PDA

View Full Version : where to find XDM 9 10-round mags

lostinsurf
05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey LOCOSWAY,

I have looked for xdm9 10 round magazines for 6 months. I have checked every booth at the gun shows in two states. I have called several web sites with NO luck. I have contacted 4 CA gunsmiths who will not touch. If you actiually know someone who sells or "fixes" , PLEASE post.

I don't think they exist.
Lostinsurf

locosway
05-05-2011, 1:42 PM
Hey LOCOSWAY,

I have looked for xdm9 10 round magazines for 6 months. I have checked every booth at the gun shows in two states. I have called several web sites with NO luck. I have contacted 4 CA gunsmiths who will not touch. If you actiually know someone who sells or "fixes" , PLEASE post.

I don't think they exist.
Lostinsurf

I don't think they make factory 10 round mags, so you would have to find someone out of state, or a vendor here to covert them for you. Or you can buy them disassembled and do it yourself. Remember that the modification must be permanent, which means you can't simply block off the magazine with a block.

Quiet
05-05-2011, 6:53 PM
There are no factory made 10 round XDM9 or XDM40 magazines.
Both, Springfield Armory (importer) & HS Produkt (manufacturer) have stated they have no intentions on making/selling 10 round XDM9/40 magazines.

In order to get a 10 round magazine, it must be made from a parts kit.

Here is a website giving step by step instructions on how to make a 10 round XDM9/40 magazine from a XDM9/40 magazine parts kit. (http://www.vaportrails.us/html/xdm.html)

NorCal Einstein
05-05-2011, 7:31 PM
You can block off the magazines yourself using the link Quiet posted, or if you happen to live in the Bay Area...you can go buy some magazines from Valkyrie Arms. Since they do a lot of single shot conversions, blocking off standard cap mags to be neutered 10 rounders is no big deal. They've done my 17 round M&P mags :( and I've seen it on countless XDMs they sell.