PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreed Supertuck?

Z_SprizL
05-07-2011, 3:58 AM
I bought a Supertuck Deluxe in black cowhide from Crossbreed about 6 months ago and everytime I wear this holster I like it more and more. When I'm using a good gun belt I sometimes can't even feel it and I have a full size P99. The Supertuck conceals so much that even with just a loose t-shirt it's very unnoticeable.

Anybody else use this for their IWB holster? Did you get the combat cut?

fonzy
05-07-2011, 6:32 AM
Yup. Kind of pricey but it's worth it. Conceals my Colt Commander.

Hozr
05-07-2011, 8:34 AM
Glock 22 and 27. I ordered the horse hide w/o combat cut but ended up trimming it so I could get a better grip for drawing. The rtf of my g22 is PAINFUL with the cutout but I don't even notice the 27.

rgs1975
05-07-2011, 8:58 AM
Best available IMO.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2473/holster1i.jpg

fuenstock
05-07-2011, 9:47 AM
Will the same holster work for glock 26, 19, 17? Also wondering if I should get the non combat cut and trim myself as needed. I'll be using with a Gen 4 glock thats got a ruff texture that my bother after extended wear time.

mugiwara
05-07-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6n4rAaILcI

you should check out the maxtuck by white hat holsters. i was between a galco kingtuk and the crossbreed supertuck, but i went with white hats offering and it is better and lower priced. TUCK. TUCKTUCK. sorry, tuck overload.

fonzy
05-07-2011, 3:31 PM
I always wear a tank top underneath,so the holster or firearm doesn't rub against my delicate belly.

Fjold
05-07-2011, 5:18 PM
I just took mine off about 15 minutes ago, I put it on at 5:45 this morning.

707electrician
05-07-2011, 5:24 PM
I plan on getting one after I pick up my EMP

Z_SprizL
05-07-2011, 5:41 PM

Order in advance because that's one of the downsides with Crossbreed being such a small company it seems to take awhile from the time the order is placed to the actual delivery.

Rocket Man
05-07-2011, 5:49 PM

707-NICE!!!
Posting from the 707 here also.
I'm getting the EMP40 with G10 grips here :D
I have the Crossbreed and really like it, I've been using it with my TLE/RL and love-it.
Cant wait to get the EMP this month :D
....did I mention I can't wait :D
man I hate the 30 day wait...

Rocket Man
05-07-2011, 5:50 PM
Oh ya BullsEye in San Rafael stocks the crossbreed FYI

nosuchagency
05-07-2011, 5:59 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/bcnoda/sigcbbm.jpg
carries my 228 wonderfully. my only issue was the 6 week wait...

707electrician
05-07-2011, 6:09 PM
707-NICE!!!
Posting from the 707 here also.
I'm getting the EMP40 with G10 grips here :D
I have the Crossbreed and really like it, I've been using it with my TLE/RL and love-it.
Cant wait to get the EMP this month :D
....did I mention I can't wait :D
man I hate the 30 day wait...

NICE! Im going with the 9mm. I also sent a check to Larry Davidson and he is going to be making me a set of his G10 horned lizzards.

30 days?! Did you just buy a handgun recently? Luckily my 30 days was up the day I went in and paid for my EMP, I get to pick it up on Tuesday. I can't wait.

Where in the 707 are you? And how do you like your TLE/RL, I was considering getting one of those as well.

RenegadeRebel
05-07-2011, 7:14 PM
So does anyone have any experiences with the Maxtuck like the one in the video previously posted?? From the video it seems like the quality is the same, and a plus to the Max is that you only have to buy a scabbard and you can use the same leather for all your guns...

Was wondering if anyone else has any first hand experience with them though???

RenegadeRebel
05-07-2011, 7:31 PM
Hey also guys, while looking for reviews on holsters in random forums, I ran across this link for a sweet gun belt...

Its called an "Amish belt." Doubt its really made by Amish people though...It costs about 30 bucks and seems really sturdy...

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_black_buy.html

iareConfusE
05-07-2011, 7:34 PM
No combat cut.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/iareconfuse/DSC02090.jpg

eldonvieira
05-07-2011, 9:35 PM
I like my kholster it carries my 24/7 pro great and conceals great. I ordered it instead of the supertuck because of price shipping was quick.

SA227driver
05-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I really like my SuperTuck for my Glock 36/19, however, I didn't like the huge metal clips that just scream, "Gun!!!" So, I went on Comp-Tac's website and bought some of their more discreet belt clips which fit the SuperTuck perfectly.

