PDA

View Full Version : HK USC 45ACP stocks?

BobbyZ
05-05-2011, 9:43 PM
Anyone know of any collapsible stocks for the HK USC? I can only find the folding stock.

Josh3239
05-05-2011, 9:51 PM
Like these? They are sold by HDPS.

http://www.hdps.org/htm/UMP-M16-stock.jpg

BobbyZ
05-05-2011, 10:04 PM
You da man.

Steve1968LS2
05-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Or pin a folding stock if you want "the look"

BobbyZ
05-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Just want it to be comfortable and collapsible. Don't want the illegal folding feature. So yes, the pin will fix it. Pricey stuff though and all outa stock.

santacruzstefan
05-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah, but to use those stocks you need to make a number of modifications, unless you've already converted to a UMP (which is what you should do anyway, IMO).

BobbyZ
05-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Definitely. UMP it is. It's actually my buddy's but he doesn't really hit the forums. He can't stand the stock. I don't mind it really. Love that gun though with a good front grip.

santacruzstefan
05-06-2011, 1:15 AM
Oh yeah. The one I converted (using parts from HDPS) was a ton of fun; sometimes I wish I hadn't sold it, but it was too expensive in the end. I also liked the standard UMP stock on it, but I had seen one with one of those stock blocks and an ACE stock for an AR, and it looked pretty sweet. But then again, it wasn't adjustable.

BobbyZ
05-06-2011, 9:23 AM
Love those ACE stocks.

cosmos0665
05-06-2011, 1:42 PM
Anyone know of any collapsible stocks for the HK USC? I can only find the folding stock.

Checkout Lanworld, I think they have a conversion made by Hera Arms.

xfilterx
05-06-2011, 2:09 PM

The HERA M4 stock is about it. Check out TBostic over on HKPro, he takes the standard USC stock, chops it, and plastic welds it to look like a UMP stock. Here's a picture of his handy work. Looks like a UMP (sort of) but a fraction of the price because you're using your existing USC furniture.

http://i53.tinypic.com/23h2hpe.jpg

nitroxdiver
05-06-2011, 3:07 PM
What about the HERA, pinned, non folding stock on a USC as sold by lanworld. Will it violate 922r going from thumbhole to pistol grip? If so, doesn't tbostics thumbhole USC stock modification also violate 922r? I'm really confused on this issue. I have a USC too, but don't want do a UMP conversion as i'm ok with the 10 round, shorter ss mags. I just would prefer a pistol grip instead of the thumbhole-esqe factory stock.

xfilterx
05-06-2011, 3:09 PM
What about the HERA, pinned, non folding stock on a USC as sold by lanworld. Will it violate 922r going from thumbhole to pistol grip? If so, doesn't tbostics thumbhole USC stock modification also violate 922r? I'm really confused on this issue. I have a USC too, but don't want do a UMP conversion as i'm ok with the 10 round, shorter ss mags. I just would prefer a pistol grip instead of the thumbhole-esqe factory stock.

Good question, I don't have that answer. I don't know if modifying an original part would automatically force you to buy those other US-made parts to be 922(r) compliant. I do know that the HERA stock would since it's also German made.

Josh3239
05-06-2011, 3:25 PM
That would absolutely be a 922r issue. The UMP cannot be imported, the USC is a sporterized, importable version of the UMP. Going from a fixed, thumbhole stock to a folding stock/pistol grip combo would trigger 922r. Since 922r is unenforcable I think most people who use the Hera stock don't care about 922r. Last time I checked there are not enough USA parts to comply with 922r.

I haven't looked into it for a while, so my info could be outdated I think most people who do the UMP conversions are building SBRs so they don't have to bother with 922r.

xfilterx
05-06-2011, 3:30 PM
That would absolutely be a 922r issue. The UMP cannot be imported, the USC is a sporterized, importable version of the UMP. Going from a fixed, thumbhole stock to a folding stock/pistol grip combo would trigger 922r. Since 922r is unenforcable I think most people who use the Hera stock don't care about 922r. Last time I checked there are not enough USA parts to comply with 922r.

I haven't looked into it for a while, so my info could be outdated I think most people who do the UMP conversions are building SBRs so they don't have to bother with 922r.

I understand conversion to a UMP would trigger 922(r). The question is whether simply modifying the standard USC furniture like the one I posted above would trigger 922(r).

In terms of enough US parts, there are. You only need 3 parts. HDPS carries the trigger, floorplate, and follower.

762.DEFENSE
05-06-2011, 3:43 PM
Like these? They are sold by HDPS.

http://www.hdps.org/htm/UMP-M16-stock.jpg

:drool5:

BobbyZ
05-06-2011, 3:47 PM
I do like the look Xf. Do you think you could put a grip on it? That's the main reason my buddy wants to change it. He hates the stock one. Maybe that upgrade your buddy did with a grip would do it. Thanks.

xfilterx
05-06-2011, 3:53 PM
Yep, check it out:

http://www.danhaga.com/MiscImages/hknewstock.jpg

BobbyZ
05-06-2011, 4:11 PM
What's your friend's technique? Could he do one for us?
BTW: your HK G36K is mean.

GokoolAB
04-30-2012, 4:55 PM
Was the question regarding being legal, if replacing the thumbhole stock w/ a Tbostic stock ever answered? Only because Im having Tommy make me one at the moment..and dont want to be questioned at the local indoor range when I pull it out, thanks.