PDA

View Full Version : What are the pros and cons of todays SA M1A?

Cobrarlc
11-27-2006, 4:39 PM
I believe that it is about time to purchase the M1A that I have been looking at for the last few years. I have decided at a minimum to purchase the Loaded version of the M1A, but after searching through a few post I have begun to see a pattern of problems with them.
Your help here will either put the icing on the cake or change my mind.
Thanks in advance.

SemiAutoSam
11-27-2006, 4:50 PM
Im not too sure of the pros's

But at least one of the cons: From the first M1A I purchased in 1976 and the one I purchased in 1998 a massive difference in workmanship, In the fit of the parts, Casting flash on a lot of parts on the new one that wernt on the original 1976 purchase.

and From what I can tell the replacement parts are what I would consider poor quality as well.

SO the moral of the story is if I were considering purchasing a M1A at the present time I would buy a pre ban FN FAL.

csarel
11-27-2006, 4:59 PM
BUMP! I wanna know too!

donger
11-27-2006, 5:15 PM
There's a lot of hate floating around the internet regarding the Springy M1A. A lot of time it's just people who heard from a friend who heard from a friend.

Yes QC at Springfield can be blamed for the out of spec receivers that hit the market a few years ago. But SA inc stands behind their products with a lifetime guarantee.
The biggest problem for SA is the lack of USGI parts available. Yes they ran out of chrome-lined barrels some time ago. But now, most of the parts found on a current M1A is commercial reproductions. Just a few years back almost all SA M1A's were equipped with USGI part (bolt, barrel, op-rod, etc).

That said, I have a preban M1A that is flawless with all USGI parts, TRW bolt, etc. And I also have a current M1A that is mostly repro parts. Other than a extractor that crapped out on the very first shot with the current M1A, they have both fed and fired reliably.

My advice would be to either:

A. Buy an earlier SA inc M1A with USGI parts.

B. Buy a SA inc M1A, they have a lifetime guarantee! Replace some (or most) parts with USGI parts yourself.

C. Call Ron Smith and have him build you a rig that will have other's green with envy.

edited for spelling

Cobrarlc
11-27-2006, 5:35 PM
Interesting donger. What would be considered a good serial number series to look for?

donger
11-27-2006, 5:57 PM
Interesting donger. What would be considered a good serial number series to look for?

I'm not an expert by any means, but try buying an M1A that was built before (IIRC) 1996. That would be serial numbers prior to approximately 098000.

They're available. Try looking in the M14 forum, AmBack, ARF, etc.

anotherted
11-27-2006, 6:09 PM
I have a 2002, i believe. 147xxx. Came with a TRW barrel. 5000+ rounds with NO problems.

If you read around various sites, there are documented problems with LRB's and Fulton Armory's as well. For the prices they are charging and the year+ waits for your rifle, i would be pissed if they did anything less than run flawlessly and make coffee for you in the morning. Remember Springfield Aromry has a life time warranty.

vf111
11-27-2006, 6:14 PM
http://www.imageseek.com/m1a/

everything you've ever wanted to know about the M14/ M1A....

donger
11-27-2006, 6:17 PM
I have a 2002, i believe. 147xxx. Came with a TRW barrel. 5000+ rounds with NO problems.

If you read around various sites, there are documented problems with LRB's and Fulton Armory's as well. For the prices they are charging and the year+ waits for your rifle, i would be pissed if they did anything less than run flawlessly and make coffee for you in the morning. Remember Springfield Aromry has a life time warranty.

That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on a Smith M14. I can't justify the investment vs. return risk. I probably will though, someday....

anotherted
11-27-2006, 6:17 PM
Ya, Different's the man.

jtv3062
11-27-2006, 6:22 PM
where can I find the documented problems on the LRB. I know of 1 guy guy who was mad cause of some milling marks on his reciever I frequent 3 m14 forums and have only seen that one problem. I'm not saying theres not any problems with the LRB. every time I ask when sombody says there are problems they cant show any proof

11-27-2006, 6:27 PM
I bought my SA M1A in 2000 and have probably put 10,000 rounds through it with no problems. I love it and it is one of my favorite rifles.