Vulture
05-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Love my Supertuck, carries the xd45 with a T-shirt as a cover garment. The Minituck is just as good, a years use in and excellent will describe it as well.

$P-Ritch$
05-07-2011, 10:15 PM
I love my supertucks for CCW. They also serve me well for IDPA. I can go to the match on a hot day like today just wearing a T-shirt and I am still able to keep up with all the guys that have OWB holsters and their goofy vests.

Z_SprizL
05-08-2011, 2:57 AM
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h478/z_sprizl/CrossbreedSupertuck.jpg?t=1304852172
My Walther P99 and Inova T3 flashlight

vNaK
05-08-2011, 7:24 AM
I also have a supertuck for my H&K USPc and CZ Rami. Very comfortable. I definitely got the combat cut for easier draw.

But if I had to go get a holster a second time, it would be made by another user named Kwart on another gun forum (can provide link if you pm me). My friend bought one of his holster's and it's quality/build is comparable if not very similar to crossbreed supertuck for almost half the price. $50 shipped for dual clips and it can be customized anyway you want for no extra charge (iwb/owb combo, combat cut, etc etc).

He also makes other holsters and mag holsters too. I thought the quality felt good and my friend got his holster in a week! Took over a month to get my holster from crossbreed.

707electrician
05-08-2011, 7:28 AM
I also have a supertuck for my H&K USPc and CZ Rami. Very comfortable. I definitely got the combat cut for easier draw.

But if I had to go get a holster a second time, it would be made by another user named Kwart on another gun forum (can provide link if you pm me). My friend bought one of his holster's and it's quality/build is comparable if not very similar to crossbreed supertuck for almost half the price. $50 shipped for dual clips and it can be customized anyway you want for no extra charge (iwb/owb combo, combat cut, etc etc).

He also makes other holsters and mag holsters too. I thought the quality felt good and my friend got his holster in a week! Took over a month to get my holster from crossbreed.

PM me some info on this guy

wuhungsix
05-08-2011, 5:06 PM
Got both Crossbreed Super Tuck (CST) and Kwart's Shielded Holster (SH). Ilike the Crossbreed a smidge better only because of the fit and finish. I got the CST from Midwayusa.com so I didn't have to wait. The SH was made to order and shipped super fast.

Here are some side by side pics. The CST made for a G19 but I use it for a G36. The SH is for a G29sf.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x74/wuhungsix/DSC_0891.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x74/wuhungsix/DSC_0894.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x74/wuhungsix/DSC_0895.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x74/wuhungsix/DSC_0896.jpg

Z_SprizL
05-09-2011, 4:21 AM
Oh ya BullsEye in San Rafael stocks the crossbreed FYI

I had to custom order mine because I'm left-handed and the P99 isn't that common.

Soldier415
05-09-2011, 6:16 AM
With my supertuck I can carry my EMP 40 wearing shorts and a tucked in t shirt and not even my wife can tell I am carrying.

Call_me_Tom
05-09-2011, 6:36 AM
I just received my Crossbreed Sunday so I'm still trying it out. I wear it with a Beretta 92FS Compact & a riggers belt. It took 5 weeks from when I ordered it to when it arrived.

SixPointEight
05-10-2011, 9:19 PM
You guys in CA with the crossbreed, do you have horse or cowhide? I was thinking of getting horsehide combat cut, but not sure if it's really necessary

$P-Ritch$
05-10-2011, 9:24 PM
I have the horsehide combat cut holster. At the time I didn't know what the combat cut was. Personally, if I could go back I wouldn't bother with the combat cut for $15.00 and just cut it myself. It does make the draw a lot quicker and easier, though. The horsehide, on the other hand, I feel is worth the extra money. It's a little stiffer and takes longer to break-in, but the lighter color won't show through white shirts and the tighter pores don't soak in water/sweat as much as the cow hide. This was a big deal for GA summers at 95% humidity and 95 degrees everyday. I don't know how hot the summer are up in Sac area.

Rock6.3
05-10-2011, 9:26 PM
How do you put the darned thing on? (the supertuck holster)

SixPointEight
05-10-2011, 9:26 PM
I have the horsehide combat cut holster. At the time I didn't know what the combat cut was. Personally, if I could go back I wouldn't bother with the combat cut for $15.00 and just cut it myself. It does make the draw a lot quicker and easier, though. The horsehide, on the other hand, I feel is worth the extra money. It's a little stiffer and takes longer to break-in, but the lighter color won't show through white shirts and the tighter pores don't soak in water/sweat as much as the cow hide. This was a big deal for GA summers at 95% humidity and 95 degrees everyday. I don't know how hot the summer are up in Sac area.

