PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 Sporter Question

Infamous
05-04-2011, 7:17 PM
Someone I know is offering to sell me their L1A1. The receiver is stamped L1A1 Sporter Cal. 308 C A I - St Alb Vt. Not to familiar on who assembled this rifle, but I believe it's a Century Arms build. I heard the sporters had thumbhole butt stocks on them, thou this one has standard stock and pg. The guy said he will take $600 for it including 4 mags & case. Is this a decent deal and make of the FN Fal? Also is this the inch receiver or metric? Any info you guys can pass on would be great thanks.

crazychinaman
05-04-2011, 7:53 PM
It's a sounds like a Century build ,at least the reciever.Some of there receivers where actually Imbel ones and some where made in the U.S. The Imbel are better. If it fires and fuctions good ,then take it.Otherwise you might have problems .They (Century) have a bad rap.The stock where thumbhole and then regular stocks later,I WOULD CHECK IT CAREFULLY.It sounds like it is a Inch pattern mag.Since it says L1A1 on it. The mag will have a big metal edge on the front top of mag,and a large notch in the receiver where the mags connects. 600 hundred is not bad .The receiver is new and the rest of the parts are used British or Canadian parts ,with some American made parts if the stock originally came with It.If It had a thumbhole stock .then all parts a used.no American made parts.Becuase I have one of those Century rifles with a thumbhole stock,It shoots fine.I alspo have ones they came with regular stocks too.

Infamous
05-04-2011, 8:24 PM
After a lil internet research I found that it is a Century build C A I (Century Arms Inc). I have heard a lot of cons about them too. I'm going to ask the seller if he will let me range test it. That will give me a lot more info on the condition it is in. If he declines, I'll tell him no deal.

luckystrike
05-04-2011, 8:45 PM
After a lil internet research I found that it is a Century build C A I (Century Arms Inc). I have heard a lot of cons about them too. I'm going to ask the seller if he will let me range test it. That will give me a lot more info on the condition it is in. If he declines, I'll tell him no deal.

expect not to get it. noone I know would let you try it out to see if you like it. cause theres nothing keeping you from being a touche and saying no thanks I just wasted your ammo gas and time.

as far as century gos, it depends on if the monkey that built it was intoxicated or not.