PDA

View Full Version : FN45T, AR, AK, ect pistols

Dhena81
05-06-2011, 6:47 PM
So with the rifle caliber pistols do you guys weld your muzzle devices on just curious since I was looking at picking up a FN45 tactical eventually this year which has a threaded barrel. So I need to have the thread protector soldered on right is there a minimum barrel length or something that you need to have the MD fixed? For people that own a FN45T does the barrel back out of the slide with the TP on for cleaning ect.?

12voltguy
05-06-2011, 6:54 PM
no need
mag outside grip requires a BB
min 6" barrel, 10.5" overall to be roaster exmpt
I bought an ar pistol on gunbroker & had it shipped here, easy
I am building my other ar pistols from 80% lowers, #1 cause I like building things more then shooting them:)
lots of other build projects, not just ar's
Bought a mill & need to use it, already have a lath, 10 years, tig,mig,plasma,gas,etc etc

sniper4usmc
05-06-2011, 6:54 PM
just buy non threaded aftermarket barrel.and keep the threaded barrel for out of state use or save it for resale

dousan
05-06-2011, 7:01 PM
Yes get a barrel from efk
Keep threaded for if move or go out of state, or sell it to Someone for $$

Dhena81
05-06-2011, 7:03 PM
just buy non threaded aftermarket barrel.and keep the threaded barrel for out of state use or save it for resale
45 ACP is rifle caliber??

LMAO no man common

I was just wondering with all the pistol AR's ect what the law was on having your muzzle threaded which I seen the MD are obviously not welded on. Which 12voltguy cleared up my confusion with the magwell outside the grip answer.