Well I don't know about the 95% humidity, but we break 100 degrees regularly.

$P-Ritch$
05-10-2011, 9:33 PM
How do you put the darned thing on? (the supertuck holster)

It just gets pushed down onto your belt. The bottom of the clips are open ended. I just put my belt and pants on. Then slide the holster into my waistband and make sure the clips go over my belt. That's all there is to it!

Z_SprizL
05-10-2011, 11:18 PM
You guys in CA with the crossbreed, do you have horse or cowhide? I was thinking of getting horsehide combat cut, but not sure if it's really necessary

I have the black cowhide and never have any problems with sweat and I wear it jogging and hiking a lot. I wear white t-shirts all the time and never have any issues concealing (the pistol is black so what's the difference if the holster is). I opted out of getting the combat cut and after it was broken in had no problem with the extra leather, if worse came to worse you could trim it yourself.

$P-Ritch$
05-11-2011, 7:46 AM
Never said that the cowhide won't work, just the horsehide can possibly perform better for hot weather.

And my entire pistol is tan.

Like I stated earlier, I will have agree that the combat cut is not worth it. You can always cut it yourself.

rgs1975
05-11-2011, 8:01 AM
Mine is the horsehide. I ordered it without the combat cut but found that I wanted the combat cut after wearing it for a while. So i just traced the line I wanted and cut it with an Exacto blade. Works like a champ now. The combat cut (whether factory or home done) does make a significant difference in being able to grip the firearm and draw...at least in my case it did.

moulton
05-11-2011, 8:07 AM
What do these look like when they are worn? Pics please.

Rock6.3
05-11-2011, 8:20 AM
It just gets pushed down onto your belt. The bottom of the clips are open ended. I just put my belt and pants on. Then slide the holster into my waistband and make sure the clips go over my belt. That's all there is to it!

If I understand correctly: You are fully dressed (pants buttoned and belt buckled) and simply shove the holster straight down to drive the clips over the belt?

Call_me_Tom
05-11-2011, 8:38 AM
I have the horse hide with combat cut. I go Texas often & it's very humid there.

$P-Ritch$
05-11-2011, 8:39 AM
What do these look like when they are worn? Pics please.

Here you go, sorry for the bad quality but I have to head to school in like 15 minutes. Just for reference, I'm about 5'7" and 160lbs. I wear the holster at about the 4:30 position and the gun is an ugly glock 19.

Edit: that is a crossbreed belt I am wearing and they are just like the holsters. Very stiff at first but awesome once broken in. They are thick and support the weight of the gun/holster very comfortably.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/pritchardjonathan/IMG_0845.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/pritchardjonathan/IMG_0846.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/pritchardjonathan/IMG_0847.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/pritchardjonathan/IMG_0848.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/pritchardjonathan/IMG_0849.jpg

Wildeman_13
05-11-2011, 9:21 AM
I had to "custom" order my Supertuck for my XD40 in left hand draw. It showed up within less than a month. Sorry, I don't recall exactly how long, I just recall that I was very surprised it got there that fast when they were saying 6weeks+.
I went with cowhide and combat cut. I used/use it in AZ in the summer with no issues from sweat or heat deformation of the leather or kydex. It is 95% comfortable with the combat cut. What I did discover with my XD40(4") was that the combat cut is a little too aggressive for that last 5% of comfort. For me the slide and top of the grip dig in a bit more than I would like with the combat cut. I highly suggest getting the normal cut and making the cut yourself... slowly... a little bit at a time then wear it for a day to three. Then cut more if needed. Again, only a little bit and wear it for a while after.

1_Grendel
05-11-2011, 10:09 AM
I believe the holsters in this design fit & feel about the same. I like the crossbreed metal belt loops and the cross on the metal. I don’t know if it makes a difference but I chose to go with the comp-tac Minotaur holster because of the backing they apply to the holster. In hindsight I don’t know if it makes a difference. Like the Crossbreed the Comp-tac is very comfy. I don’t believe you can go wrong with the Crossbreed, Comp-Tac or the White Hat holster.

I wear this daily, on at 5am off at 6-7 pm.

You will also notice 2 Allen head screws at the bottom of the trigger. These are retention screws so i can adjust the tension. i found this is not a big "need" due to this holster being IWB and the belt tension against my hip holds the gun in place.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/jimm2005/100_6741-1.jpg

You will notice the extra leather that covers the hardware. I don’t know if it does make a difference or not.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/jimm2005/100_6746-1.jpg

Z_SprizL
05-11-2011, 12:46 PM
If I understand correctly: You are fully dressed (pants buttoned and belt buckled) and simply shove the holster straight down to drive the clips over the belt?

