View Full Version : New Knoxx Video

CaCrusin
11-27-2006, 3:11 PM
You'll like this one!

http://www.knoxxstocks.com/AxiomVids/AxiomVid_revFinal.html

CaCrusin

slick_711
11-27-2006, 3:25 PM
How does the guy shooting one handed with the pistol grip demonstrate in any way the stock's ability to absorb recoil? Does look like a good stock but I'm not sure where it'd be useful, when hunting you don't shoot enough rounds to justify the expense/trouble of a different stock :confused: Maybe on a PTR I guess.

Timberland
11-27-2006, 4:55 PM
Cool, will one work with a savage?

11-27-2006, 6:42 PM
A friend of mine bought the Knoxx stock for his Remington 870. I wasn't to impressed with it. I have not shot it, so I can't comment on the recoil reduction. The stock just felt kind of cheap and didn't positively lock..

Vigilante
11-27-2006, 9:06 PM
I was out at the gun range that they show at the end of the video a few months ago. While I was there a couple of guys who either own or work for Knoxx showed up and started shooting a rifle with that stock on it. At this time they were shooting a rifle chambered in .300 remington ultra mag. They were kind enough to let my friend and I shoot the thing, and I was pretty impressed with how much it reduced the recoil of that ultra mag. A muzzle break would do about the same job, but they are a bit louder. Anyway, the guys from Knoxx were pretty cool, we chatted a bit then they packed up their cannon and left. Also, .308 doesn't kick much already, maybe you guys should redo the video using the .300 ultra mag? Or at least some other magnum cartridge?

uglygun
11-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Gotta agree, 308Win, not so interesting.

Go grab a Rem Model 7 in that darn 300SRUM and compare it to the normal rifle, if it reduces felt recoil, that will be the gun that shows it.

180grn Accubonds out of a buddies 300SRUM was more painful than the 200grn SMKs I fire out of my 300WinMag, and his 300SRUM wasn't pushing the 180s as fast as my 300WinMag with the 200s. Rem Model 7 was just too light and they put the stupidest little recoil pad on that stock.

NeoWeird
11-27-2006, 11:47 PM
My interest is perked, like it was with the other stocks, but as others have posted I am a bit torn.

It looked like at one point the entire barrel was free floating. Seems like a nice feature for a bolt gun, especially if someone is going to pay money for an aftermarket stock. Still, it seemed to me that it recoiled just as much as any other bolt .308. The first shot the girl does looks pretty average, and then after that it seems like she is better anticipating it. Not saying it is rigged or anything, but I'd probably need to shoot one before I agreed that it reduced felt recoil.

I got to ask though, does it use the same type of technology as your shotgun stocks, with the bulk of the work happening in the adjustable stock end of things, or if the buttstock portion of it was cutt of (leaving just the pistol grip) would it still function the same?

Gotta say though, I am glad to see you guys adapting and advancing your product onto more things. I'm not a big bolt action rifle guy, but it's nice to know that a product that would fit my shooting wants, needs, desires, etc could be on the horizon.

CaCrusin
11-28-2006, 7:58 AM
We had the Howa Action in an Axiom stock when everything came together for the video shoot. The .300RUM was back at Remington for their testing. While a .308 is relatively mild, the girl weighs 105 and is 14 yrs old. It was pretty big to her. We will be redoing the video with the .300 RUM for the SHOT Show.

Vigilante, I'm glad you got to shoot with our guys. We are at the range often so be sure to make yourself known when we're there at the same time.

The Axiom uses the SpecOps Stock (same as the Shotgun Stock) for the rear portion of the stock. Most of the recoil is taken up in the pistol grip, but there is a second recoil device in the butt. It is important to note that while the rifle moved, the shooter does not. There is virtually no muzzle flip and followup shots are very quick.

NeoWeird, the barrel is free floated from the recoil lug forward.Thanks for teh kind words.

5968, if you friend's stock looks cheaply made then it isn't a Knoxx Stock. If it doesn't lock up properly then he needs to call me and get a new one. If it is a Knoxx Stock, the proof is in the shooting.

Timberland, the Axiom wil be available for the Savage rifles by May of 2007.

Good shooting,

CaCrusin

joel1316
11-28-2006, 8:07 AM
I'd like to see the effect with and without the Knoxx stock.

Exiledviking
11-28-2006, 8:37 AM
I just installed a Knoxx stock on my Mossberg 590A1 and I couldn't be happier.

Don't knock it until you try it.

RicLee
11-28-2006, 8:40 AM
Nice! I have a SpecOps for my shotgun and that was the best investment I have ever made. If I had a rifle that would take this stock I would purchase it in a second no regrets.
Where is that gun range located at?

tpliquid1
11-28-2006, 9:24 AM
werd, i got knoxx on my 870 also. works nicely. reduced much recoil

Corbin Dallas
11-28-2006, 3:07 PM

I'm with Exile - I put one on my 590A1 also and all the guys at the CBP range were wondering why I was having so much fun with 1oz slugs!!

That was until I lent the 590 to one of them to try the Knoxx out. I think CBP will be outfitting their shottys with them shortly. Nothing but grins all around.

Tyler
11-28-2006, 3:32 PM
I would like one of these for my .338 Win-mag, I'll shoot it 5 or 6 times and my shoulder will hurt for days (with a break on it). It also hurts my wallet at about 2 bucks a round :D Don't think they will be making um for the older Ruger 77 though :(

guitartguy
11-28-2006, 4:23 PM

+1 I also love it on my 590. My brother has one of their other scopes on his 300 Win Mag and is happy.

ghost
11-28-2006, 4:33 PM
i got to check those out.

Vigilante
11-28-2006, 4:54 PM
Vigilante, I'm glad you got to shoot with our guys. We are at the range often so be sure to make yourself known when we're there at the same time.
can do

trinydex
05-13-2008, 11:52 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eWKbMb-84w0

RUM vid is here?

PolishMike
05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Holy necropost, batman!

berg
05-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow, this thread time travelled two years to get here!

Another vote for Knoxx/Blackhawk stock on a Mossberg.

BTW I find the .308 to kick plenty hard in a bolt action. Depends on the weight of the rifle.

Shane916
05-13-2008, 3:08 PM
Another vote for Knoxx/Blackhawk stock on a Mossberg.

Can't find those things anywhere!! They used to be plentiful now every single place is sold out and never can give an accurate ETA date.