.50DE
11-27-2006, 6:32 PM
I believe that it is about time to purchase the M1A that I have been looking at for the last few years. I have decided at a minimum to purchase the Loaded version of the M1A, but after searching through a few post I have begun to see a pattern of problems with them.
Your help here will either put the icing on the cake or change my mind.
Thanks in advance.

Well you could start by going here http://www.m14firinglineforum.com/upload/

Nice friendly place

anotherted
11-27-2006, 6:45 PM
where can I find the documented problems on the LRB. I know of 1 guy guy who was mad cause of some milling marks on his reciever I frequent 3 m14 forums and have only seen that one problem. I'm not saying theres not any problems with the LRB. every time I ask when sombody says there are problems they cant show any proof

Oh man, i cant go back and find them. One guy had a barrel timing problem on his LRB, another guy had a machining problem on his FA -- op rod contact problems, etc.

I cant provide proof without alot of research, and I dont really have time to do it. Take it for what its worth.

The point is, think about the sheer numbers of SAI's out there as compaired to the LRB's and FA's out there. A single problem with either of the two would equate to several hundred if not thousands of screw ups with Sa Inc.

Cobrarlc
11-27-2006, 7:16 PM
great info everyone. I'll check out the firing line as well.

Sgt Raven
11-27-2006, 8:00 PM
I have a LRB built by Ted Brown, if I have any problems he'll stand behind his rifles.

M24
11-27-2006, 8:19 PM
I have owned both USGI Springfield M1As [sn 031xxx] and the all newer (non-USGI) manufactured ones [sn 132xxx, and 141xxx], and have not had problems with either kind. I have not owned any of the Socom models, but a friend owns one, and it shoots fine. They are all reliable, and fun to shoot. The only complaint I had was learning the disassembly. I was used to the ease of the AR platform. But, it's not that hard to learn once you get the hang of it.

Springfield M1As are pretty nice rifles, IMHO, and in my experience.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/M24/M21.jpg

.50DE
11-27-2006, 9:04 PM
thats one nice set up you have there!

mblat
11-27-2006, 9:19 PM
Somebody on this board made best observation I ever heard/read about Springfield M1A vs. original USGI rifles:

It isn't that USGI rifles are overrated, it just current Springfields are underrated....

Joe Register
11-27-2006, 9:32 PM
xxxx

somekevinguy
11-27-2006, 10:02 PM
I have a SA National Match that I bought about a year ago. I am a total amateur but I have about 1000 rounds through it and so far it has never given me a single problem. What is the deal with the USGI stuff? Can aftermarket companies not make parts as good? I don't get it.

Omega13device
11-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Are you going to be using this rifle in combat? If not then I would go for the Springfield and its lifetime warranty and fast repair service. Buy with confidence.

Mugwump
11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Whenever I hear this topic, I'm always sure to chime in.

With a price tag of $1200 to start with, Springfield should be able to do a better job of quality control. I had problems from the get-go with a bad extractor, and it was firing too high and to the left. I sent it back to the factory, they replaced the extractor and put a really tall sight on the front. (kind of like a band-aid for a broken arm in my opinion).

I still continued to have problems with getting any kind of consistent groups, so I had a gunsmith take a look at it. His first response was to get rid of both sights, and replace them with USGI parts. Sure enough this was the case, the reason being the components of the rear sight weren't to spec and didn't fit together properly.

Everything was fine for a while, until the bolt roller came off (yeah, that's not supposed to happen). I thought about trying to find the bolt roller pliers to do the job myself, but came up empty handed as it appears this particular tool is non-existent or is highly coveted.

Eventually I was able to get Frank Tabor in San Rafael to place a new one on it, and it has been running flawlessly ever since.

I keep this rifle in the front of my safe since this is the one I would grab first, but to have to jump through the hoops to get a brand new rifle to run correctly, especially a design that has been around for 50+ years, is expecting a lot of one's customers. I guess my expectations may run high, but it seems like a fairly consistent tactic in business these days, to release something, knowing its crap, but the public wants it bad enough that they'll put up with being the quality control dept.

EBWhite
11-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm sure the USGI quality is better than the SA stuff. Most of the SA stuff is cast overseas. Anyways, for the price the SA is not terrible. With a good warranty you are doing just fine. I'm sure the USGI had 5 out of 100 guns made have early problems (normal manuf. issues). The SA is prob more like 15 out of 100...

dw1784
11-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Somebody on this board made best observation I ever heard/read about Springfield M1A vs. original USGI rifles:

It isn't that USGI rifles are overrated, it just current Springfields are underrated....

