PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an XD customized by Springer precision

AG166
05-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Looking to send off my XD for some customization and have heard through the grapevine that Springer Precision is the place to send it. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of their service and quality?
Looking to put an extended mag well, extended mag release, some grip enhancement, sight change, and barrel change to start shooting some 3 gun competitions.
Thanks!

IPSICK
05-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Springer, Powder River, and Canyon Creek are your best bets. Springfield Custom and Bar-Sto come in at second.

3GunFunShooter
05-05-2011, 5:35 AM
I sent my 9 Tactical to Canyon Creek in 2005 for a trigger job. Still works great after
8000 rounds down it. It is my IDPA gun. For USPSA 3 gun shooting, 9mm is a real disadvantage. For those 3 gun matches I use a Para 16/40 or a Glock 35.

AG166
05-05-2011, 6:01 AM
Thanks for the info!

Go Bolts
05-05-2011, 9:52 AM
I sent in my XD9 Tactical for the following:

- New Sights (forgot which kind, but they're big and bright)
- Grip modification (X grip)
- Match Barrel (Barsto)
- Trigger Job
- Cerakote

They did a very nice job on my gun, however I did have to send it back for them to fix some mistakes they made...when I first got it back, the gun would not fire, and the cerakote would wipe away with cleaning solvent (Hoppes). I was pretty pissed, but they took care of the problems quickly and I've been happy with my gun since.