PDA

View Full Version : How to buy a Mosin Nagant online

sixersgo
05-04-2011, 2:44 PM
Im looking to buy a m91/30 online. But how does one do?. I dont know the steps of buying a firearm online and any site suggestions? Thank you

Alex

Erin
05-04-2011, 3:38 PM
you go to the local gun shop and ask them if they will middle man for you. get their contact info and give it to the owner of the gun. they trade ffl info and then you pay for it and pick it up from your local dealer

edit to add. big pain in the butt. check big five. they have thease guns for 100 bucks sometimes.

Vacaville
05-04-2011, 3:42 PM
Unless it's a sniper, Finn, or something else special, you'll be better of just going down to Big 5 and getting one for $99. An FFL usually charges something substantial for bringing in a gun purchased online.

Z.1
05-04-2011, 3:44 PM
+1 for Big 5. Brother-in-law just picked one up, its pretty sweet.

TheDeej
05-04-2011, 3:45 PM
An FFL usually charges something substantial for bringing in a gun purchased online.

+1

Most shops charge $100 for this service, cheapest I've found was $60ish.
That's a large expense for such a cheap rifle. Get one local.

timmy8151
05-04-2011, 4:27 PM
Get a C&R FFL and have it delivered to your door

RawImpact
05-04-2011, 5:52 PM
Get a C&R FFL and have it delivered to your door

this

costs what $30 for c&r?

Capt Jack
05-04-2011, 5:56 PM
this

costs what $30 for c&r?

Just renewed mine and it was $35ish I think. Whatever it was, it was cheaper than a transfer at the FFL.

Every Calgunner should have one just for the pleasure of getting a rifle shipped straight to your house!

sixersgo
05-05-2011, 9:51 PM
yeah. I called big 5 today. They got 4 into today and there selling them for $199. I was like wtf. Im watching for them all week for they can go on sale to $99. I was shooting my friends m91/30 his barrel got super hot. Is it alright to pour water on the top to cool it?

Vacaville
05-05-2011, 10:04 PM
yeah. I called big 5 today. They got 4 into today and there selling them for $199. I was like wtf. Im watching for them all week for they can go on sale to $99. I was shooting my friends m91/30 his barrel got super hot. Is it alright to pour water on the top to cool it?

I thought they were on sale this week. They run the sale at least once a month, so you probably just have to wait it out. Bummer.

Bulleh
05-05-2011, 10:09 PM

Go PHYSICALLY down to the store and fondle with one. If you like it, ask the manager to honor the last sales price. They will not do it for you over the phone, but I have yet to see or hear about a manager denying the last sales price if it were within a reasonable time (~within the last 2 weeks).

Capt Jack
05-06-2011, 5:10 PM
...Is it alright to pour water on the top to cool it?

I would say the best thing would be to put it aside and shoot something else for a while

sixersgo
05-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Go PHYSICALLY down to the store and fondle with one. If you like it, ask the manager to honor the last sales price. They will not do it for you over the phone, but I have yet to see or hear about a manager denying the last sales price if it were within a reasonable time (~within the last 2 weeks).

i went there right after i called them them. They said it wont go on sale for another few weeks

Im keeping my eye at big 5.

762.DEFENSE
05-06-2011, 10:45 PM
SBR (Sacramento Black Rifle) is running a special on them in the Marketplace. Support a Calguns vendor!

sixersgo
05-07-2011, 6:25 PM
SBR (Sacramento Black Rifle) is running a special on them in the Marketplace. Support a Calguns vendor!

Ill drive over there maybe this week after payday !

VetteRacer
05-07-2011, 6:42 PM
Just renewed mine and it was $35ish I think. Whatever it was, it was cheaper than a transfer at the FFL.

Every Calgunner should have one just for the pleasure of getting a rifle shipped straight to your house!

I understand that stuff can be shipped to house, but what about going to a dealer face to face? Can you go to big 5 or Turners, etc and cash and carry?

I am in no hurry to buy anything, but for the DROS price I might as well get the FFL and order online once it arrives..

Matt