PDA

View Full Version : How to zero magnified red dot?

mrvash
05-03-2011, 5:49 PM
I have a Aimpoint Comp M2 using it's stock quick-detach mount and a Primary Arms 3x Deluxe magnifier with a PA flip to side mount.

Question is, if I were to zero my Comp M2 at 25 yards while magnified, if I were to then flip the magnifier out of the way would the red dot still remain it's zero at 25 yards? Just wondering if the magnifier would have an affect on the zero of the red dot, hearing people shoot off zero while magnified.

Thanks!

SuperSet
05-03-2011, 5:53 PM
No, the magnifier does not affect your zero (as long as you get your eye directly behind it to minimize parallax). And why are you zeroing at 25Y? Assuming you're shooting .223 out of an AR platform, that's not a good zero.

mrvash
05-03-2011, 7:14 PM
No, the magnifier does not affect your zero (as long as you get your eye directly behind it to minimize parallax). And why are you zeroing at 25Y? Assuming you're shooting .223 out of an AR platform, that's not a good zero.

Yeah, I'm shooting a .223 AR. Why not the 25 yard zero? what do you recommend?

SuperSet
05-03-2011, 7:19 PM
50y or 100y are much better zero distances.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd278/WTAForum/BZO2_E11.jpg

ElvenSoul
05-03-2011, 7:21 PM
50yds...I saw your earlier post on this...I think your problem is diferent cheek welds..not getting the same weld when flipping the magnifier away... do you have iron sights? If so does they co witness with the red dot?
If so zero irons..then zero red dot..then try magnifier.

OpticsPlanet
05-04-2011, 6:55 AM
Bear in mind that some magnifiers allow you to adjust the magnified view vertically and horizontally - or rather to center the VIEW of the reticle. the EOTech and Vortex come to mind.

Mark H.