PDA

View Full Version : Cz Sp-01 back for repairs

hawk81
05-07-2011, 2:36 AM
Well I sent my cz sp-01 back to Cz, due to extracting issues. We'll see how long it takes to get it back. So far it has been 10 days. Cz did send me a return label for the shipping, which was good. So they are eating all shipping costs. Of course I own 5 of there guns and I am in their computer system. All of my other Cz pistols have never had a problem. I just hope they can fix the gun in 1 trip. I am pretty sure it is the extractor, I could have replaced it myself, but since they paid for the shipping and it is under warranty I just sent it to them for the repair. I will update this when I get the gun back.

joostin4
05-07-2011, 2:58 AM
hmm... this is worrying considering I just ordered an sp-01 not too long ago. So you were getting FTE's with it? Pretty often? With different kinds of ammo?

Also I read some reviews that said the trigger is a little gritty and leaves much to be desired. It seemed like most people recommended a trigger job right out of the box. Do you feel this way too? Sorry, not trying to thread jack...

stormvet
05-07-2011, 3:54 AM
I have had two SP01, niether had any FTE or FTF problems. Any kind of function problems with them are pretty rare. If you plan to shoot your gun dont worry about the trigger 500 to 1000 rounds cleans the trigger up nicely. If you are the type of guy that only shoots 50 rounds every couple months, it will take awhile to smooth out your trigger. This is a combat gun not a bullseye pistol, the stock trigger is just fine for what it is.

shooterdude
05-07-2011, 6:43 AM
Some shooting will reduce the gritty feel on these but that is all. If you want to eliminate that spongy break and make it crisp you will need a trigger job. I like a crisp break, short reset and light SA pull but that is just me. After the trigger job it is a different gun. You can also put in a lower power mainspring, 20# is stock, I run a 16# in mine and it works fine all the time!

The CZ is a great platform when the trigger has been improved.

hawk81
05-07-2011, 8:53 AM
The trigger was fine in mine. Actually I have 2 SP-01 guns. A tactical and a regular one. The one that went back to CZ was the regular one. It has a better trigger over the tactical one. The tactical one I have has had 2000 rounds through it with no failures. My regular SP-01 has had failures at least 2 times out of every 18 round magazine I have put through it. I thought it would eventually break its self in, but after 1000 rounds of factory and reloads I had had enough and decided to send it back. I love my CZ SP-01's, I just hope they fix it right the first time, and I hope it does not take thm 2 months to fix it.

toadman
05-07-2011, 9:01 AM
What type of extraction problems were you having? I have a new SP-01 that I've only taken to the range one time. On the second magazine a round got stuck in the chamber & I couldn't get the slide to pull back. After much yanking, pulling, & swearing I finally got it to go back & extract. I chalked it up to the reloads I was using(although they chambered fine in all my other 9's) & changed ammo. Ran a couple more mags through it, & it shot fine. Now I'm wondering.

hawk81
05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Empties would stay in the chamber and the slide would go back, without pulling the empty out. It did it at least a couple times every magazine through it.

zfields
05-07-2011, 11:19 AM
What type of extraction problems were you having? I have a new SP-01 that I've only taken to the range one time. On the second magazine a round got stuck in the chamber & I couldn't get the slide to pull back. After much yanking, pulling, & swearing I finally got it to go back & extract. I chalked it up to the reloads I was using(although they chambered fine in all my other 9's) & changed ammo. Ran a couple more mags through it, & it shot fine. Now I'm wondering.

CZs have very tight, short chambers.

hawk81
05-11-2011, 5:36 PM
Well I found out it is going to take at least 1 month to get my Sp-01 back. This is kind of ridiculous for a company to take this long for repair work. I had repair work done by smith and wesson and springfield armory and they both only took 1 week, oh and the work smith and wesson and springfield armory did was way more difficult to do. I just thought I'd let you guys know what you will be dealing with if you have to get repairs done by CZ.

jonzer77
05-11-2011, 6:11 PM
That sucks man, hopefully they are trying to under promise and over deliver and you get it back before then.

zfields
05-11-2011, 8:13 PM
Ive herd similar for CZ, issues with having to order parts that they are out of stock from CZ direct pretty regularly.

HCz
05-11-2011, 8:57 PM
Well I found out it is going to take at least 1 month to get my Sp-01 back. This is kind of ridiculous for a company to take this long for repair work. I had repair work done by smith and wesson and springfield armory and they both only took 1 week, oh and the work smith and wesson and springfield armory did was way more difficult to do. I just thought I'd let you guys know what you will be dealing with if you have to get repairs done by CZ.