I just attach the (empty) holster to my waistband at the position on my hip that's comfortable then I button or tie my pants/shorts and slide my belt through and tighten it. Then I simply insert my pistol (it tends to be easier to adjust to the correct position while empty). It's always different strokes for different folks though.

Joe
05-11-2011, 1:22 PM
Thanks for the great info in this thread guys!

Joe
05-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Just ordered the crossbreed minituck in cowhide for my mk9.

Z_SprizL
05-12-2011, 1:18 PM

Should be even more concealable, the minituck is just a compact version of the supertuck I bet you will love it :).

fishhoppa
05-30-2011, 2:06 PM

Has anyone had any experience with the crossbreed MicroClip IWB?

I am going back and forth between the mini-tuck and the microclip. Thanks!

Joe
05-30-2011, 4:12 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the crossbreed MicroClip IWB?

I am going back and forth between the mini-tuck and the microclip. Thanks!

There are tons of threads on other forums discussing these two options. I was looking at the microclip also. Some people like it and say it doesn't shift around at all on them. Others said they returned it because it shifts around when they try to draw the weapon or slightly during normal carry. I guess it'll depend on the gun you use, what position you carry in, and what your body type is like.

My final conclusion: The minituck is plenty small. I saw no need to sacrifice the extra belt loop to have a smaller holster.

CGK60
05-30-2011, 4:41 PM
I really like my crossbreed, the best I've used for a full sized 1911.

Rocket Man
05-30-2011, 6:17 PM
NICE! Im going with the 9mm. I also sent a check to Larry Davidson and he is going to be making me a set of his G10 horned lizzards.

30 days?! Did you just buy a handgun recently? Luckily my 30 days was up the day I went in and paid for my EMP, I get to pick it up on Tuesday. I can't wait.

Where in the 707 are you? And how do you like your TLE/RL, I was considering getting one of those as well.

Ya 707, I bought an EMP9 for my wife for mothers day & after shooting hers and absolutely lovin' the EMP I had to get one for myself :D and stumbled across an EMP40 at Valkyrie Arms, problem was I had to wait till 30 days expired to dross mine:(

I love my TLE-RL!!! Thats my HD nightstand gun. No problems, she runs great and hella accurate.

The EMP's tuck really good in my crossbreed, they flat out disappear :D

SJgunguy24
05-30-2011, 11:43 PM
I have a comp tac and a cross breed. I like the Comp Tac with the Cross breed clips, the Comp Tac clips suck big time, but both are quite easy to wear all day.

Bizcuits
05-31-2011, 2:39 PM
I have one for my 229. I enjoy it, but as comfortable as it is, I sometimes prefer my easy one clip leather galco. Still enjoy it though. I got my from MidWay USA on sale during black friday, so I didn't have to wait.

Bigtime1
05-31-2011, 2:47 PM
I love my Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD40SC.

HunterShooter
06-01-2011, 1:58 PM
I have the Crossbreed Supertuck in cowhide, in CA, for Glock 23. Works fine for me. There is a definate adjustment and learning curve with this holster, plus a little break-in period. It took me a month or two to really get it right. Now, after a couple of months and a little frustration in the adjustment phase, I realize what an awesome holster this is. I barely know it's there, and better yet, nobody else knows it's there either.

I have the combat cut and like it just fine. The only thing I don't particularly care for is that a small amount of the trigger guard is exposed, a very small amount. Not enough for clothing to get stuck in mind you but enough to make me worry a little.

I had to buy some new pants though, one size bigger to get the holster to fit. I usually wear a collared shirt, untucked with an undershirt. I don't like the "J" hooks much. They're plastic, have sharp edges, and are larger than need be. Not as comfortable as the normal belt hooks.

I wear this holster every day, all my waking hours and it's pure comfort. Easy on and off once you practice a little.

RollingCode3
06-01-2011, 2:52 PM
I just place an order with Comptac and Crossbreed last week for my new CCW guns. I received the Comptac holster six days later and Crossbreed told me there is a 6 weeks waiting list. :eek:

nosuchagency
06-01-2011, 4:33 PM
did you go with another ctac or mtac this time round? i'm still a big fan of comp-tac and am considering acquiring a mtac for a sig .45.

fuenstock
06-03-2011, 7:20 AM
I just place an order with Comptac and Crossbreed last week for my new CCW guns. I received the Comptac holster six days later and Crossbreed told me there is a 6 weeks waiting list. :eek:

