PDA

View Full Version : Noob Zeroing question

Hungster
05-03-2011, 7:52 PM
So here goes, my rear sight is on the detachable handle, and I also have a Lucid HD7 red dot, if I zero both, do I have to re-zero whenever I switch between them?? I'll try putting them exactly where they were when I zero them, would a slight change in position cause them to lose zero?

Dannicus
05-03-2011, 7:57 PM
Give it a shot. You should be good as long as you put them back where they were and you don't clamp any debris under them.

Hungster
05-03-2011, 8:14 PM
I figure the elevation where the sights are mounted hasn't changed, it wouldn't be a problem. The only difference is the rear sights might be closer/further from the front sight...Maybe the slight elevation change due to the distance between the front and rear sight may be a problem for longer distance, say >700yds??

Sky_DiveR
05-03-2011, 8:18 PM
I'd just go ahead try it and see how much your zero changes. Then come back and let us know what you find. I've seen claims from other manufacturers stating that their mounts return to zero after removal but never really verified how much (if any) it really makes a difference.

Dannicus
05-03-2011, 8:19 PM
I'd just go ahead try it and see how much your zero changes. Then come back and let us know what you find. I've seen claims from other manufacturers stating that their mounts return to zero after removal but never really verified how much (if any) it really makes a difference.

yup

dieselpower
05-03-2011, 8:29 PM
as long as you mount in the same place, its still zero. as long as you do not move any adjustment screws. On the carry handle you would have to loosen the set screw under the peep sight and spin the bottom wheel...its not like you are going to be doing that. Its easier to do with an optic that is made to adjust easy.

Thats why I like my ATAC. Both optic and BUIS are one unit. The C-More can't lose zero and neither can the BUIS. Its nearly impossible to accidentally move the zero. Both take tools and effort to move the zero.

r6raff
05-03-2011, 9:04 PM
As long as you place them back exactly where they originated from and don't touch any adjustment screws you should be good.