AFAIK, Mike is the only smith working at CZ-USA, so the list tends to be long.

chim-chim7
05-11-2011, 9:29 PM
What ever happened to fixing it yourself and stop complaining when others take to long. If it was me I would have dropped in a Lone Wolff extended power extractor spring and been done with it. 1/2 hour of my time and no stressing about when my gun might be finished. If your a principles kind of guy then so be it, but I like shooting, not waiting.

chim-chim7
05-11-2011, 9:52 PM
Um sorry man didnt mean to come off so rough, but damn I hate when people post grevences here. The very next poster under you is now all worried about his SP-01 taking a crap it sounds like. Plus bashing companies is based on your one sided story.

SJgunguy24
05-11-2011, 9:53 PM
What ever happened to fixing it yourself and stop complaining when others take to long. If it was me I would have dropped in a Lone Wolff extended power extractor spring and been done with it. 1/2 hour of my time and no stressing about when my gun might be finished. If your a principles kind of guy then so be it, but I like shooting, not waiting.

Maybe that could void the warranty and if there was a serious problem down the line the OP would be screwed.

chim-chim7
05-11-2011, 9:57 PM
Would have not voided the warranty.

jonzer77
05-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Generally whenever a part is modified the manufacturer won't warranty that part anymore.

chim-chim7
05-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Not in this case sorry.

GuillermoAntonio
05-12-2011, 12:38 AM
hehe lets give the OP a break, If my new pistol purchase starts messing up, and then I have to send it back for 1 MONTH, I (or any of us) would be all pissed off too!
I bought my SP01 5 weeks ago, shot 800 rounds through it, and its been flawless. :)
I just think that the OP was slightly unfortunate...

chim-chim7
05-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Yea I sometimes I forget about the people that just "own" guns. I see this as a glass half full oppertunity. You "get" to break down your weapon and upgrade a known part to fail. Last I checked when I got mine, $3.00., but gained a wealth of knowledge.

railroader
05-12-2011, 5:57 AM
Yea I sometimes I forget about the people that just "own" guns. I see this as a glass half full oppertunity. You "get" to break down your weapon and upgrade a known part to fail. Last I checked when I got mine, $3.00., but gained a wealth of knowledge.

I am on my 3rd cz and my extractor springs haven't failed but I have had a bad extractor. Once it was replaced the gun ran fine. As for "Lone Wolf" cz extractor springs, don't they sell glock parts? ;)

chim-chim7
05-12-2011, 3:31 PM
Right, Wolff, not Lone Wolff. I order from LW so much I misspoke. Thanks for the clarification.

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/CZ/75%20Series/cID1/mID16/dID91#841

paul0660
05-12-2011, 3:38 PM
chim, he didn't know how long it was going to take until after he sent it in, so chill.

I have had a problem with BVAC reloads getting stuck in the chamber, and the slide not coming back, like one in 50. I set the slide against a post and push the frame, and out it comes. No problem with new ammo, so I bet the throat length is an issue.

hawk81
05-12-2011, 4:14 PM
Great news, got back from work today and guess what was waiting for me? My Cz SP-01. I could not believe it. I guess the customer service reps at CZ have no idea what is going on in their repair fascility. I could not be happier and I rescend what I said about Cz. The repair list shows they polished the chamber, replaced the extractor spring with a wolf spring and re-angled the ejector. They also test fired it and they did not scratch it up or damage the finish.:D I will hopefully test fire it this weekend and see how it shoots. So, in total they had the gun about 11 days, not to bad.

himurax13
05-12-2011, 4:57 PM
Hmm, I had some ejecting problems with my shadow, just a little wimpy but always worked. I just reangled the ejector and all was good.

glockmeister
05-12-2011, 6:40 PM
I have been fortunate not to experience any failures on my relatively new SP01. I do think the mag springs seem a little weak compared to glock and 1911 mags. Anyone know if this is normal?

JeremyS
05-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I have been fortunate not to experience any failures on my relatively new SP01.
Actually I think that's the norm. Very rare to hear anything like what's going on in the thread here. Mine worked 100% out of the box with like 6 different types of ammo. Not a hitch. ...they do need to be cleaned though, since the grease all over it from the factory is pretty gummy...

^^^ and for weak ejection one post up, replace the recoil spring. They are super stiff from the factory (made for NATO spec rounds and CZ's test round is Sellier and Bellot, which is loaded REALLY hot) so if you're shooting normal ammo or slightly weaker than normal reloads or something, it's not going to eject very far.

chim-chim7
05-12-2011, 11:02 PM
I think he said mag spring not recoil spring. The mag springs are not week they are just not oversprung. The soft feeling is normal and was designed that way.

chim-chim7
05-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I actually went to a stiffer recoil spring in my SP-01.