PDA

View Full Version : GSG 1911 preorders

Massappeal
05-04-2011, 1:31 PM
My friend just hit me up (works at Turners) They are now taking pre-orders with delivery scheduled for 5/25-6/1 delivery. $349.99 (deposit of 123.32)
You guys are welcomed! :D
Can't wait to get one for myself!!!! :43::D:cool:

Ubermcoupe
05-04-2011, 1:35 PM
Grrrr there not being a Turners in NorCal...:mad:

nagorb
05-04-2011, 1:54 PM
Grrrr there not being a Turners in NorCal...:mad:

As much as I hear people complain about them they seem to have good deals often.

Massappeal
05-04-2011, 1:55 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/axion7606/1911.jpg
Ask for Kevin, if you are at the Turners in Fountain Valley. He's a cool dude and calguns lover! (and no he does not make commission :smilielol5:)

triplestack3
05-04-2011, 1:59 PM
Kevin is a cool dude. Got my 22/45 Mk III from him. For as much hate as Turners gets, the Fountain Valley store staff has been great to me.

DaveFJ80
05-04-2011, 2:57 PM
Cool. I may pick up another one to use as fun plinker. I wanted to get the 'regular' one anyways, since I already have the 'Tactical' version.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/GSG_1911/First/3348.jpg

biloutkast
05-04-2011, 4:06 PM
What is the difference in price between the 'regular' and 'tactical'?

I heard Canyon Sports in Martinez had three come in yesterday.

DaveFJ80
05-04-2011, 9:12 PM
What is the difference in price between the 'regular' and 'tactical'?

As far as I know, just the grips (black plastic grips instead of the wood-looking plastic grips), the aftermarket rail screwed onto the bottom of the frame, and the tactical model comes with some fugly fake can. Both models (not sure about the CA version) come with threaded barrels.

I just picked up a new non-ambi safety, new flat mainspring housing, and new barrel bushing. I'll see how well those fit and if there's any filing/modding needed to make them fit (they fit perfectly onto my Kimber).

biloutkast
05-04-2011, 9:55 PM
Supposedly the parts you listed should fit, let us know how it goes.

RollingCode3
05-04-2011, 9:59 PM
Cool. I may pick up another one to use as fun plinker. I wanted to get the 'regular' one anyways, since I already have the 'Tactical' version.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/GSG_1911/First/3348.jpg

Does your Gsg1911 have threaded barrel? I am picking up my new gsg1911 in a few days (roster exempt) and I might to have to cancel it because I heard all current gsg1911s have threaded barrel on it. I dont want to deal with the DOJ and ATF.

rubber duckie
05-04-2011, 10:31 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/axion7606/1911.jpg
Ask for Kevin, if you are at the Turners in Fountain Valley. He's a cool dude and calguns lover! (and no he does not make commission :smilielol5:)

i saw that exact flier at FV while my buddy was getting that kahr on sale, almost wanted to put money down. but i will wait for them to get it in so i can handle one.

iareConfusE
05-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Is the GSG 1911 the same size as a .45ACP 1911, or is it a scaled down model, similar to the Sig Mosquito and Walther P22? Now that I've sold my CZ and am down to my 1911 as my go to pistol, I'd like a rimfire trainer for it, but I'd like to know about the scale.

RollingCode3
05-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Is the GSG 1911 the same size as a .45ACP 1911, or is it a scaled down model, similar to the Sig Mosquito and Walther P22? Now that I've sold my CZ and am down to my 1911 as my go to pistol, I'd like a rimfire trainer for it, but I'd like to know about the scale.

It is exactly the same size and it is pretty heavy too. It functions like a real 1911. In addition, the trigger is pretty sweet too

iareConfusE
05-05-2011, 2:16 AM
It is exactly the same size and it is pretty heavy too. It functions like a real 1911. In addition, the trigger is pretty sweet too

I want to shoot yours when you get it :o

RollingCode3
05-05-2011, 2:26 AM
I want to shoot yours when you get it :o

I am picking it up on Monday. Better pray it doesn't have threaded barrel. I didn't pay attention to the threaded barrel when I was doing the DROS last week. :(

iareConfusE
05-05-2011, 2:59 AM
I am picking it up on Monday. Better pray it doesn't have threaded barrel. I didn't pay attention to the threaded barrel when I was doing the DROS last week. :(

If you bought it here in CA, I doubt the dealers stocked the ones with a threaded barrel.

DaveFJ80
05-05-2011, 9:30 AM
Does your Gsg1911 have threaded barrel? I am picking up my new gsg1911 in a few days (roster exempt) and I might to have to cancel it because I heard all current gsg1911s have threaded barrel on it. I dont want to deal with the DOJ and ATF.

Yes, mine has the threaded barrel. But I used solder on the threads to permanently affix the cap to the barrel.

DaveFJ80
05-05-2011, 9:34 AM
I am picking it up on Monday.

Nice. The first mod I did was move the magazine disconnect (just pop off the mainspring housing and the spring & clip comes right out). I hated the fact that you had to put an empty magazine into the GSG in order to drop the hammer.

RollingCode3
05-06-2011, 1:53 PM
If you bought it here in CA, I doubt the dealers stocked the ones with a threaded barrel.

I dont think they have the non-threaded barrel version out yet. I dont even think my dealer knows that. :eek: I saw it on sale for $319 and I bought it right on the spot without looking at the barrel.

