PDA

View Full Version : Kimber 82G from CMP

Izzy43
05-04-2011, 8:56 AM
Rifle arrived on Monday. I thought the 10 day wait in Cali was bad but this took 5 weeks from time of order until delivery. However it was worth the wait. This is one of the 82G Rusties that is sold by CMP. Took a day to remove all the preservative, disassemble the rifle and the real PITA was disassmbly/re-assembly of the bolt. Only found one small area of rust on a small plate under the trigger guard. Everything else was pristine after removal of the preservative.

The rifle weighs in at 10.1 lbs so won't be packing this one around in the woods. The stock is walnut and has a very nice grain pattern and knots on the butt stock. There were three small knife cuts on the stock as a result of Private SlingBlade doing inventory. Made with a razor knife and they are hardly noticable. I will refinish the stock as some point as the orignal finish is rather dull but some beautiful wood beneath. For $425 shipped to my door, no DROS by the way, I think its a very good deal. Haven't shot it yet but expect good things when I do. Pictures below.

stevie
05-04-2011, 8:58 AM
Very nice wood on that rifle. Looks like a winner

grnt
05-04-2011, 10:34 AM
I want one

surfNshoot
05-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Very nice Izzy. Lets see how it shoots in the match this month.

Izzy43
05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Very nice Izzy. Lets see how it shoots in the match this month.

Can't wait to get it out to the range. The wife is off work this week so gotta work on the new house 24/7. Maybe next Monday.

usmcchet9296
05-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Sweet rifle Izzy
id love to get another and scope it

Izzy43
05-04-2011, 1:24 PM
Sweet rifle Izzy
id love to get another and scope it

Better hurry before they are all gone. I would like to have gotten two as well but have purchased three firearms this year so kinda gotta wait a while. I was inspired to purchase the 82G when I saw how well yours shot. Hope my will do nearly as well (of course I doubt my skills are up to yours). The sights are much better than the BRNO Target Sights on my CZ.