PDA

View Full Version : About the Apex Trigger

TLC
05-03-2011, 9:34 PM
Has anyone here that's had the Apex trigger work done on thier M&P ever had to send it in for warranty work? I'm thinking about getting an M&P...and much of that has to do with the stellar rep S&W has for standing behind thier warranty. I'm just curious to know if they would view the Apex mods as cause for voiding the warranty.

FIREBALL_BRIAN
05-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Not sure. I hear the apex is a great setup. I had an issue with my m&p in regards to the front sight literally falling off after 50rnds so s&w paid to ship it back so they could replace all my sights with night sights and also sent it back with an extra mag. Oh an they shipped overnight both ways. They were great help and all this was on them. I am sure s&w will treat you right if anything would arise.

UserM4
05-03-2011, 11:56 PM
If there's a problem with the trigger, send it to Apex. Otherwise, everything else will be covered from S&W. Or put it back to stock if you have to. Is this a range/comp gun or an HD weapon?

jeffrice6
05-04-2011, 12:19 AM
For M&P work PM (1911whore) He does great work!!!

iareConfusE
05-04-2011, 12:28 AM
If you have to send your Apex'ed M&P back to S&W, be sure to remove the Apex parts and put the stock parts back in. There have been several stories of people sending their Apex'ed guns to S&W and having their upgraded parts removed and replaced back to stock by S&W. Thieves!

Shenaniguns
05-04-2011, 8:47 AM
Has anyone here that's had the Apex trigger work done on thier M&P ever had to send it in for warranty work? I'm thinking about getting an M&P...and much of that has to do with the stellar rep S&W has for standing behind thier warranty. I'm just curious to know if they would view the Apex mods as cause for voiding the warranty.

No it does not void the warranty but they will remove it before they ship it back and you may or may not have them in a baggy on return. They best thing to do is install the factory parts before you ship it back. I'd also shoot a few hundred rounds through the gun to see if there are any defects before installing the parts in case it does need to be returned to S&W.

TLC
01-12-2013, 7:29 PM
My M&P gets out of jail on the 22nd and I wanted to go ahead and I wanted to go ahead and install Apex components because I've heard so much about how much it improves the functioning of the pistol. That being said, I'm not sure what kits/parts are needed and what may not really be necessarry.

This will be a home defense/range gun.

Thanks!

TLC
01-12-2013, 7:29 PM
My M&P gets out of jail on the 22nd and I wanted to go ahead and I wanted to go ahead and install Apex components because I've heard so much about how much it improves the functioning of the pistol. That being said, I'm not sure what kits/parts are needed and what may not really be necessarry.

This will be a home defense/range gun.

Thanks!

Avedis
01-12-2013, 7:38 PM
APEX DCAEK (https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid35.html)
APEX RAM (https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid45.html) (only works with the older sear housing block)

Whatisthis?
01-12-2013, 7:39 PM
Have you fired a stock M&P? Have you fired one with the Apex parts? Do you know the manufactured date of your M&P?

I really don't mind the stock M&P trigger. It isn't as bad as people say. The Apex definitely makes it better IMO, but that doesn't mean it's for everyone or that you should be throwing down money on these parts.

Also, some of the new M&Ps could possibly have updated triggers. Don't know how accurate it is, but I thought someone on here said theirs was updated.

TLC
01-12-2013, 8:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback Avedis. So the RAM won't do anything for my new M&P huh?

Avedis
01-12-2013, 8:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback Avedis. So the RAM won't do anything for my new M&P huh?

It simply wont fit in the new sear housing block. If you really hate the reset, you can order the older sear housing block for $24 and throw the RAM in it. Or you can wait, APEX will be releasing a version of the RAM for the new sear housing block.

TLC
01-12-2013, 8:53 PM
When is that supposed to happen?

TLC
01-12-2013, 8:54 PM

m03
01-13-2013, 12:29 AM

It was suppose to happen this month (from what I read 3 months ago), but it's probably been pushed back.

The good news is that newer M&Ps should have a slightly improved reset anyway.

Jet Setter
01-13-2013, 12:40 AM
OP, shoot about 500 rounds through your M&P before you decide on anything. This is by far the best suggestion I can give you. Get a good feel for it, first, before you make changes. You might be surprised to find that it is quite good out of the box.

I have anew M&P40 FS (manufactured in May, bought in September) and I really liked the way it was right out of the box. Yes, the reset was slight but it did not bother me too much. Fast forward to now. 1104 rounds through it (yes, I counted and keep a range book handy with dates, ammo type, etc.) And I finally decided to install my RAM kit yesterday afternoon. Why? Because I plan to use this as my carry. I will be testing it out on Monday to see if it makes a huge difference. If not, I will take out (takes about 3 minutes) and keep it stock.

For a range/HD gun, might not be worth dropping a lot of money on it. Just enjoy it first.

Bloxsom
01-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Get the RAM, for that "glock" like reset. Next, its your choice of, the Comp kit or the Duity/carry kit. I bough the comp and it is amazing. I would not recommend it for a HD gun though. Even after 2500+ rounds through the gun will still surprise me with how light the trigger is. If I did it again I would go with the Duity/Carry kit. O ya then buy a CZ spo1 :)

peacedivision
01-13-2013, 12:12 PM
What you 'need' to do is run 1000+ rounds through your new M&P, then worry about upgrades.