PDA

View Full Version : MPA 9mm and range report

Damiiaaannn
05-06-2011, 8:41 PM
Just picked up my MPA mini 9mm today and took it to the range. Shot about 100 rounds and it functioned perfectly. I was surprised how accurate it was! Probably had 10 people ask me "Is that legal?!" or "Where'd you get that?". Great gun, glad I got it.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/damian1995/0506111857b.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/damian1995/0506111944.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/damian1995/0506111943.jpg

LBDamned
05-06-2011, 8:52 PM
okay, I'll bite... how is that legal?

cali_armz
05-06-2011, 8:57 PM
very nice!! ive got a full size 9mm mpa too

NapaCountyShooter
05-06-2011, 8:57 PM
okay, I'll bite... how is that legal?

Why wouldn't it be? For all practical purposes, it's just a scary looking 6 pound Glock.

Damiiaaannn
05-06-2011, 9:01 PM
Why wouldn't it be? For all practical purposes, it's just a scary looking 6 pound Glock.

Very well put.

NapaCountyShooter
05-06-2011, 9:04 PM
Very well put.

Cool gun though man. I held one at J&R and had to fight the urge to dig deeper in my checking account. Some day after my current projects are done...

Damiiaaannn
05-06-2011, 9:11 PM
Cool gun though man. I held one at J&R and had to fight the urge to dig deeper in my checking account. Some day after my current projects are done...

It's only money. ;)
Once you finish your builds, look into these pistols. Exceded my expections greatly!

LBDamned
05-06-2011, 9:32 PM

with 30 rounds?

cali_armz
05-06-2011, 9:33 PM
with 30 rounds?

id be willing to bet thats a modified mag that only accepts 10 rounds

LBDamned
05-06-2011, 9:35 PM
id be willing to bet thats a modified mag that only accepts 10 rounds

thus the "scary looking" part :rolleyes:

cali_armz
05-06-2011, 9:36 PM
you know, mpa macs really are great firearms. not only are they considered to be one of the highest quality macs available today, but they are also very affordable. about $500 max for such an exotic pistol is very reasonable. i dont even want to know how much a micro uzi pistol would cost

Sam
05-06-2011, 9:36 PM
with 30 rounds?

Even if he had 30 rounders, what would be illegal about it?

NapaCountyShooter
05-06-2011, 9:37 PM
with 30 rounds?

Since the magazine resides inside the pistol grip, and assuming that the owner legally owns the 32 round mags, it does not need to be locked with 10 rd. capacity. Only if the magazine is attached outside of the pistol grip such as an AR pistol or AB-10, does the 10 round locked mag rule apply to pistols.

cali_armz
05-06-2011, 9:38 PM
thus the "scary looking" part :rolleyes:

haha yea, it definitely contributes to it.

macs just look bad a** too. i think there are at least some people who make negative assumptions about them though, because they look like something a criminal would rob a bank with.

either way, i love mac pistols. ive been lusting over them as long as ive known about them

cali_armz
05-06-2011, 9:41 PM
Even if he had 30 rounders, what would be illegal about it?

as far as mpa's are concerned, the only thing thats questionable is the threaded barrel, but the california legal versions have a muzzle brake welded on them, that or the threads are completely removed. so technically, there is nothing evil about an mpa mac.

Damiiaaannn
05-06-2011, 9:42 PM
you know, mpa macs really are great firearms. not only are they considered to be one of the highest quality macs available today, but they are also very affordable. about $500 max for such an exotic pistol is very reasonable. i dont even want to know how much a micro uzi pistol would cost

You cant even get micro uzi pistol in CA.

cali_armz
05-06-2011, 9:43 PM

i figured they were probably banned by name.

california gun laws are lame

Damiiaaannn
05-06-2011, 9:46 PM
i figured they were probably banned by name.

california gun laws are lame

I almost bought a brand new full auto uzi pistol in the mid 80's for $1000.

cali_armz
05-06-2011, 9:49 PM
I almost bought a brand new full auto uzi pistol in the mid 80's for $1000.

now that would be fun!! i want to move to nevada so i can buy things like that.

to be honest though, i think a mac pistol would be more appealing. i like uzis as sbr's. that will probably be the very first thing i buy when i move to nevada.

TurboChrisB
05-06-2011, 9:50 PM
Love my Mac....HATE loading sten mags! I gotta get a loader..

Damiiaaannn
05-06-2011, 9:52 PM
Love my Mac....HATE loading sten mags! I gotta get a loader..

Sten mags do suck to load!

cali_armz
05-06-2011, 9:57 PM

thats what ive heard. maybe you could try disassembling the mag and trimming a little off the spring

Damiiaaannn
05-06-2011, 9:59 PM
thats what ive heard. maybe you could try disassembling the mag and trimming a little off the spring

Yeah that might work.

spdrcr
05-06-2011, 10:51 PM

You could as long as it's built on an off-list receiver. Though I think the smallest off-list offering currently is the Mini.

spdrcr
05-06-2011, 10:53 PM

I use the Tapco mag loader. It works great. I picked it up from US Machine Gun.

JeremyS
05-06-2011, 11:36 PM

Unfortunately there are A LOT of guns and things to put on guns that I would love to have, but are completely and totally illegal in CA for no other reason than that they are "scary looking" :tt2:

762.DEFENSE
05-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Definitely a fun range toy, and great for bump firing!

