PDA

View Full Version : The U-15 and the DOJ at the show

Toolbox X
11-27-2006, 2:27 AM
I just got back from the Costa Mesa show.

For anyone who is interested, I had 3 of my AR's at the show and all 3 of them were configured with open magwells and U-15 stocks. I figured the DOJ would at least stop by my table and say hi, but I never saw any sign of them.

Thank you everyone who stopped by and checked out or bought a U-15. It was awesome getting to meet so many of you in person. The show was a huge success. A number of gun shops in Socal are eager to get U-15's on their shelves and a couple of the shops will have U-15's for you to try out in their shops in the mean time.

I will release more details soon.

-Grant

new cal shooter
11-27-2006, 6:49 AM
Fresno Gun show this 2nd 3rd of Dec going to be there? Central Coast Gun shows is the promoter, lots of gun fans in fresno.

PanzerAce
11-27-2006, 6:53 AM
If you are at the fresno show, I think I will have to drop by your table and say high.

Any chance that CGNers could get a discount *cross fingers* :D

mdhpper
11-27-2006, 9:04 AM
Hi Grant,

It was nice meeting you yesterday, now I can't wait to put my rifle together using the U-15 stock. The design of your product is excellent! I could not believe how comfortable the display rifles felt.

Thanks again,

Juan

luvtolean
11-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I didn't intro myself as there were several people at the table with very quizzical looks on their faces as they stared, and Toolbox trying to help them.

It's an extremely well made unit, and if you like it by pics, you'll probably like it more in person.

If there was anything I didn't like about the unit, it's the reach to the selector switch. I couldn't get it with my thumb if I had any kind of shoot ready grip. (It might be an ambi selector would be a useful mod for this stock system, even for righties.)

I see why, the geometry was created to keep the web of your hand above the trigger. But because of my use of the platform, it's not for me.

m1371
11-27-2006, 12:14 PM
I figured the DOJ would at least stop by my table and say hi, but I never saw any sign of them.

Well, I'd say that was pretty darn RUDE of them. Wouldn't you? :D

Best of luck to you with the new stock. It looks pretty sweet and I'm looking forward to getting back into town next month where I can see one in person.

azndmd
11-27-2006, 7:06 PM
Hi Grant,

It was good to meet you at the CM show. I picked one up and can't wait to to use it on my OLL.

Best of Luck to you... you rose to the occasion for the benefit of the rest of us who are either all thumbs or short on imagination.

thmpr
11-27-2006, 9:18 PM
The reason why the DOJ did not do anything is because they know its legal.... Just think if they tried to press charges.... another black eye...:p

SemiAutoSam
11-27-2006, 9:21 PM
Iggy and friends (sounds like a saturday morning kids show) didn't show up to the CM gun show as they have a limited allowance and they spent everything they had getting to and from the BIG RENO SHOW.

So it looks like they are grounded for a while and until they are given their December allowance they will not be leaving Sacramento area.

OHHH and that its legal also and AM has caused them enough embarrassment for while. but the above bit was funnier. IMHO.

Chaingun
11-28-2006, 7:24 AM
I didn't intro myself as there were several people at the table with very quizzical looks on their faces as they stared, and Toolbox trying to help them.

It's an extremely well made unit, and if you like it by pics, you'll probably like it more in person.

If there was anything I didn't like about the unit, it's the reach to the selector switch. I couldn't get it with my thumb if I had any kind of shoot ready grip. (It might be an ambi selector would be a useful mod for this stock system, even for righties.)

I see why, the geometry was created to keep the web of your hand above the trigger. But because of my use of the platform, it's not for me.

This like the MMG requires an ambi safety.

Q
11-28-2006, 7:39 AM
he wears a brown hat and trench coat. the guy with the little girl named penny. his name is inspector gadget.:D