View Full Version : OLL friendly FFL north of Sacramento

11-27-2006, 7:20 PM
I confess that I'm a noob to both the forum and OLL thing and I could use a bit of help. Having recently caught the 'Black Rifle Flu' I'm on a mission to round up a couple of OLLs to get started.

I'm experiencing some 'challanges' locating a dealer/FFL holder willing to do a transfer in this part of the world, which would be Butte county.

Searching the forums hasn't yielded the information I'm looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

11-27-2006, 7:23 PM
Well I don't live in Butte county but Coldwarshooters.com has FFLs all over the state. DDsranch.com also has FFLs all over the state:D

11-28-2006, 9:17 AM
Thanks. I'll contact them and see if they can hook me up. I've contacted all the local shops and none seem willing to transfer an OLL. :mad:

11-28-2006, 5:49 PM
I ran into the same thing. Had to traverse from Chico to the Bay for my first buy.

I aint heard any of the bigguns doing it up there; there was allegedly a kitchen counter one doing it but I was never able to track him down or it was pure rumor.

FWIW, I think you're going to be headed at least to SAC to find one.

And oh, none exist that I know of North of Butte either:cool: Have a buddy further north that was once interested but cant find one either.....

Good luck.

11-28-2006, 6:56 PM
PM Scarecrow_Repair or his FFL.

11-28-2006, 7:11 PM
I just got a PM from an unmentionalble person here who's got one; waiting on his Ok before I PM anyone with it.

Scarecrow Repair
11-28-2006, 9:49 PM
PM Scarecrow_Repair or his FFL.

He works in Sacramento three days a week, three days a week in the hills, has a good sense of humor, and I don't think the DoJ makes him nervous; he seems capable of thinking for himself.

He had one Stag-15 in stock (I got it) and says he can order more, but has to do it 10 or 12 at a time (forget which), so if enough people are interested and put down deposits, maybe he would order them. I would have no problem trusting him with a deposit, he does have a store in Sacto (altho not a gun store) and is not a fly by night. I have since found I know people who know him. It is a small world.

Blacktail 8541
11-29-2006, 7:37 AM
I have a FFL in Butte County, If you want the info PM me. He has done a lot of transfers.

PS to add, DD Ranch has his FFL on file as well as a couple other distributers.

11-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks everyone. I have an order in process for a couple of lowers and I'll let you know how it plays out.