PDA

View Full Version : AR cherry popped!

fuenstock
05-06-2011, 10:27 PM
After lots of thought about what my first AR would be and if I would buy complete or build my self. I finally made my choice, and I am very happy so far. I went with the Daniel Defense M4V5 LW. The day I got it I installed Troy sights and the next morning went down to the range to kill some paper after spending all night reading the manual, field striping, watching u-tube videos on AR's.
At the range I put 300 rounds thru it with out any problems and had the sights dialed in after only 20 rounds. I was impressed at the accuracy I was getting for my first time ever shooting an AR. 50 yards, I had 8" groups and 12" at 100 with the troy sights. I have no experience with any other AR, but I love the way this thing shoots and cant wait to get back on the range. I'm a big handgunner, but I think I found a new love!

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt131/fuenstock/pics/ar.jpg

AmbientR
05-06-2011, 10:34 PM
nice looking rifle! I'm working on my build too, first AR...

now if the rest of the parts would hurry up and get here... :26:

5thgen4runner
05-06-2011, 10:37 PM
good job man i just popped my ar's cherry haha last week felt good

fuenstock
05-07-2011, 8:23 AM
Yeah, these ar's are really fun. I was kinda undecided if I wanted one, but really glad I went for it. I would like to build one next, that sounds like alot of fun to.

jasonnorcal
05-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Very nice upper. Thats the one I want for my 3rd build.

As for accuracy, yeah these rifles are easy to shoot. Very intuitive feeling.

tomd1584
05-07-2011, 11:08 AM
congrats, thats a nice gun. Sounds like you need more mags, ammo and a class or two now!