PDA

View Full Version : Doing a PPT without dealer illegal?

xplodingtinkftw
05-04-2011, 3:09 PM
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle and here's the problem. I want to purchase/trade some ammo for a 22 rifle. However, I will be leaving the country for about 2 months and won't be back until the end of July. My question is can I give my ammo to the seller and have him leave the gun in my possession (with a bill of sale), or would that be illegal?

Also I've been trying to find out whether having an unregistered rifle in california is illegal, some say it is illegal some say its legal.

Thanks in advance

StraightShooter
05-04-2011, 3:12 PM
No you cant take possession of the rifle without going through an ffl.

Rifles arent registerered unless you were required by law to do so (AW's for example). You can voluntarily register a rifle but .......................why?

paul0660
05-04-2011, 3:18 PM
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle and here's the problem. I want to purchase/trade some ammo for a 22 rifle. However, I will be leaving the country for about 2 months and won't be back until the end of July. My question is can I give my ammo to the seller and have him leave the gun in my possession (with a bill of sale), or would that be illegal?

Also I've been trying to find out whether having an unregistered rifle in california is illegal, some say it is illegal some say its legal.

Thanks in advance

None of this makes much sense. You are leaving the country...........and he is going to leave the gun in your possession?

In the expectation that this won't help at all, loans can't be for more than 30 days. Just go to a FFL, transfer it, wait 10 days, and it is yours.

ghost
05-04-2011, 3:51 PM
in other states that would be legal,but not in good ol cali.

Fjold
05-04-2011, 4:53 PM
If the 22 rifle is over 50 years old you can do it. If it is a modern rifle, you have to go through an FFL.

darkest2000
05-04-2011, 6:50 PM
Why not wait till after you comeback? if it's a super rare piece that you absolutely want to secure the purchase perhaps you could pay for it in full in advance (if you trust the seller).