I was also turned away by crossbreeds 6 week wait for a holster. I ended up going with the White hat holster. I placed an order with White hat and had my holster 5 days later! I went with their horse hide model which was around $20 cheaper than Crossbreeds horse hide holster. I also like the fact that you can buy the kydex shells for diffrent guns that will fit the same leather back for $18 each, great if you have multiple guns. White hat has a large size leather backing which allowed me to trim it to how I felt was most comfortable for me. I also adjusted the kydex a bit and heated and molded it a little to allow for easier draw. I admit that the crossbreed does appear to be better quality, but I think they will work the same and feel the same once on. Now all I have to do is get my ccw so I can wear it outside of the house. :mad:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt131/fuenstock/5d153689.jpg

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt131/fuenstock/0266a5a9.jpg

rgs1975
06-03-2011, 8:41 AM
Crossbreed holsters are available at retail outlets as well as directly from Crossbreed. Getting them from the secondary market eliminates the wait. I know Midway has many of them for sale. My LGS (Bullseye SR) has them in stock as well.

ps. The wait is a good indicator of just how popular these holsters are. When I ordered my first Crossbreed the wait was 1 week. Now that people have realized how good the holsters are it's reflected in that 6 week wait.

Joe
06-20-2011, 3:44 PM

Two more days and I'll have reached the six week wait mark. If I had to do it again I'd just buy one in stock from midway. I didn't expect the wait to realistically be this long.

Nor-Cal
06-20-2011, 4:12 PM
I've had my crossbreed supertuck holster for over a year and love it I got it W/O the combat cut and trimmed it my self!

Hawkstp
06-21-2011, 9:09 AM
Absolutely love my Crossbreed holsters. I am wearing a minituck right now with a Kahr PM9. It goes on at 7:00am and usually does not come off till I go to bed. After breaking in the leather, I literally forget I have it on.

Also have purchased a microclip for the PM9 thinking I wanted something even more concealable for dress clothes. Rarely use it, since the minituck works so good.

I also have a supertuck for my G19, but I do not carry the G19 that much.

I could not recommend them more.

realmswalker
06-21-2011, 3:22 PM
I was thinking of ordering one of these for my p226 blackwater tactical. anyone use one with a p226. how well does that conceal?

SeaweedMonkey
06-21-2011, 3:28 PM
Does anyone know how these compare with the Theis holsters I always see on glocktalk? Theis is way cheaper so I was wondering if the quality is significantly different...

joe_sun
06-21-2011, 3:46 PM
You guys are freaking busting me up... 6 week wait too long? I waited 6 months for my Milt Sparks VMII. I bought the Supertuck to hold me over until the VMII arrived.

BTW the Supertuck with combat cut is officially my favorite holster. After using it for 6 months I prefer it over the VMII which I just sold.

I ordered a Mini Tuck for my PM9 about a month ago, it should be here soon.

SixPointEight
06-22-2011, 9:29 PM
I got my supertuck a little while ago. NEED the combat cut. I find it impossible to draw without it.

Can anyone post some good pics of their combat cut holster? Especially if you have a glock 19/23? If you're in Sac maybe we can meet up and I can trace the outline of yours? I plan on cutting it myself but don't want to do too wild.

Curley Red
06-23-2011, 7:17 AM
I am glad to read all the good reviews, I ordered the crossbreed supertuck in horse hide a week ago. I had to order it from them since I needed it in left hand draw. I get my SR9c tomorrow, but hope to have the holster before end of next month but I feel it will be worth the wait.

Z_SprizL
06-23-2011, 9:01 AM
Two more days and I'll have reached the six week wait mark. If I had to do it again I'd just buy one in stock from midway. I didn't expect the wait to realistically be this long.

I think my SuperTuck came in about 3-4weeks but if you are worried about it I would email Crossbreed, they have amazing customer service.

Joe
06-23-2011, 4:39 PM
I think my SuperTuck came in about 3-4weeks but if you are worried about it I would email Crossbreed, they have amazing customer service.

It just arrived today. Looks like a quality piece

Z_SprizL
06-23-2011, 7:59 PM
The holster seems to get better the more it's worn...I'm sure you will fully enjoy it. :)

SeaweedMonkey
06-24-2011, 1:20 PM
no one has any thoughts about comparing the supertuck to the theis holsters?

TexasT
06-25-2011, 5:46 AM
Someone mentioned the MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters. the pic looks modified. They now offer the horsehide in Black and Antique Black. Also, they now offer the combat cut for free. Just FYI. Great product. Less than 2 week wait on those. Check out the side by side comparison video with the Supertuck at their YouTube channel (whitehatholsters).