Pro- tradition; American designed; reputation(of sorts).

Con- Springfield; made in Brazil.

RobT2K
11-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro-Shoots the .308, great round.

Con-Shoots the .308, not much around.

Hopefully you've been stockpiling ammo to feed it.

Lately my FAL has been on a diet.

Crazed_SS
11-28-2006, 4:08 AM
My M1A is current en route to Geneseo, IL for some warranty work. It shoots sickeningly tight groups but unfortunatley, on the 3rd and 4th trip to the range, I start having extraction problems.. it would fire the round, but fail to extract the spent casing.. :(

SA was really cool and told me to send it in and they'll fix it.. so now I'm gonna be without my baby for a few weeks at least :(

Sailormilan2
11-28-2006, 6:22 AM
There seems to be two issues lately with the Springfield M1A, extraction problems and out of spec receivers.
I have a Springfield(#169XXX, manufactured 12-04) and a Poly(with GI bolt). I had extraction problems with the M1A from day one. FTEs about 1 in 4 or so. I replaced the extractor, and that helped but didn't cure the problem. Most of my shooting has been with South African surplus. I am begining to wonder if the chamber isn't too tight for the SA surplus. As I have read other reports of the same problem. Springfield uses a cast extractor which has a tendancy to break, and the general feeling is to replace it with GI as soon as you get it. If it is going to break, it will usually break in about the first 300 rds.
The second issue of out of spec receivers, seems to be that Springfields specs aren't GI specs. Comparing my M1A to my Poly in the same USGI stock, and the Poly locks up very tightly. The M1A almost bounches around, No pressure. If one looks at the heal of the recevier, one can see that it is floating above the wood. It is supposed to have tight contact. There have been many reports of this problem.
The out of spec receivers also cause scope mounting problems with the scope bases.
Personally, I would look for a Polytech fitted with a GI bolt, or get one planning to put on a GI bolt. Either way it would still be better than a Springfield, and money ahead. Forged Mil Spec receiver, and chrome lined barrel. A buddy of mine just got one for about $850.

anotherted
11-28-2006, 6:37 AM
My M1A is current en route to Geneseo, IL for some warranty work. It shoots sickeningly tight groups but unfortunatley, on the 3rd and 4th trip to the range, I start having extraction problems.. it would fire the round, but fail to extract the spent casing.. :(

SA was really cool and told me to send it in and they'll fix it.. so now I'm gonna be without my baby for a few weeks at least :(

Should have swapped it yourself. Takes 10 minutes. All you need is the M14 combo tool and a spent .30-06 case.

If it wasnt the extractor, it could have been that the gas cylinder screw had shot itself loose. this will cause short strokes and a failure to extract.
This is easily tightened with M14 combo tool.
I bet it was one of the two.

Get the "M14 Owners guide" from Fulton Armory. It will help yo learn about your weapon and troubleshoot common problems such as the one you had.

somekevinguy
11-28-2006, 7:40 AM
Man I hope I don't end up having any of these problems you guys are talking about. I didn't know about any of this stuff. I thought Springfield was a good brand and assumed it was made in America. Hopefully they hand select the better parts for the National Match that I got. I have shot about 1000 round of surplus ammo thorugh it so far without a single problem. I think it is from Argentena or something like that. I forget.

30Cal
11-28-2006, 7:58 AM
Haven't heard of many repro parts breaking. When there are issues, they are generally dimensional--so it either works all the time or it doesn't. If you've got 1000rds through the rifle, you aren't going to have any problems.

vf111
11-28-2006, 8:39 AM
Pro- tradition; American designed; reputation(of sorts).

Con- Springfield; made in Brazil.

The M1A receivers used to be cast in New York but are now cast (IIRC) in Quebec, Canada and finished machined & assembled in the US. For all intents and purposes, no commercial M14 manu. makes a USGI spec. receiver (selector lug).

Again, see http://www.imageseek.com/m1a/.

I had a Supermatch I traded away about (2) years ago to guy on Battlerifles.com - it was a 15xxxx serial # w/ no USGI parts. The guy I traded it to has posted numerous times he shoots 1" groups at 100 yards with it w/ iron sights and I have no reason to doubt him.

