PDA

View Full Version : Physically, how different are Glock magazines in Ca?

louderthangod
05-05-2011, 9:28 PM
I'm not planning on doing anything illegal but I'm just curious. Is there some sort of internal block in the California ones?

sk8804
05-05-2011, 9:30 PM
pretty sure there is a block built into the mag base. There is a large block at the base of my m&p mags that is not on 15 rounders.

Nynvolt
05-05-2011, 9:42 PM
They don't have a block, they have a slightly different follower and are thicker inside. They also seem more prone to malfunction.

G-forceJunkie
05-05-2011, 10:57 PM
They do not have any sort of block and the base pads are the same style. They lower the capacity by making the insides narrower, basically making the double stack...well, less than double wide.

Voo
05-05-2011, 11:36 PM
There is NO block. What you have are two "enlarged" ribs (one on each side) that extend for a certain length down the sides of magazine. This simply takes up volume and keeps you from effectively stacking more than is legally allowed. The follower is different as well as the spring.

Ive never seen or heard of anyone having trouble with Glock OEM 10 rounders.. The ones I have function flawlessly. The only issue I've come across is that they are much more of a hassle to disassemble. YMMV, but I've yet to hear/read/see anything that indicates that they're not reliable.

Bart1
05-06-2011, 6:33 AM
Yup. Ribs inside the mag prevents it from double stacking. I've had no problems with the 10 rounders. Anyone tried those cheaper Korean made mags?

Just-in
05-06-2011, 7:54 AM
I've heard mixed reviews on the korean mags.

coyotebait
05-06-2011, 8:01 AM
There is NO block. What you have are two "enlarged" ribs (one on each side) that extend for a certain length down the sides of magazine. This simply takes up volume and keeps you from effectively stacking more than is legally allowed. The follower is different as well as the spring.

Ive never seen or heard of anyone having trouble with Glock OEM 10 rounders.. The ones I have function flawlessly. The only issue I've come across is that they are much more of a hassle to disassemble. YMMV, but I've yet to hear/read/see anything that indicates that they're not reliable.

This!!

Oceanbob
05-06-2011, 8:04 AM

This^^^^!

Actually the 10 rounders run perfectly. Less weight to lift and no friction from double stacking. (a wild guess)

Still, I always use my prebans in my Glocks.

Bob

chesterthehero
05-06-2011, 8:38 AM
i throw my 10rd mags in the dirt every single time i use them.. ive yet to clean them and have yet to have any issue with them..

Bart1
05-06-2011, 9:07 AM
I've heard mixed reviews on the korean mags.

Thanks