, and while we love to help our clients, Evan's Gunsmithing respectfully declines to perform gunsmithing on any Communist Bloc weapons (AK, SKS, etc.).

The guy is a tool.

Addax
11-29-2006, 11:51 AM
The guy is a tool.[/QUOTE]

No, a Power Tool!:D

Archenemy550
11-29-2006, 4:23 PM
hehe
He also fails at capitalism.... look at his prices!!!
A true American gouging and telling lies to customers about our 2nd A so he can make a quick buck and keep the CA Govt. happy? Please.... most un-American thing I have heard of.

allenst65
11-29-2006, 4:56 PM
hehe
He also fails at capitalism.... look at his prices!!!
A true American gouging and telling lies to customers about our 2nd A so he can make a quick buck and keep the CA Govt. happy? Please.... most un-American thing I have heard of.

Evan certainly bends the facts to suit his agenda.

Two years ago I saw a HK P7M13 listed on an auction site and tracked it to his store. I went to see it and it was immaculate, but the price was outrageous. I noticed the two original mags and asked if he was selling this as LEO or if he would reduce the price to sell without the mags since he couldn't sell it to me as is. He said he could sell it since those were 10 round mags. I popped the one out of the pistol, looked at it and said "this is an original mag that holds 13 ... did they ever make 10 round mags?" Noticeably pissed, he just glared back and barked "it IS a 10 round mag". I thought yeah it holds 10 ... it also holds 11, 12 or 13 rounds but that is not the point.

What got me was his closing line. He said this was from his personal collection and he would sell it to me private party with the mags, but since he was conducting the sale at his store he would have to charge sales tax. Somehow I got the feeling any sales tax collected would mysteriously end up in his own pocket.

Shorlty after this, I saw him at the Costa Mesa show with his welded up ARs. Two young and very new Marines were eyeballing them and seemed amazed that were on display for sale. Evan kept going on and on about how he could sell them an AR on the spot and "I'm the only one authorized to sell this and I have a letter to prove it". I stood on the side waiting to see if they would catch the fact these didn't have open mag wells or if this tool would ever give in and be honest with his fellow Marines. After a few minutes they poked and finally figured out it couldn't accept a mag. Evan again just said how only he was allowed to do this modification and even pulled out some letter in a plastic sleeve from the DOJ to show them.

"Tool" doesn't describe this idiot. He plays up his connection to Law Enforcement and the Marines, but Semper Fi be damned, he'd screw anyone to make a buck.

Matt C
11-29-2006, 4:58 PM
Side note, I called him today about recieving a preban M1a and taking the flash hider off so he can sell it to me. Perfectly legal for him to do since he has an AW permit. He told me to buy a new (CA model SAI) M1a from him, I said no, and said too bad, he won't accept the preban. I really hate that guy now. Considering the DOJ won't issue any more AW permits as long as the current holders are active, his attitude is really intolerable.

Archenemy550
11-29-2006, 5:21 PM
I bet he would make 2-3 times as much if he was outgoing and respectful. He has an AW permit. I mean, he can import AK's and fix up the mag with a lock kit and sell it for $300. People would eat those up.

el_hombre70
11-29-2006, 6:18 PM
knock knock
CAL DOJ Agent: Hi, we are here to confiscate your Sun Devil lower.
Me: Welcome to Washington, f@ck off! SLAM

What are they gonna do if it was lost in a boating accident the day before? I suspect there will be a whole lot of boating accidents:cool:

I am SO glad I moved out of that place but I am also glad there are those that stay and fight because I have a feeling that someday those of us in FREE states may be in the same boat again. Keep up the good work.

Richard
11-29-2006, 9:31 PM
You guys crack me up....every time I see an Evan's encounter story:D

I usually stay away from bad mouthing people, but he certainly deserves it. I really don't know why he bothered showing up with all his goodies at the gunshows. His people skills certainly sucked.

I think we we can probably start a why "I think Evan is a %^&" thread and keep it going as long as the 10 paages:D

I better stop now:p

Cthulu
11-29-2006, 9:34 PM
It All Sounds Like a serious Load Of BullS**T to me...

Buford
11-30-2006, 1:50 AM
Ok what is a OLL

Archenemy550
11-30-2006, 11:57 AM
OLL = Off List Lower
Receivers that are not named on the RR89, or Kasler list.
Normally when people say OLL, they are refering to AR-15 style receivers, or legally built AR's. Tho it can also mean AK, FAL etc

I suggest you also read the OLL FAQ on the Calguns main page.

rorschach
11-30-2006, 12:10 PM
OLL = Off List Lower
Receivers that are not named on the RR89, or Kasler list.
Normally when people say OLL, they are refering to AR-15 style receivers, or legally built AR's. Tho it can also mean AK, FAL etc

I think next time someone refers to an AK or FAL as being an OLL im gonna kill something.:mad:

AR's people, AR'S!!!

five.five-six
11-30-2006, 12:25 PM
You guys crack me up....every time I see an Evan's encounter story:D

I usually stay away from bad mouthing people, but he certainly deserves it. I really don't know why he bothered showing up with all his goodies at the gunshows. His people skills certainly sucked.

I think we we can probably start a why "I think Evan is a %^&" thread and keep it going as long as the 10 paages:D

I better stop now:p

ok I did it. this shuld be fun "I think Evan is a %^&" and poll (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=43128)

M14Gunman
11-30-2006, 1:23 PM
As I understand it:

These OLL lowers are being DROSed as long guns. After 30 days the record should be destroyed so it would be legally impossible for them to come back a couple months from now and know how many OLL lowers had been sold and to whom.

The only thing they could do is harrass people like 10% who they know sold large quantities and look at their books to backtrack. I'm not sure if that would be legal though.

hoffmang
11-30-2006, 1:43 PM
Rorsarch,

Isn't an AK receiver that is not on the Kasler list an Off List Receiver and hence an OLL?

-Gene

SemiAutoSam
11-30-2006, 1:50 PM
Technically no as its not a lower receiver its just a Receiver same with the FN FAL receiver and others where they are not a lower receiver.

SO in reality you could call them OLR "Off List Receive"r but not OLL Off List Lower.

Isn't an AK receiver that is not on the Kasler list an Off List Receiver and hence an OLL?

-Gene

rorschach
11-30-2006, 3:31 PM
Rorschach,

-Gene

^^^ What Sammy said.