Cobrarlc
11-28-2006, 9:04 AM
Great information everyone. Thanks for supporting a fellow Calgunner.

Crazed_SS
11-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Should have swapped it yourself. Takes 10 minutes. All you need is the M14 combo tool and a spent .30-06 case.

If it wasnt the extractor, it could have been that the gas cylinder screw had shot itself loose. this will cause short strokes and a failure to extract.
This is easily tightened with M14 combo tool.
I bet it was one of the two.

Get the "M14 Owners guide" from Fulton Armory. It will help yo learn about your weapon and troubleshoot common problems such as the one you had.

lol.. now you tell me! Nah, it's my fault though.. I didnt ask first. I called SA as soon as it started acting up. I paid so much for it, and it has a lifetime warranty so I figured I make SA do some work :)

Other than this problem, it's a great rifle.. absolutely awesome to shoot and accurate as all hell. I have the black fiberglass loaded model with the stainless barrel. It's sexy. :) Im not even really mad about sending it out. Guns have problems every now and then and it's got a lifetime warranty so it's no biggie.

Cobrarlc
11-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Now since I see that the SA M1A is for the most part a fine rifle with the exception of a few QC issues. What are the reasons for opting for the stainless steel barrel or the chrome molly barrel?

M1A_KICHI
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
I LOVE my SA M1A. It is the loaded version with the SS barrel. As mentioned earlier it is sexy. Slap on a 20rd mag, USGI M2-bipod, silver Leupold (to match barrel :cool: ) and I...SHE gets looks all day. Never had any problems except for trying a wolf round :mad: . I'm glad I got a few cases of SA and some Argentine to feed her but she probably wont be seeing much range use (maybe once a month) because of ammo shortage overall.

30Cal
11-28-2006, 2:03 PM
Now since I see that the SA M1A is for the most part a fine rifle with the exception of a few QC issues. What are the reasons for opting for the stainless steel barrel or the chrome molly barrel?

Stainless is more idiot proof. Everything else (minus asthetics) is about the same from one to the other. So says Kreiger's website (and that's been my experience as well).

Ty

Crazed_SS
11-28-2006, 4:33 PM
I LOVE my SA M1A. It is the loaded version with the SS barrel. As mentioned earlier it is sexy. Slap on a 20rd mag, USGI M2-bipod, silver Leupold (to match barrel :cool: ) and I...SHE gets looks all day. Never had any problems except for trying a wolf round :mad: . I'm glad I got a few cases of SA and some Argentine to feed her but she probably wont be seeing much range use (maybe once a month) because of ammo shortage overall.

If anyone is in the San Diego are, call up Project 2000 Range.. http://www.project2000range.com/

I got 8 South African battlepacks there. They charge about $35 per battlepack. The should have a couple left. I was gonna buy em all, but I thought I should be somewhat corteous :)

DrjonesUSA
11-28-2006, 5:12 PM
The notion that an M1A is junk unless it has USGI parts is beyond ridiculous.

There are tens of thousands of box-stock Springfield M1As out there with few or no USGI parts, and they are running just fine.

IF you do have any major issues, Springfield has both an excellent lifetime warranty AND top-rate customer service to back it up.

IF you do have any small parts break (which you probably won't unless you are doing something wrong) then just slap in your replacement and keep on trucking. You DO have replacements for parts that are likely to break, right??

USGI parts will break and wear out just like non-USGI parts.

Just like with any gun (particularly guns you plan to rely on to defend your life) you should have a set of replacement parts for things that are likely to break or wear out, regardless of who made them and whether or not they are USGI: extractors, firing pins, springs, etc. For a SHTF M1A, it probably would be a good idea to invest in an entire replacement bolt assembly in addition to other parts.

Also keep in mind that if you plan on buying a Springfield M1A and installing a bunch of USGI parts in it, you'll probably spend at least $500 or more just on parts, and that's after you've spend over $1,000.00 on the gun.

Cobrarlc
11-28-2006, 5:33 PM
Great point DrjonesUSA

Cobrarlc
11-29-2006, 5:16 PM
I pulled the trigger today. SA M1A NM with SS barrel. Ten more days and she will be in my hands. Range report will soon be coming after the waiting period. Thank you everyone for your input.