Joe
06-25-2011, 12:13 PM

http://theisholsters.com/

Looks like they're pretty much the exact same thing. Lots of positive reviews on glock talk found here:
http://glocktalk.com/classifieds/member.php?uid=105668&ppaction=readfeed

SixPointEight
06-26-2011, 5:31 PM
Nobody with a combat-cut glock one in the area? Anyone who wants to add the combat cut, if you send it to crossbreed, they'll do it for $10, I may end up doing that.

fullrearview
06-26-2011, 6:56 PM
I just ordered some kydex for a few projects... I got a piece of hide to try a crossbreed type as well. A few chippies asked me to make some off duty stuff for them... I will post some pics when I get done.

Ksmash01
06-26-2011, 7:44 PM
I just ordered a Galco King Tuk for my M&P9 to see if I could use it in a local steel shoot to gain practice drawing from concealment.

If it works out, and somehow CCW permits become easier to get, I will probably invest in a better holster, provided the King Tuk doesn't conceal as well as one would hope.

I really like the White Hat holsters, more because I can buy new kydex for different pistols, rather than have to buy a whole new holster.

SeaweedMonkey
06-26-2011, 9:38 PM
http://theisholsters.com/

Looks like they're pretty much the exact same thing. Lots of positive reviews on glock talk found here:
http://glocktalk.com/classifieds/member.php?uid=105668&ppaction=readfeed

yeah i saw it on glocktalk but was wondering if anyone could compare them since theis holsters are cheaper...but i guess no one would buy both since they are so similar...

fullrearview
06-26-2011, 10:16 PM
I say try and make your own... Here is my EDC and homemade holster, and a sheath I made for a co worker... The leather sheath you see is the original, but it floats a bit and he has cut his hand while drawing it...

For my holster, it's pretty comfortable... It does leave impressions on my side from the grip, but it's really not that bad at all, and there is zero print with any t-shirts I wear... It prints a bit with underarmor type shirts but hey... That stuffs skin tight!

I'm no professional, but it gets better every time I make something.

I'm hoping my kydex/hide shipment comes quick... I really want to get to work.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/xxcowgirlatheartxx/SANY0550.jpg

RollingCode3
06-27-2011, 3:57 PM
Mine arrived today. It took exactly 5 weeks and 4 days. I will upload some pictures later

fullrearview
06-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Mine arrived today. It took exactly 5 weeks and 4 days. I will upload some pictures later

Well, its been 6 hours... Where are they???:p

RollingCode3
06-28-2011, 4:13 PM
Well, its been 6 hours... Where are they???:p

Here you go. I have been wearing it since yesterday. It is extremely comfortable. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/cadetcode3/guns/IMG_1551.jpg

crossbreed vs. comp-tac

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/cadetcode3/guns/IMG_1555.jpg

jak77
06-28-2011, 4:17 PM
Which one is more comfortable?

RollingCode3
06-28-2011, 7:51 PM
Which one is more comfortable?

Crossbreed is more comfortable than Comp-tac but the retention on the Crossbreed holster sucks. If i turn the holster upside down, the gun would fall out. With the Comp-tac holster, I can shake it all day long :D.

rgs1975
06-28-2011, 7:58 PM
retention on the Crossbreed holster sucks. If i turn the holster upside down, the gun would fall out.That's not the case with mine. It holds the gun quite well.

Joe
06-28-2011, 8:12 PM
Crossbreed is more comfortable than Comp-tac but the retention on the Crossbreed holster sucks. If i turn the holster upside down, the gun would fall out. With the Comp-tac holster, I can shake it all day long :D.

The retention on mine is almost nonexistent also. If I wear the holster the retention improves, but the gun will fall right out with no shaking if I'm not wearing it.

Wolfhound9k
06-28-2011, 8:16 PM

The Crossbreed is meant to have retention when it's on your body, not off the body. Because of the leather backing, the holster will give unless there is some body behind the gun to provide a more solid backing/resistance.

Nice setup btw :) with the Kahr it is very comfortable indeed... the only thing I have trouble with is the square corner of the slide poking through with a tight shirt.

Baconator
06-28-2011, 8:23 PM
I love mine with a g23 in it. I tried it out the other day for the first time and I forgot I was wearing it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Paindoc
06-28-2011, 8:59 PM

I find it much easier to hang the empty holster on my belt with pants unbuttoned, then close pants/buckle belt and insert gun into holster. I also push front clip down over belt, then push rear clip down. I don't think it possible to push holster down into pants with belt buckled, but then it may be because my pants are too full! LOL!

fullrearview
06-28-2011, 9:49 PM
Here you go. I have been wearing it since yesterday. It is extremely comfortable. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/cadetcode3/guns/IMG_1551.jpg

crossbreed vs. comp-tac

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/cadetcode3/guns/IMG_1555.jpg

Nice... I can't wait to start my project!:)

rgs1975
06-29-2011, 9:37 AM
I find it much easier to hang the empty holster on my belt with pants unbuttoned, then close pants/buckle belt and insert gun into holster.