LBDamned
05-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Since the magazine resides inside the pistol grip, and assuming that the owner legally owns the 32 round mags, it does not need to be locked with 10 rd. capacity. Only if the magazine is attached outside of the pistol grip such as an AR pistol or AB-10, does the 10 round locked mag rule apply to pistols.

that's the part I was asking about... he just purchased it and assuming the mag is not blocked, how is it legal?

hefedehefe
05-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Thats how mine came, but it was sparking from the muzzle alot so I ordered a top cocker too. Looks something like this :D

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa44/smoothinoc/2.jpg

NapaCountyShooter
05-07-2011, 2:57 PM
that's the part I was asking about... he just purchased it and assuming the mag is not blocked, how is it legal?

You don't have to have owned the gun pre ban, just the mags. Also, how do we know the op isn't LEO and can legally purchase high cap mags?

LBDamned
05-07-2011, 3:39 PM
You don't have to have owned the gun pre ban, just the mags. Also, how do we know the op isn't LEO and can legally purchase high cap mags?

we dont - that's why I asked the question initially... I simply wanted to know how its legal and got a bunch of comments other than the answer...

LBDamned
05-07-2011, 3:41 PM
Of course. I myself have owned Sten magazines and M3 magazines for nearly 3 decades. The Stens work with the 9mm and the M3 mags work for the .45ACP version.

if that's what OP did, then I guess that explains it...

Damiiaaannn
05-07-2011, 9:23 PM
Thats how mine came, but it was sparking from the muzzle alot so I ordered a top cocker too. Looks something like this :D

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa44/smoothinoc/2.jpg

How much do those uppers cost? I'd like to have one just like that too. Do they charge anything extra to sand down the threads?
Thanks.

LBDamned
05-07-2011, 10:24 PM
1) Gun is converted outside of CA to single shot only by means of a sled/pin in the original mag, and mag locked in with a special set-screw. Thus, it's a single-shot pistol and exempt from the ludicrous roster.

2) Gun is imported into CA by a dealer as a single-shot pistol. Dealer sells gun AS a single shot pistol.

3) You buy a single-shot pistol. Mi Amoré!

4) You get home. You get bored with the single-shot pistol. You discover that hmmmm, there is no law that says you can not convert your single-shot pistol to semi-auto.

5) You tinker.

6) You pull your old Sten magazines out of the steamer-trunk in attic packed with dessicant.

7) Enjoy.

Love it!

Until something happens and I have to answer questions :o

I'm sure there are explanations to give... it's just one area too grey for me (by condition, not belief).

cali_armz
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM
i can hardly wait until the case pena vs cid finally gets rid of that stupid handgun roster. and it would be really nice if feinstein and boxer would retire... or better yet kicked out of office. they have shown that they have no ability to think rationally, trying to scapegoat inanimate objects
:mad::cuss:

Sam
05-08-2011, 12:18 AM
as far as mpa's are concerned, the only thing thats questionable is the threaded barrel, but the california legal versions have a muzzle brake welded on them, that or the threads are completely removed. so technically, there is nothing evil about an mpa mac.

Sorry, my facetious tone didn't show through the internet.

m1a1driver
05-08-2011, 12:22 AM
I love mine as well. Great shooters especially with some old sten mags.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5141/5673591015_3ef0598072_b.jpg

SJgunguy24
05-08-2011, 1:00 AM

Fail, yes you can. Any Uzi type is 100% legit as long as the receiver is off list. Vector, Norinco, Global, Nodak Spud.

Mags are mags, I own mags for guns I don't own. Hi cap possession is not restricted.

Love it!

Until something happens and I have to answer questions :o

I'm sure there are explanations to give... it's just one area too grey for me (by condition, not belief).

Somebody really needs to study the constitution and maybe look up some case law. I had a LEO tell me my mags were illegal. Really? Where does it say possession is illegal?
LEO, "Well you shouldn't have those"
Me "Really, says who?"
Leo, "I need to see a receipt for those."
Me, "OK, How about you show me a receipt for something you bought with cash, at a gunshow 16 years ago?"
LEO, "Well that's pretty stupid, how would anybody have a receipt that old?"
Me, "Well thats what you just asked me genius."

LEO:confused:......

Me, "Have a good day"::cool2:

LBDamned
05-08-2011, 1:20 AM
Somebody really needs to study the constitution and maybe look up some case law.

somebody needs to pay more attention to the posts they respond to:

IOW, even though I realize there is a way/reason to explain it away - there is enough question to where I don't want to hassle the problems associated...

You have the right to do as you please - fight the Kalifornia stronghold all you want - however, you have no business implying I should have your feelings...

a pistol or rifle that will almost certainly only see range time isnt worth the hassle required in your example... In time of need - it wouldn't matter what CA requires/accepts, we will all use what is needed, not what is allowed.

SJgunguy24
05-08-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm not going to get into a pissing contest, my point is you don't have to explain anything to anybody period. The 5th amendment grants you the right to remain silent, the 4th says you can refuse a search unless a warrant is issued or the LEO has probable cause. A legal gun is not probable cause, they know as well as you should. If they tell you your mags are illegal you have every right to tell them to pound sand.
I know the laws and what they can and cannot do, you should as well. Knowledge is power.

glockwise2000
05-08-2011, 11:47 AM

I think either a Glock or a Mac would be both scary if someone is pointing it in between your eyes.

NapaCountyShooter
05-08-2011, 3:44 PM
I think either a Glock or a Mac would be both scary if someone is pointing it in between your eyes.

Not saying it wouldn't, just saying that people don't look at Glocks and wonder about their legality.

glockwise2000
05-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Not saying it wouldn't, just saying that people don't look at Glocks and wonder about their legality.

:oops: my bad.