I better start Christmas shopping for the wife now.

donger
11-29-2006, 6:09 PM
I pulled the trigger today. SA M1A NM with SS barrel. Ten more days and she will be in my hands. Range report will soon be coming after the waiting period. Thank you everyone for your input.

I better start Christmas shopping for the wife now.

Nice. If I can ask, from where did you purchase the rifle?

Cobrarlc
11-29-2006, 6:32 PM
I purchased the rifle from Turners. I was not going to purchase the rifle from them originally, but we worked out a price that was comparable to others that I have talked too. I had been checking around with other dealers in the area and a few other in the US as well. Everyone else that I spoke with did not have the rifle available for about 3 to 6 weeks. I wanted to make sure that I had the rifle in my possession before the end of the year.

somekevinguy
11-30-2006, 6:14 AM
That is were I got my SA NM from. I think I badgered the guy down like $50 but it was probably still over priced. I think I paid $1800. I didn't get the stainless barrel though.

DrjonesUSA
11-30-2006, 9:17 AM
Great point DrjonesUSA

Thanks.

Addax
11-30-2006, 9:46 AM
I currently own 2 SA mfg. M1A's, and I owned 2 Fed Ord mfg. M1A's using all USGI parts.

SA Loaded M1A with Carbon Steel NM barrel purchased in late 2002. It has a mix of USGI parts and New mfg. SA parts. I have 350 rounds through her with no issues and she is very accurate.

SA Scout M1A with Walnut stock purchased in 2005. It has all new SA mfg. parts. I have only shot 100 round through her, but she has not had any issues. But I have noticed how the Gas Cylinder looks kind of crappy, the casting really shows, but that is a cosmetic thing that I can change out if I ever want to.

My Fed Ord rifles had a mix of SA and TRW USGI parts built on their receivers cast in Spain. These rifles I owned were in every way just as good as the SA rifles I have today. In fact I kind of regret getting rid of them now, but I only have so much room in my safe. The one thing that does stand out is the receiver finishing on my 2 examples were just not exactly the same as my M1A receivers, but that was a cosmetic issue.

Now SA, Fed Ord, Polytech etc. all have had issues at one time or another. I have heard at one time that Polytech M1A receivers were so brittle that they would crack over time (early mfg rifles). Fed Ord receivers were also a sore point for some shooters because there was a batch that was out of spec or not heat treated properly. SA gets complaints too for bad parts or poor QC at times.

I own and shoot all types of rifles, FAL's, AR's, AK's, M1A's, C&R's etc. There has never been 1 rifle in the world that has not ever had some sort of issue, even custom built examples may have an issue sometimes.

Enjoy your new SA Loaded M1A, if you run into any issues, SA will stand behind their product with their warranty.

Now have fun and hit those targets!

6172crew
11-30-2006, 10:05 AM
I just picked up my NIB 1992 M1A standard, it came with USGI barrel, oprod, bolt, sear, flash hider, stock, and a few other small parts and it was $1500 plus dros.

I havent shot it yet because I think Im going to look fo ra GI trigger group to trade for my New SA inc trigger setup. Alot of the parts are miss matchwed but GI, like the TRW bolt, SA op rod, Winchester barrel and HR sear but it looks like a fantastic rifle IMO.

Now I just need to finish off this deal for a muzzle break and a trigger group and Im good.

Addax
11-30-2006, 10:10 AM
I just picked up my NIB 1992 M1A standard, it came with USGI barrel, oprod, bolt, sear, flash hider, stock, and a few other small parts and it was $1500 plus dros.

I havent shot it yet because I think Im going to look fo ra GI trigger group to trade for my New SA inc trigger setup. Alot of the parts are miss matchwed but GI, like the TRW bolt, SA op rod, Winchester barrel and HR sear but it looks like a fantastic rifle IMO.

Now I just need to finish off this deal for a muzzle break and a trigger group and Im good.

