PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Gun Show May 21-22

Bluhdow!
05-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Never been to a gun show before, will this be any good? I'm assuming that it's a collection of vendors just showing off their stuff and offering it for sale, right?

I'm looking at making a few purchases as well. Usually purchase online or at Big 5. How does it work at the show in terms of the 10 day wait, etc.? Will I need to pay, then they ship to a local ffl? Are the prices reasonable at these things?

Sorry for so many questions. Just relatively new to this and curious to see what your experiences have been at shows.

Thanks!

SWEET SKS
05-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Same questions:)

sdjetpilot
05-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I bought 2k of 9mm ammo last time. After the entrance fee and parking its the same price as buying it online or from walmart. Thats all about the experience i have with gun shows though

loose_electron
05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
You can buy at the show, but you will have the gun secured by an FFL for a 10 day wait. Usually a busy show great prices on ammo, and odds and ends accessories.

Show in other states are much better and bigger, but this is what we got.

diego-ted
05-04-2011, 12:20 PM
That is correct, this is what we got!! You can probably match prices on line, I know I do for ammo. However, the show is a place to check things out, guns, ammo and people. It's like going to the fair for the food?? LOL. $25 is not bad for entertainment if you like guns and gun related stuff. It's a cool place to spend part of a day.

Diego

858casper858
05-04-2011, 2:18 PM
Del Mar is 60% gun show 40% jewerly, beef jerky, fudge, and airsoft. Of that 60%, at least half is for AR's.:rolleyes: But I still go everytime and usually have fun while I'm there. There are still deals to be had on parts and ammo. Not sure how buying a firearm works at the show, you have vendors from all over California not just locally. I'm sure you'll have fun, just go with an open mind. :D

oh yeah, don't forget your earplugs to block out the constant zap from the tasers. :p

rareair
05-04-2011, 2:48 PM
It's always a good time, but don't go assuming you'll find the greatest deals in the world- you won't.

@ shows, you'll also have an opportunity to touch & feel lots of accessories before actually having to shell out the funds.

As for buying a firearm @ the show, there is a secure location on the premises. This is where you're gun will be stored for 10 days. So you'll have to return to the fairgrounds after your 10 day wait is over. This is of course if the seller is out of town. If the seller is in San Diego, you can make arrangements to pick it up @ their place of business

Legasat
05-04-2011, 2:51 PM
Del Mar is not the biggest or the best gun show, but it is still fun to go.

Be sure to stop by the CalGuns booth and say "Hello" to your fellow gun enthusiasts!

Bluhdow!
05-04-2011, 3:32 PM
Word. Will do, thanks!

Sgt. Slaughter
05-04-2011, 3:40 PM
Go and check it out, should be fun, just drink a few beers and eat some jerky.

Len
05-04-2011, 6:50 PM
Skip Del Mar and go to the Costa Mesa show, 4 times as big and always a way better selection of everything.
There are several San Diego dealers that will DROS for you if you find a firearm you have to have.

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm

Fern
05-04-2011, 8:03 PM
Can't wait!!!:punk: But, I don't get out much.:no:

Laser Sailor
05-04-2011, 10:45 PM
See you guys there!