+1

Curley Red
06-29-2011, 11:53 AM
If i turn the holster upside down, the gun would fall out.

Then stop walking on your hands. :D

I can't wait to get mine, had to get a leftie so they usually take longer.

adrenaline
08-09-2011, 7:00 PM
...my only issue was the 6 week wait...I figure I'd do a search before I ask my question. I was going to see what the normal turn around time was for ordering one (I ordered mines last week - horse hide - no combat cut).

I'm not sure I'm glad I found this thread. :( ;)

iareConfusE
08-09-2011, 7:16 PM
I figure I'd do a search before I ask my question. I was going to see what the normal turn around time was for ordering one (I ordered mines last week - horse hide - no combat cut).

I'm not sure I'm glad I found this thread. :( ;)

Bout a month, not that bad...

RollingCode3
08-09-2011, 7:25 PM
Exactly six weeks for me

realmswalker
08-09-2011, 7:28 PM
Mine took 3 weeks. From what I have been hearing, this company underpromises and overdelivers.

adrenaline
08-09-2011, 10:32 PM
So far my experience with them is great, I sent an e-mail about my carry weapon. I told them I have a full size USP rather than a USPc since that's how it is listed USP/USPc. They stated that they will ensure a great fit. Now that's service, I don't mind waiting for personalized work... Just anxious. ;)

DaveFJ80
08-09-2011, 10:50 PM
The main thing that turned me away from Crossbreed holsters were the huge cross logos on the belt clips. That just screams GUN to most people who knows anything about firearms.

I ended up going with the White hat holster. I placed an order with White hat and had my holster 5 days later! I went with their horse hide model which was around $20 cheaper than Crossbreeds horse hide holster.

Hah. Your holster looks almost exactly like mine, at pretty much the same price too. And likewise, mine took about 5 days from ordering it and until it was in my hand (custom made to my specifications). Only mine was from Theis Holsters (http://theisholsters.com/).

Very comfortable and it fits both my G26 and G19 perfectly with excellent retention and no movement or play.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/Holsters/Theis/Theis_G26_1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/Holsters/Theis/Theis_G19_1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/Holsters/Theis/Theis_G26_4.jpg

adrenaline
08-21-2011, 7:31 AM
Ordered 8/4 and checked my account on the website. It says, "Not yet shipped." Opened up my e-mail and they said its out for delivery tomorrow (woohoo). I sure hope it beats this cheapy leather IWB I'm using.

Does anyone know if the gun is wrapped in Kydex and attached to the leather or is one side of the gun in Kydex and the other against the leather? If latter, does that mean uneven holster wear on your pistol? Just wonderin'. Thanks.

applevalleyjoe
08-21-2011, 8:56 AM

Sounds like you need to heat and reform your kydex around your weapon with special attention to the retention points.

applevalleyjoe
08-21-2011, 9:19 AM

I now have the Crossbreed, King Tuck and a Leo Theis on the way. I'll post a comparison when I get to it sometime in the near future. :cool:

Andy Taylor
08-21-2011, 9:31 AM
I just ordered an Ugly from Cleveland's Holsters

http://clevelandsholsters.com/

Havn't got it yet, but it got good reviews over on the Ruger forum. From the pics, it looks like my SP101 will ride a little deaper than with the crossbreed, which I like.

G60
08-21-2011, 9:32 AM
@adrenaline, 1 side in kydex, other against leather.

As for holster wear, I'm not sure.

adrenaline
08-21-2011, 6:25 PM
@adrenaline, 1 side in kydex, other against leather.

As for holster wear, I'm not sure.Ahhh...thanks for the update. I guess it doesn't matter. If it isn't worn, then it isn't "worn". :D

Wookiee87
08-21-2011, 9:28 PM
I now have the Crossbreed, King Tuck and a Leo Theis on the way. I'll post a comparison when I get to it sometime in the near future. :cool:

Havn't got it yet, but it got good reviews over on the Ruger forum. From the pics, it looks like my SP101 will ride a little deaper than with the crossbreed, which I like.

