PDA

View Full Version : AR: bolt won't unlock?

Rock6.3
05-06-2011, 7:24 PM
I made up a test round on my reloading press (No Primer, No Powder) so I could see if the bullet would touch the lands or not.

No lower present, just using the upper, I dropped the test round into the chamber and firmly tapped the back of the bolt carrier with the heel of my hand to close the bolt.

How do I get the bolt open now? The charging handle does not pull the bolt back.

rattlesnake_nm
05-06-2011, 7:25 PM
Put it on a lower and pogo it with the stock in the shortest position.

Rock6.3
05-06-2011, 7:35 PM
Ok, I got it retracted by gently prying the bolt carrier away from the receiver. Is there an easier way?

Note: Lower parts kit is not here yet, so I cannot attach the receiver :(

bjl333
05-06-2011, 7:40 PM
Put a stick into the muzzle end and slowly push the round out. The dummy round probably didn't get sized right or there is a crimp on the round causing the neck to get fat!

dieselpower
05-06-2011, 7:42 PM
there should be no reason the CH will not pull the BCG out.

am I missing something...is the cam not installed in the Bolt?

rero360
05-06-2011, 7:53 PM
there should be no reason the CH will not pull the BCG out.

am I missing something...is the cam not installed in the Bolt?

Or firing pin removed, I tried that once, had 14 mags to unload to turn ammo back in, tried finding a fast way and not get yelled at for chambering rounds in the barracks, totally didn't work.

dieselpower
05-06-2011, 8:25 PM
Or firing pin removed, I tried that once, had 14 mags to unload to turn ammo back in, tried finding a fast way and not get yelled at for chambering rounds in the barracks, totally didn't work.

yeah no hinge point to cam around. I have never tried this...LOL

FatalKitty
05-06-2011, 8:38 PM

bwuahahaha.... nice one!

rero360
05-06-2011, 8:47 PM
I like to think I've learned alittle since then, it did cause a pretty tense few minutes until I managed to get the bolt unlocked, I don't even remember how I did it. Its easy to laugh about stuff like that afterwards.