NICE!

ivorykid
11-30-2006, 12:46 PM
I have an LRB M14SA. I haven't has as much range time with it as I would like, but have already experienced some minor problems. The USGI trigger group roll pin that holds the magazine catch kept wiggling out (granted, this not an LRB issue...).
http://ivorykid.com/gallery2/d/4639-1/SoCal_50_Cal_Shoot_017.jpg

I was also having a heck-of-a-time getting USGI magazines to seat. The 10-rounder that came with the rifle clicked in fine. However, every single 20-rounder I tried would not seat. I tried some of mine and a few of my biddies. I pounded them in pretty hard, but they just would not click. After doing a little bit of research, I found out that there was a narrow S/N range of LRB receivers that my receiver feel into that were a little tighter in a few dimensions, resulting in the trigger group not seating as far into the receiver as normal. Some other folks that have experienced the same thing said that a little bit of time (wear) reduced the severity of the problem. I think that mine was especially tight--I could not get a sing USGI mag seated, while others could with a firm sasp against the table. Lou at LRB probably would have done something to fix my problem, but rather than sending it back, I just ground the magazine catch lever down a few mills. Now all my USGI mags seat firmly.

I did expect a little better fit considering the price I paid. But overall, my LRB receiver is very nicely finished.

http://ivorykid.com/gallery2/d/4651-1/SoCal_50_Cal_Shoot_013.jpg

ketec_owner
11-30-2006, 1:12 PM
IMHO - the springfield armory M1A is a pretty darn good rifle. Further - the lifetime warranty on it makes it even better. I have a National Match M1A and it works just fine - 1 MOA - depending on the ammo.

Who says 308 win is getting hard to find? It's still out there. The premium surplus Aussie F4 is pretty much gone. There is M118LRPD and South African which is nearly just as nice.

You made a good purchase on an underappreciated rifle. Use USGI mags. If your going to get a scope - get a cheek rest.

30Cal
11-30-2006, 1:25 PM
The USGI trigger group roll pin that holds the magazine catch kept wiggling out (granted, this not an LRB issue...).

Ugh! That's not a good time (it makes it impossible to get the trigger group out of the rifle). Stake that danged pin in place!

ivorykid
11-30-2006, 4:22 PM
Ugh! That's not a good time (it makes it impossible to get the trigger group out of the rifle). Stake that danged pin in place!
EXACTLY! I nearly drove myself crazy trying to get the trigger group out when it first happened. A little Loc-Tite... and no more problem.

neomentat
11-30-2006, 6:36 PM
Im not too sure of the pros's
SO the moral of the story is if I were considering purchasing a M1A at the present time I would buy a pre ban FN FAL.

where and how much can i get a pre ban FN FAL in CA??? thanks

NRAhighpowershooter
11-30-2006, 6:52 PM
where and how much can i get a pre ban FN FAL in CA??? thanks

You can't..... they are considered AW's and banned back in '89 :mad:

SemiAutoSam
11-30-2006, 7:08 PM
No they are not all AW. There is one that is not an AW and that is the FN FAL thats Receiver is not engraved with ".308 MATCH" its the HOWCO MD import that does not have a carry handle. Here are some pics of it. Someone bring the RR list and ill show what im talking about. in a nutshell the RR list didnt list them as FN ALL like they did the Galil rifles so they have to state which model they mean.

YES I own 2 of these at the moment.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/5063Left.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/5063Right.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/5063LeftButtstockFolded.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/5063RightButtstockFolded.jpg

You can't..... they are considered AW's and banned back in '89

M14Gunman
11-30-2006, 7:12 PM
As my name might suggest... I love my Sproingfield Aromry M1A! :)

I bought mine new in March of 2001.... been shooting it ever since.. I have put 2500 rounds through it deer hunting and having fun with it.... its worked flawlessly without complaints... I think by far the best rifle ever conceived.

M14Gunman
11-30-2006, 7:15 PM
No they are not all AW. There is one that is not an AW and that is the FN FAL thats Receiver is not engraved with ".308 MATCH" its the HOWCO MD import that does not have a carry handle. Here are some pics of it. Someone bring the RR list and ill show what im talking about. in a nutshell the RR list didnt list them as FN ALL like they did the Galil rifles so they have to state which model they mean.

YES I own 2 of these at the moment.

I am assuming that one of the following is true:

1) That is a registered AW
2) That is a pinned magazine

If not... is that not a semi-auto centerfire with a detachable mag and a pistol grip?

SemiAutoSam
11-30-2006, 7:19 PM
You guessed wisely young grasshopper

I am assuming that one of the following is true:

1) That is a registered AW
2) That is a pinned magazine

If not... is that not a semi-auto centerfire with a detachable mag and a pistol grip?