PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Strikefire reviews?

jeffrice6
05-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Anyone running a Vortex Strikefire & how do you like it/rate it?

(Edit) Should have posted in optics... Could Mods please move

zipman5150
05-04-2011, 12:19 AM
I have 3 of them on different AR's... Love them... work great for the price...

jeffrice6
05-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Do you have red only or the combo?

RT13
05-04-2011, 1:06 AM
I run one on a Saiga and a SPARC on an AR. Both really good products for their price. The SPARC has a brighter red dot than the Strikefire, but I have the older red/green model. I heard the newer red dot only Strikefire is brighter. They maintain zero very well.

hellraiser
05-04-2011, 1:35 AM
I have a strikefire and really like it. It's the red dot only model and so far it's been more then bright enough on sunny days. I have maybe 700 rounds with it on and it's held zero perfect. Some people complain the on off button is easy to hit while in a soft bag but I haven't ran into this problem.(but I'm not an animal with my gear either) The only thing I have done is accidentally hit the n/v button that acts like a dimmer. Stupidly I thought it wad broken till I realized my mistake.

Keep in mind that dot size is on the big side for real long distance shooting. But even thats a matter of personal taste. The scope includes a 2x magnifier that's ok but I never use it.

In all I would/have recommended them to friends and will be buying another or the spark.

Also : they have an awesome warranty and great customer service!

echoarms
05-04-2011, 7:51 AM
I ran mine on an AR22 for quite some time and liked it but it crapped out on me. They did replace it right away no questions asked. I am still mostly satisfied. I bought less than the best and it performed as such.

docsmileyface
05-04-2011, 8:41 AM
I have a SPARC - works great, great price and value for it. Function is indistinguishable from my Aimpoint Micro T1, in fact I like the controls on the SPARC a bit better. Aimpoint beats out in battery life on paper, haven't had to swap out either of the units batteries yet.

motorwerks
05-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Mines been fine. Once I find a shorter ring for it I'm going to be mounting it to a 10/22 for my wife.

BoonieGhost
05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Aimpoint is the ONLY way to go...anything less is just uncivilized...

Lazy eye
05-04-2011, 2:05 PM
Aimpoint is the ONLY way to go...anything less is just uncivilized...

And 400 dollars cheaper...

tacticalcity
05-04-2011, 2:11 PM
They way I look it at, if it is your primary rifle or primary rifle in a specific class of rifles within your collection then eventually you will want to have the top of the line optics on it. However, if it is a backup or just one of many, then there is nothing wrong with saving some money so long as the sight can stand up to the abuse it would get during whatever it is you do with it. After all, if you have 10 rifles, not all of them need to have a final cost in the thousands of dollars. Some can just be range rifles or plinkers. Just plan on reaching for the primary with the better optics if it hits the fan.

I think a lot of the guys saying Aimpoint or Eotech only when it comes to red dots are thinking you are talking about your only rifle. If you do only have one rifle, and you are not just looking for something to plink with, or hold you over until you have more money then they are right. A $100 or less red dot sight is not going to serve your needs. I am not entirely sure the Vortex SPARC falls into the cheapy category however.

The Vortex SPARC has been getting some excellent reviews. A lot of people are beginning to argue that it might actually be at the Aimpoint and EoTech level with only half the cost. I don't own one myself so I cannot say. But if it is true, then that is welcome news considering the price point.

I have not had a chance to try out the Strikefire and have not read to much about it.

I currently own two ARs (sold off the rest). At one point one had an Aimpoint T-1 and one had an EoTech XPS. When something came up and I needed money in a hurry I sold off the Aimpoint T-1. Later, when I was flush again I replaced it with a much less expensive Primary Arms sight rather than spending top dollar. Why? Because the rifle hardly gets used. I always reach for the other one. So why spend that much money on the sight? It didn't make sense. I'm keeping the rifle as a backup, in case my primary goes down. So it just needs a decent sight, not the most expensive one out there. Someday I may upgrade, but in the mean time the less expensive sight serves my needs perfectly.

762.DEFENSE
05-04-2011, 3:14 PM
I have a Strikefire on my CMMG dedicated AR 22, and really like it. Great bang for your buck!