Looking forward to the reviews! Cleveland has the option for an astra a75, first time i've seen that.

mugiwara
08-21-2011, 11:41 PM
the reason why the white hat is cool, is because u can buy sheaths for diff guns for $15. that right there makes it 124982384xdesirable for me.

morfeeis
08-22-2011, 10:33 AM

Nice find......

cleveland
10-02-2011, 8:36 AM
Hi folks! I have had a few orders from your website and figured I should drop in an say thanks!

Who would I talk to about offering a promo on this website? I don't want to overstep my boundaries.

Thanks!

Bobby Cleveland

JeremyS
10-02-2011, 3:56 PM
I went White Hat...

...but you can go with Old Faithful Holsters (http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/) and assemble your own and save big time!!! The Super Deluxe kit is nearly ready-to-wear and it's $29... and yes, you can get different kydex colors and swap kydex parts while keeping the same leather backing. Good stuff!

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/bl_sigma.jpg

Blarson
10-31-2011, 11:21 PM
I bought my first crossbreed supertuck almost 2 years ago for my Walther PPS .40 in horse hide/normal cut. It is the most comfortable and concealable holster I have used. I loved it so much that I bought a horsehide mini tuck for my Ruger LCP. If your concerned about the retention, you can use a heat gun to lightly heat up the trigger guard area and with the gun in the holster bend the kydex in a bit. This is what crossbreed told me to do. They also offered to do it for me for free if I sent them my holster.(their customer service is awesome). On my Walther PPS holster I had a shoe repair shop add a peice of leather where the nose of the gun sticks out the bottom of the kydex. I found someone else online who found that with extended wear the nose of the gun would leave a wear mark and an eventual hole in your jeans where the nose of the gun sticks out. The leather peice really completed this holster IMO. I will try to post a pic. of my set up (someday : /)

JeremyS
11-01-2011, 6:38 AM
Since the thread popped back... here's a photo from the day it arrived. I have since changed the location of the belt clips so the gun rides lower, and made the front clip one hole higher than the rear to add a bit more cant.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZIvz2MKKyIQ/TrADw2LIq7I/AAAAAAAAAEo/642BjWuysoo/s576/WHH.jpg

billybob_jcv
11-01-2011, 7:39 AM
Between the kydex and the grips, your pic made me a bit dizzy!! :p

PS, I like them both!

fullspeed1
11-01-2011, 8:55 AM
Love my super tuck for my Glock 19, It's very comfortable and has perfect retention.

CJJohn
11-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I wanted a Super Tuck for my LC9. I already had King Tuk for my G23, and my Kimber. I Did not want to wait 6 weeks...so I did my own. This is my first attempt, but it's every bit as comfortable as anything else I've tried, and I have about 10 dollars into it.
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy29/jkstephen/LC9Holster2.jpg

Blarson
11-01-2011, 9:09 PM
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n490/brotherlarson/photo.jpg

solanoshooter
11-01-2011, 9:13 PM
Love my Crossbreeds. Have three in the rotation, Glock 36, Sig P238, and Kimber Solo.

Probably worn Crossbreeds longer than any other Holster other than my 1911 Milt Sparks Summer Special II that I still wear.

I've got a box of 50 some odd holsters that I've tried and tossed them into the box when they didn't work out. Should probably sell those.

fullspeed1
11-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Some pics. I did backstrap cut myself and did not opt for the Combat cut.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/fullspeed1/MarksiPhone075.jpg
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/fullspeed1/MarksiPhone073.jpg
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr250/fullspeed1/MarksiPhone072.jpg

RollingCode3
11-08-2011, 2:54 AM
Theis holster on the left vs. crossbreed holster on the right

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/cadetcode3/guns/IMG_1640.jpg

15thaf5thbw
11-26-2011, 7:34 PM
Just got my 2nd CB SuperTuck Deluxe in horse hide today; this one's for my new XD-9; my first one was for my full-size Kimber Raptor II. I liked the one for my Kimber so much I decided to spend the $ for a second one. 10 days from date of order to in-my-hands. Not bad.

The kydex mold on the new one fits my XD-9 perfectly. I have yet to try my XD-45 Tactical in it, but I am expecting a very good fit as well.

Are there cheaper holsters of similar design and function, that perform as well as the CB STD? Yes. Do I think the CB holsters are a tad pricey? Yes. But I buy them because I like the product, the product's warranty, the company, and the folks that run it. Good, solid group that, all around.

15th

Blarson
12-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I sold my Walther PPS and bought a Springfield XDM compact. Called Crossbreed and they said they would reshape my holster to fit the Springfield for $40. Sent them my holster with a hand written sticky note and a $40 check. About 10 days later they sent me a brand new holster. Great customer service!