Yes, mine has the threaded barrel. But I used solder on the threads to permanently affix the cap to the barrel.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to reject the sale or something. I dont want the DOJ knocking on my door and want the threaded barrel back.

iareConfusE
05-06-2011, 1:56 PM
I dont think they have the non-threaded barrel version out yet. I dont even think my dealer knows that. :eek: I saw it on sale for $319 and I bought it right on the spot without looking at the barrel.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to reject the sale or something. I dont want the DOJ knocking on my door and want the threaded barrel back.

Oh... well that would really suck. Can't you just do what Dave did and weld the cap on the barrel?

Bulleh
05-06-2011, 2:07 PM

Do you mind me asking who your dealer is? I kind of want one right now haha.

DaveFJ80
05-06-2011, 5:17 PM
Having a threaded barrel in CA is legal, as long as it's not in the gun. The trick is to have another barrel in the gun when you DROS & pickup your gun. For me, I had an extended barrel in my GSG that stuck out about another 4" from the slide (since I did a single-shot conversion). Then before I put the threaded barrel into the GSG, I permanently affixed the cap to the barrel by using solder on the threads, thus making it CA-legal to insert into the gun.

I'm interested to see what ATI is doing with the CA-version of the GSG 1911, whether they are using completely different non-threaded barrels, or if they're using the same barrels as before but just using loctite or something to permanently affix the cap to the barrel.

Here's how it looked when I DROS'd and picked up my GSG. BTW, since I've seen so many people ask about it, no it's not easy at all (nor possible IMO) to convert the GSG 1911 into a .45 since the .45 mags don't even fit into the mag well (the sled we used needed to be shaved down quite a bit in order to fit into the GSG mag well.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/mugenef8/FIREARMS/GSG_1911/First/3339.jpg

Massappeal
05-06-2011, 7:35 PM
Just put my deposit down!! :Ivan:
Next question, aftermarket 1911 grips should be direct swap on these?

DaveFJ80
05-06-2011, 8:31 PM
Next question, aftermarket 1911 grips should be direct swap on these?

Yes, any 1911 grips will fit onto it. However there's a couple of things to note....

1) You have to use the ugly flat-head grip screws that come on the gun, unless you change out the bushings (the threads on the frame aren't that great so you may need a tap to clean it up). I put new bushings on mine and now I can put different screws so it looks much better.

2) The ambi-safety arm hangs lower than the openings on most ambi grips. Therefore you either need to cut away more of the ambi opening on the right grip, or swap to a non-ambi thumb safety (which is what I did).

I'll try to take some pics later to show what I mean.

Massappeal
05-06-2011, 9:26 PM
Yes, any 1911 grips will fit onto it. However there's a couple of things to note....

1) You have to use the ugly flat-head grip screws that come on the gun, unless you change out the bushings (the threads on the frame aren't that great so you may need a tap to clean it up). I put new bushings on mine and now I can put different screws so it looks much better.

2) The ambi-safety arm hangs lower than the openings on most ambi grips. Therefore you either need to cut away more of the ambi opening on the right grip, or swap to a non-ambi thumb safety (which is what I did).

I'll try to take some pics later to show what I mean.

Good info! I like the ambi because I am a lefty. :D

1SGMAT
05-08-2011, 7:51 AM
Do these lock back on an empty mag? I know I had seen someone say they operate the same but just want to be sure they go to slide lock after the last round in fired. Thanks

iddie
05-08-2011, 8:06 AM
Do these lock back on an empty mag? I know I had seen someone say they operate the same but just want to be sure they go to slide lock after the last round in fired. Thanks

The slide does lock back on an empty mag. At least it did when I handled one. The one I have on Dros right now, doesn't let me put the hammer down unless the magazine is in.

DaveFJ80
05-08-2011, 8:19 AM

Yes, the GSG slide locks back after the last round is fired. I have 6 GSG mags and they all operate the same.

The one I have on Dros right now, doesn't let me put the hammer down unless the magazine is in.

There's a small tab on the magazines that releases the mag disconnect. You can stick a screw driver into the mag well and release the lever if you want to drop the hammer without the mag in. Or, just pop the mainspring housing off and the mag disconnect spring & lever will drop right out. IMO, I think it's a bad safety forcing you to stick a mag into the gun in order to drop the hammer. That's how accidents can happen, if somebody's not paying attention and puts a hot mag into the gun. But then on rimfire guns, I don't dryfire them and the GSG is no different (lots of info on this online) so I always ride the hammer home when I depress the trigger.

Massappeal
05-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Where di you purchase your GsG 1911 mags? Im trying to find but it seems hard to find in stock.

Yes, the GSG slide locks back after the last round is fired. I have 6 GSG mags and they all operate the same.

There's a small tab on the magazines that releases the mag disconnect. You can stick a screw driver into the mag well and release the lever if you want to drop the hammer without the mag in. Or, just pop the mainspring housing off and the mag disconnect spring & lever will drop right out. IMO, I think it's a bad safety forcing you to stick a mag into the gun in order to drop the hammer. That's how accidents can happen, if somebody's not paying attention and puts a hot mag into the gun. But then on rimfire guns, I don't dryfire them and the GSG is no different (lots of info on this online) so I always ride the hammer home when I depress the trigger.

Smitherines
05-19-2011, 5:27 PM
Has anyone taken delivery on one of these yet?

Massappeal
05-19-2011, 9:33 PM
have not arrived yet

nazs
05-20-2011, 3:51 PM
I called Turners in Reseda and they told me they were not taking any pre-orders. Does it differ from store to store?