Ulyses83
05-04-2011, 6:57 PM
i have it, good red dot. but red kinda washes out on a sunny day :-(.

NYY
05-04-2011, 8:09 PM
have it. like it. does its job parallax up to 25 yards. recommend it

cstables
05-04-2011, 8:18 PM
+1 on the strikefire, also have the vortex magnifier
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k513/cstables86/photo.jpg

NYY
05-04-2011, 8:21 PM

how big is that magnifier? 4x?

Ulyses83
05-04-2011, 10:06 PM

Kewl!!!! Where did u find the magnifier ?????:confused:

BOFH
05-04-2011, 10:09 PM
i have it, good red dot. but red kinda washes out on a sunny day :-(.

Really? Mine gets bright as heck. Is yours the red/green version or red only? If its red only something is wrong with it, it should be able to get very bright.

BOFH
05-04-2011, 10:11 PM

You don't wan the combo one..go red only.

zipman5150
05-04-2011, 10:36 PM

I Have the combo...

BoonieGhost
05-05-2011, 9:48 AM
And 400 dollars cheaper...

you will NEVER find the quality of an Aimpoint optic ANYWHERE else, they are the best red dot optic in the world period... Save your money, buy it once, do it right and have it for life!

cstables
05-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstables

Kewl!!!! Where did u find the magnifier ?????

Picked up online at B&H photo for $130, and sometimes there's coupons for that website.... And it's a 3x magnifier

stove pipe
05-05-2011, 7:45 PM
Red dot only here and it works freakin' great day or night. I like how you can get a tiny dot when it's fairly dark out when you put it in NV mode.

Got it on sale for $129 during one of those 2 day online sales at DVOR.

Another thing, it is so annoying when these Aimpoint interlopers (among others) barge into a thread about a specific product and then recommend you spend more of YOUR money on their product. Especially when they have zero experience with said product.

Yeah, we get it. It may be better but it costs more. Not everyone wants - or can afford - to buy H&K, Rolex, Porsche, Gulfstream, etc.

Often times, a Glock, Seiko, VW, Challenger - or Vortex - works just fine for less money.

BoonieGhost
05-05-2011, 9:24 PM
Red dot only here and it works freakin' great day or night. I like how you can get a tiny dot when it's fairly dark out when you put it in NV mode.

Got it on sale for $129 during one of those 2 day online sales at DVOR.

Another thing, it is so annoying when these Aimpoint interlopers (among others) barge into a thread about a specific product and then recommend you spend more of YOUR money on their product. Especially when they have zero experience with said product.

Yeah, we get it. It may be better but it costs more. Not everyone wants - or can afford - to buy H&K, Rolex, Porsche, Gulfstream, etc.

Often times, a Glock, Seiko, VW, Challenger - or Vortex - works just fine for less money.

I own a Comp M3 and two T-1's, but you're right, i have absolutely ZERO experience with quality optics! Get Real!

Im not saying Vortex is an absolutlely bad dot, but they arent anywhere near as durable nor do they have the warrenty of an Aimpoint...

hellraiser
05-05-2011, 10:46 PM

Lmao!!! Happens all the time.

MrPlink
05-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I own a Comp M3 and two T-1's, but you're right, i have absolutely ZERO experience with quality optics! Get Real!

Im not saying Vortex is an absolutlely bad dot, but they arent anywhere near as durable nor do they have the warrenty of an Aimpoint...

What kind of car do you drive?
Im willing to bet it isnt anywhere as good as a Ferrari.
It doesent have the looks, power, handling, OR prestige!

GET REAL!

:rolleyes:

p.s.
I own a comp M4, so my opinion is more valid than yours

247Nino
05-06-2011, 2:39 AM

I am willing to bet my Strikefire that Vortex has just as good a warranty as Aimpoint. They're pretty damn fast too. Now the Strikefire isn't built as robust but it CAN take a beating.

I have an Eotech on my Carbine and a red only Vortex Strikefire on my AR Pistol.
What is packed and ready to "GO" ? Both, they each have their bags packed and ready to fly.