PDA

View Full Version : Knoxx SpecOps stock on Rem 870

Aluisious
11-27-2006, 8:53 PM
Anyone else got one of these? I installed one twice on my 870 Express and both times there is a gap between the stock and the receiver, perhaps 2mm wide.

Anyone else notice that?

11Z50
11-27-2006, 8:58 PM
I've got one on my Supermag and it works great. No gap like you describe.

James R.
11-27-2006, 9:01 PM
Anyone else got one of these? I installed one twice on my 870 Express and both times there is a gap between the stock and the receiver, perhaps 2mm wide.

Anyone else notice that?

Care to be a little more precise, maybe pictures? I had one and frankly didn't like it much. It doesn't fit correctly left to right and it strikes the safety ever so slightly when the gun recoils. You can't use any big button or tatical style safeties because of this, "design feature".

If you're a lefty with a shell saddle fuggedabout it, the thing shaved about a 3/16" long strip of meat off my trigger finger knuckle. Basically the flange of the side saddle moves across the top of your left hand while the whole trigger assy is being absorbed into the stock. Possibly the Mesa Tactical shell holder would not have that issue, but the Wilson one does.

I got myself a Davis Speedfeed IV and never looked back.

Regards,

James R.

Aluisious
11-27-2006, 10:55 PM
Here are two pics taken from the cell phone...poor quality but you will get the idea.

Does this look OK? I installed this first with my Dad, who is very good with mechanical things...and it looked like that. So I took it off, ran the screw all the way out, and just placed the stock and receiver together, and they still had that sized gap. Screw things together...end up with that gap.

You can see that the semi circle around the safety barely doesn't align, and the top of the stock pokes out a bit above the top of the receiver.

Should I worry about this?

Aluisious
11-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I looked at the Speedfeed 4, but when I saw this SpecOps stock I figured I'd give it a whirl to see if buckshot and slugs were easier. Why not reduce recoil while getting the pistol grip I want, I thought?

This thing also doesn't work with my sling, but I expected that.

Aluisious
11-29-2006, 1:52 PM
Anyone taken a look at those pictures? Is that something I should be concerned about?

Where's that CaCruisin guy...

CaCrusin
11-29-2006, 4:02 PM
Anyone taken a look at those pictures? Is that something I should be concerned about?

Where's that CaCruisin guy...

Fear not, I am here. If your previous stock was wood, then most likely you have not removed the metal spacer from the receiver, Remove the SpecOps and look for the spacer. It is the same shape and size as the inside of the back of the receiver and can be a little sticky to get out. Remove it and then try it again.

If that doesn't resolve the issue then call me at 877-465-6699 toll-free and we will solve the problem.

CaCrusin aka Larry at Knoxx

Aluisious
11-29-2006, 4:41 PM
Previous stock was synthetic, but I will take it apart and have a look to see if there's something I need to take out, makes sense, thanks!

Aluisious
11-29-2006, 10:22 PM
There was no metal spacer, just a continuous piece of metal from the receiver wrapping inside to the bolt threads. My stock just doesn't fit snugly :( I'll have to give you guys a call when I have time...

BamBam-31
11-30-2006, 5:29 PM
No gap in my set-up, either. :confused:

CaCrusin will take care of you, I'm sure. It's the way he stood behind his products on this board that convinced me to buy a SpecOps stock in the first place, and I'm one happy camper. :)